💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

RESULTS! MEGARATE: Spice Girls - SPICE

Flippy

Featured Posts

Flippy

To bump this, here's a couple of quick facts about the Spice Girls worldwide hit, "Wannabe"

41SgPm+HD6L._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Enjoy!

Let's start out with the Demo Version!

The group’s record label didn’t want Wannabe to be their first single

Record label bosses wanted to release Say You’ll Be There or album track Love Thing, but all five girls stood their ground and insisted it had to be Wannabe. Say You’ll Be There ended up being the follow up – and their second No.1 single.

The video was almost shot in Spain

At the very last minute, the set was changed from a house in Barcelona to the London hotel after the director, Johan Camitz, failed to get permission.

Wannabe went on to top the charts in 37 countries

And it is still the best-selling single in the world by an all-female group and the best selling debut single in the UK of all time.

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flippy
2 minutes ago, River said:

submitted

Ahh! :giveup: Thank you!!! :kara:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

HookerOnAChurch
48 minutes ago, Flippy said:

To bump this, here's a couple of quick facts about the Spice Girls worldwide hit, "Wannabe"

60df1e4d410000134b81a77f.jpg?ops=scalefi

Enjoy!

Record label bosses wanted to release Say You’ll Be There or album track Love Thing, but all five girls stood their ground and insisted it had to be Wannabe. Say You’ll Be There ended up being the follow up – and their second No.1 single.

At the very last minute, the set was changed from a house in Barcelona to the London hotel after the director, Johan Camitz, failed to get permission.

And it is still the best-selling single in the world by an all-female group and the best selling debut single in the UK of all time.

Hey, let me know. Do you have a favorite Spice Girl? Mine is and will always be GINGER

biting geri halliwell GIF by Spice Girls

Just now, Flippy said:

Ahh! :giveup: Thank you!!! :kara:

ezgif-5-e018163e16.thumb.gif.b3486fd31f2

I smelled a fart so I ran to vote:kara:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

51 minutes ago, Flippy said:

60df1e4d410000134b81a77f.jpg?ops=scalefi

Enjoy!

the steps at the beginning is Mel B running to the mic, she was late to the recording so she just ran, laughed and started to sing, they kept it and now it's iconic

the video was shot in one take, it's basically one of the first flash mobs

Posh missed the recording and writing of the song, so never sang it and is pissed off about it

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Flippy
3 minutes ago, HookerOnAChurch said:

Hey, let me know. Do you have a favorite Spice Girl? Mine is and will always be GINGER

biting geri halliwell GIF by Spice Girls

Ever since I was a child, I was in love with Baby! :flutter: As I got older, she was still my favorite but Ginger was a very, very close second

image.jpg

I've never related to a quote more tbh :ladyhaha:

3 minutes ago, River said:

ezgif-5-e018163e16.thumb.gif.b3486fd31f2

I smelled a fart so I ran to vote:kara:

Well, ****... Haha! I knew I'd find you here at some point

agnes.thumb.gif.3b5de7ccc1a9d968b6af5cc2

Flippy
4 minutes ago, River said:

the steps at the beginning is Mel B running to the mic, she was late to the recording so she just ran, laughed and started to sing, they kept it and now it's iconic

the video was shot in one take, it's basically one of the first flash mobs

Posh missed the recording and writing of the song, so never sang it and is pissed off about it

Thank you for this! :flutter: I didn't know about the recording omg :bradley:

1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

Submitted! :vegas:

@beli8 come do this! I know you love the Spice Girls :heart:

Thank you for the tag! I votedddddd!

I'd definitely be interested in any other SG megarate. I know Something Kinda Funny won't win but that song is such a perfect funk/pop track aahhhhh I obsessed with it so much. 

Anyone else play the crap out of their One Hour of Girl Power VHS? Or that Girl Power Unauthorized Biography? Pretty sure I used to watch those on rotation weekly haha. 

My friends and I were big on video taping ourselves doing skits and stuff, so of course we went all out and did our renditions of many of the videos with elaborate wardrobes (or so we thought; looking back we probably looked horrible and barely tried lmao). I wish we had the recordings because they were probably gold lol. I was Scary Spice.

Ooh and lastly (sorry for the long post, so many good memories), I loved the Comic Relief version of Who Do You Think You are (I'm a bit Ab Fab and Jennifer Saunders fan), and how Emma acted on some episodes of the Ab Fab reboot. Ahhh <3 ok Im done lol.

Flippy
5 hours ago, Healed My Heart said:

Voted!!! 

victoria beckham wannabe GIF by Spice Girls

sassy emma bunton GIF by Spice Girls

Yay! Thank you! :runhug:

4 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

Submitted! :vegas:

@beli8 come do this! I know you love the Spice Girls :heart:

Thank you so much Queen! :kara:

Shopping Omg GIF by Spice Girls

3 hours ago, beli8 said:

Thank you for the tag! I votedddddd!

I'd definitely be interested in any other SG megarate. I know Something Kinda Funny won't win but that song is such a perfect funk/pop track aahhhhh I obsessed with it so much. 

Anyone else play the crap out of their One Hour of Girl Power VHS? Or that Girl Power Unauthorized Biography? Pretty sure I used to watch those on rotation weekly haha. 

My friends and I were big on video taping ourselves doing skits and stuff, so of course we went all out and did our renditions of many of the videos with elaborate wardrobes (or so we thought; looking back we probably looked horrible and barely tried lmao). I wish we had the recordings because they were probably gold lol. I was Scary Spice.

Ooh and lastly (sorry for the long post, so many good memories), I loved the Comic Relief version of Who Do You Think You are (I'm a bit Ab Fab and Jennifer Saunders fan), and how Emma acted on some episodes of the Ab Fab reboot. Ahhh <3 ok Im done lol.

Yay! Thank you so much for voting!

say youll be there GIF by Spice Girls

I really love all of the songs, and SKF is for sure up there! 

I grew up in Mexico, so I didn't have any of those tapes, but I would love every time Spice World would come up on tv! Same when I finally came to the US and they played it on HBO! It was always great!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with everyone! They're amazing! :kara: Sounds like everything was a lot of fun!

YES! The comic relief version of WDYTYA is amazing! I discovered that version about 10 years ago... I couldn't believe how many years late I was lmao

2 hours ago, RenegAde said:

Please tag me if you do forever( their best album)

Absolutely! Would you also be interested in Spice World? :flutter:

say youll be there GIF by Spice Girls

HookerOnAChurch

Voted! Can't wait for the results. 

Please do the same for Spice World and Forever :vegas:

sassy mel b GIF by Spice Girls

5 hours ago, Flippy said:

I grew up in Mexico, so I didn't have any of those tapes, but I would love every time Spice World would come up on tv! Same when I finally came to the US and they played it on HBO! It was always great!

Ahhhh yes! The Spice World movie is so iconic. I need to watch it again because it has been way too long and I know as an adult I will probably find certain things that are way funnier versus when I was a kid lol. I still have my ticket stubs from when I went to see it and I will cherish them forever lol:

20230207-103850.jpg

In Mexico I'm sure you guys had a lot of third party type merch though, right? I'm from Argentina and although I was already living in the states, when we would go back to visit my family I would buy the most random merch that they would sell there, of course all non-authorized stuff probably haha but I didn't care.

• Flippy changed the title to RESULTS! MEGARATE: Spice Girls - SPICE

Archived