Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

🇺🇦🇬🇧 Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool, United Kingdom 🇬🇧🇺🇦

bionic

Featured Posts

Juanlittlem
4 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

200.gif

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Like 1

Sad for Ukraine, but I am sure us here in the U.K. will make it one to remember for them, until they can host.

I need to start making plans.

• Love 2

Juanlittlem
2 minutes ago, KORG said:

How do I get tickets for this? We'll be incredibly pompous hosts and I liiivveee

It's gonna be Ukraine themed even if its hosted in UK so :ohwell: Tickets will go on sale next year for sure.

3 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

It's gonna be Ukraine themed even if its hosted in UK so :ohwell: Tickets will go on sale next year for sure.

Ukraine theme it all you like, it's still in the UK!

TheSlash

Not surprised, tbh. But I'm sure the UK can make the best out of it :diane: .

Also, does this mean that also the hosts will be from the UK or is it really just the location the UK provides? This never happened in the years I watched ESC, so I'm confusion :selena:

Ew, David!

Okinawa

Picking the UK as a replacement host is a severe violation and neglect of Ukraine's will and the UK as a former imperial power and island-nation is totally unsuitable to replace Ukraine. I'm totally against the UK being a host. Better alternative options exist.

I think Ukraine should have the right to choose in which other country the ESC should be hosted instead. Only because UK was #2, it doesn't mean it comes after Ukraine because Ukraine is still there and should be able to decide which city it wants. If given the choice, it would most likely opt for nearby Poland that is most easily accessible from Western Ukraine.

Poland or Romania should be the host. Certainly not UK, far away from Ukraine.

The ESC decision is kinda an imperial, foreign decision not respecting Ukraine's will.

Edited by LoliLux
~We are Reel Cool~

Juanlittlem
3 hours ago, LoliLux said:

Picking the UK as a replacement host is a severe violation and neglect of Ukraine's will and the UK as a former imperial power and island-nation is totally unsuitable to replace Ukraine. I'm totally against the UK being a host. Better alternative options exist.

I think Ukraine should have the right to choose in which other country the ESC should be hosted instead. Only because UK was #2, it doesn't mean it comes after Ukraine because Ukraine is still there and should be able to decide which city it wants. If given the choice, it would most likely opt for nearby Poland that is most easily accessible from Western Ukraine.

The ESC decision is kinda an imperial, foreign decision not respecting Ukraine's will.

The thing is Ukraine wants to do it in Ukraine, and that's impossible to do now/in a year. 

• Like 1

Okinawa
11 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

The thing is Ukraine wants to do it in Ukraine, and that's impossible to do now/in a year. 

Yes, it is impossible and therefore an alternative location is needed. However, Ukraine was not consulted and not asked for its opinion what to do in this alternative scenario, when the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) decided to shift it to the UK. That is not ok and not the second-best solution.

The UK is an impersonal and distant country for Ukraine, both countries are on the edges of Europe and one has to cross the entire continent to get from A to B. It isn't good for the climate either, when there will be so many airplanes.

Poland offered its help to Ukraine ( https://escxtra.com/2022/05/18/polands-tvp-offers-help-to-host-eurovision-2023/ ) and considering that according to Wikipedia 3,8 Million Ukrainians are currently living in Poland, hosting the ESC in Cracow or Warsaw would have a more "Ukrainian feeling" than doing it in the UK. Ordinary Ukrainians won't profit from the ESC in London even if it is hosted in their name, at least Western Ukraine could profit from hostinng it in Cracow/Warsaw. 

BY THE WAY - BREAKING NEWS: IT HAS BEEN REPORTED THAT NOW BRUSSELS MIGHT BE THE NEW HOST FOR 2023 AND NOT UK.

https://escxtra.com/2022/06/18/brussels-eurovision-2023/

Edited by LoliLux
~We are Reel Cool~

15 hours ago, LoliLux said:

The imperialism argument is quite weak, in my opinion. 

The choice for the UK comes down to 5 realistic factors:

- It came second and is default the next location, as is the nature of the competition. 

- It has the facilities and cities to host at a short moment's notice. The contest is expensive and a lot of countries won't want to host it because of that reason.

- It's one of the biggest contributors as a Big 5 country and is by default there to make the show accessible to other countries (it did the same for Luxembourg).

- Ukraine has a very positive relationship with the UK. It would likely be among its top choices if it had to pick a country to host. 

- The EBU is responsible for the safety of the contestants and hosting it in a war-torn country is a major, potentially life-threatening risk. Even then, Russia could destroy the arena in an airstrike days before the event starts. Ukraine would have to give up valuable resources to keep the event secure too, especially if the war is ongoing.

Spain would another good choice if the UK doesn't want to participate for some of the same reasons.

And in all fairness, British officials have expressed they want Ukraine's permission to host it before taking it over. It's not like they're stealing the competition in an imperialist fashion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
Sandrology

Hello Everyone,

as new final performers and songs are starting to getting announced each day, I thought it would be great to create this Thread about everything new about ESC to share songs and Opinions. Who is excited for this Years Event?

Check out the songs here:

Ukraine:

Spoiler

Belgium:

Spoiler

Ireland:

Spoiler

Albania:

Spoiler

Spain:

Spoiler

Norway:

Spoiler

Edited by Sandrology
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

• bionic changed the title to 🇺🇦🇬🇧 Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool, United Kingdom 🇬🇧🇺🇦
  • River pinned this topic
  • River unpinned and pinned this topic
  • River unpinned this topic