đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Rihanna: "I don't make generic music like Gaga and Katy"

Dojo

Featured Posts

On 2/5/2023 at 1:59 PM, artdoll said:

In Rih's defense, judging by the hairstyle, I would assume this interview was done during the Loud era which was 2010(?) At that point gaga only had The Fame (which, to be fair, is super generic pop) & The Fame Monster (not as generic but I would say commercially appealing as TF) just my opinion tho! :kiss:

Yeah but no one was doing either of those albums. Many tried many failed. Gaga was giving something special in those songs. You would not have heard just anyone sing those songs and the best evidence is look at how, frankly, corny all the covers people did back then. Poker Face and bad romance are kinda cringe worthy when others handle them. She should have said Brittney tbh

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/5/2023 at 2:09 PM, Stephen said:

It's funny because she probably was getting offered a lot of songs back then that were specifically described as "Gaga type" songs or "Kesha type" songs because that's what was charting at the time. And she's saying she rejected those songs in favor of something that felt more specific to her.

It does sound very condescending because Gaga wasn't following a trend when she made Poker Face or Bad Romance, she was pioneering the trend. Only after Gaga and Black Eyed Peas brought dance back to top 40 did Rihanna consider doing a track like Only Girl in the World. :billie:

And later, We Found Love

On 2/5/2023 at 2:05 PM, bionic said:

true and she has a very distinctive voice but there isn't a single rihanna song that couldn't be sung just as well by britney, janet, etc

Also every Rihanna song gets covered by someone and it sounds fine. Her songs are some of the most cover-able songs out there which indicates how others could sing them lmao hell Sia became the force she was on the charts bc of that very fact. 

Future Lovers

This recent trend of digging up things celebrities said years ago as if they have not grown or changed any since is starting to get so tiresome. Not just here, on social media too. It's like any time a celebrity has a big moment, there's not far behind a tweet or something uncovering dirty laundry from a decade plus before that's supposed to be a gotcha. 

People's opinions and thoughts and attitudes change with time. I don't believe for a moment Rihanna would echo these same opinions today.

Archived