💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Rihanna: "I don't make generic music like Gaga and Katy"

Dojo

Featured Posts

Helxig

I thought from the title that this was a new quote and I was about to get mad... but then I realised it's from like 2010 and... this quote just has not aged well Rhi Rhi

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phantomhive

I love rih but this was such a delusional take. In fact I'd even argue that it's actually Gaga and Katy instead that have songs that sound tailored to their style since they both actually write their own songs :reductive:

But I'm more interested in the fact that she did Katy so dirty like this :billie: This was obviously from the LOUD era; weren't they bffs and hung around a lot at that time? :billie:

In I fly on wings of winter.

ELECTROHEART
13 hours ago, Dojo said:

Ava in 2 years: "I didn't want to make generic pop records like Dua, Olivia and Taylor, so i went for samples instead" 

avamaxsamplingkweennnie.jpg

OT but a bit unnecessary to shade Ava at every opportunity, we are getting worst than madders c'mon :emma:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

45 minutes ago, Dennis said:

@Dojo You really chose violence today by reposting this old shady video, which is probably older than some members on this forum

i never saw it before and i was shocked by it! i knew i had to bring it here lmao 

littlepotter

The crazy thing is this was during TFM. Literally who could do Bad Romance 

chaeri pls

RichAssPiss

The quote in the Tweet is not what she says. What she says is she wanted songs that were tailored to her voice and style that could not just be performed by anyone. She does not say those artists make bad or generic songs. She's saying that a generic pop record COULD be sung by any of them. 

artdoll
10 hours ago, Anveeroy said:

The Fame and The Fame Monster weren't generic at that time frame 

Aside from TF's singles I think I'm going to have to disagree on that one. As for TFM, it definitely wasn't generic as I said, but definitely commercially appealing imo! :kiss:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。

lolitamuse
On 2/5/2023 at 2:59 PM, artdoll said:

In Rih's defense, judging by the hairstyle, I would assume this interview was done during the Loud era which was 2010(?) At that point gaga only had The Fame (which, to be fair, is super generic pop) & The Fame Monster (not as generic but I would say commercially appealing as TF) just my opinion tho! :kiss:

The Fame was not generic pop at the time it was released. It was actually a totally different sound from what was popular at the time, and to be honest, Just Dance ushered in a very new wave of dance pop in music that was then solidified by Bad Romance. I know it's easy to romanticize the past and Gaga's impact, but I was actually a teenager during that time and remember it well - The Fame was very much not generic at the time. 

Sneaky Oliver

You guys twisted her words and there’s a 5 page thread attacking ha. Wow. She clearly meant she looks for the songs that have the “Rihanna” trademark vibe and energy, songs that wouldn’t fit into Gaga’s or Katy’s discography. She didn’t mean Gaga’s Katy’s or Kesha’s songs were generic 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Mother of Puppies

well at least Gaga & Katy wrote their own songs :ororomunroe:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

holy scheisse
On 2/8/2023 at 5:53 AM, Sneaky Oliver said:

You guys twisted her words and there’s a 5 page thread attacking ha. Wow. She clearly meant she looks for the songs that have the “Rihanna” trademark vibe and energy, songs that wouldn’t fit into Gaga’s or Katy’s discography. She didn’t mean Gaga’s Katy’s or Kesha’s songs were generic 

thank u for being sane 

Archived