💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Rihanna: "I don't make generic music like Gaga and Katy"

Dojo

Featured Posts

Catnikko
1 hour ago, Donatellah said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but she always seemed to be a very shady person to me, doesn't she?

Let's all hold everyone accountable for comments they made (not that seriously) 13 years ago y'all, today is that day :bear:

Actual patient

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KennyRichie

Maybe she now knows that in that time people outside the pop world cult fans used to hear any Rihanna song in 2010 and sayed it's the new Lady Gaga song or Katy Perry's, this generic music she talked about is part of her catalogue also and that is not a bad thing 

27 minutes ago, catsounds said:

Let's all hold everyone accountable for comments they made (not that seriously) 13 years ago y'all, today is that day :bear:

it's not, it's all in good spirit and positivity

monstertoronto
4 hours ago, Dojo said:

Kamala Harris Waiting GIF by Election 2020

I thought she was friends with Katy at this point. I don’t remember her being this shady, ugh. 

Controversiaga

I’m sorry I love Rihanna but

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

holy scheisse
9 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

I thought she was friends with Katy at this point. I don’t remember her being this shady, ugh. 

She’s literally not even being shady. She is saying she wanted to make a Rihanna specific album, and infuse her West Indies cultural identity into it

the op misquoted her first of all, and the title of this thread makes her sound shadier than her actual words are — it’s literally click bait

there is a difference between

“I don’t make generic music like Kesha, gaga, Katy” 

and

”I didn’t want the generic pop record that Kesha, Gaga, Katy could do and it would work”

monstertoronto
2 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

She’s literally not even being shady. She is saying she wanted to make a Rihanna specific album, and infuse her West Indies cultural identity into it

the op misquoted her first of all, and the title of this thread makes her sound shadier than her actual words are — it’s literally click bait

there is a difference between

“I don’t make generic music like Kesha, gaga, Katy” 

and

”I didn’t want the generic pop record that Kesha, Gaga, Katy could do and it would work”

I didn’t watch the video.  The quote sounds less shady the way you put it 

holy scheisse
1 minute ago, monstertoronto said:

I didn’t watch the video.  The quote sounds less shady the way you put it 

I’m sure you’re not alone lol

Chromatography
5 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

She was so immature and shady around that time. This is why you shouldn’t talk about your peers like that. Those comments have aged really bad. 

i feel like all the pop girlies were shady in the early 2010s. gaga never name dropped but she was absolutely shady on twitter

Anderson123
6 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i feel like all the pop girlies were shady in the early 2010s. gaga never name dropped but she was absolutely shady on twitter

I think that was just the social media shady thing they used to do back then. They were all new artists and it was part of "culture". Glad to see we've moved past that now or at least want to think we are. P!nk and Christina are friendly now, they were also shady when they started and like they said, life happened, both became moms and they just learned.

LilyLark

Not people on twitter dragging up a 15 year old sound bite to get everyone riled up....people need to chill. Not to mention Rihanna seems friendly-ish with Gaga and was close friends with Katy.

Monstermilo

i dont think she meant it in a harmful way, i think she just meant it had barbados flavor in it 

but even tho riri has more hits and has sold more than gaga 

gaga is far from generic and riri's pop music is more generic than gagas lol

Guillaume Hamon

Before that Loud era interview she already was saying she wouldn't do the same dance music her peers were doing while promoting rated R.

Rated R then semi flopped so she made a follow up album with... Precisely dance of that time tunes as lead and third single. :huntyga:

Anveeroy
12 hours ago, artdoll said:

In Rih's defense, judging by the hairstyle, I would assume this interview was done during the Loud era which was 2010(?) At that point gaga only had The Fame (which, to be fair, is super generic pop) & The Fame Monster (not as generic but I would say commercially appealing as TF) just my opinion tho! :kiss:

The Fame and The Fame Monster weren't generic at that time frame 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Archived