đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

RESULTS! MEGARATE: Spice Girls - SPICE

Flippy

Featured Posts

Franch Toast
1 hour ago, beli8 said:

Ahhhh yes! The Spice World movie is so iconic. I need to watch it again because it has been way too long and I know as an adult I will probably find certain things that are way funnier versus when I was a kid lol. I still have my ticket stubs from when I went to see it and I will cherish them forever lol:

20230207-103850.jpg

In Mexico I'm sure you guys had a lot of third party type merch though, right? I'm from Argentina and although I was already living in the states, when we would go back to visit my family I would buy the most random merch that they would sell there, of course all non-authorized stuff probably haha but I didn't care.

Share this non-authorized merch please. :huntyga: I love pirated merch. Suddenly I'm recalling living in China during the Titanic craze and how I saw the zaniest unofficial merch: a woman wearing a dress covered in a pattern of Jack, Rose, and sinking ships; Titanic stationary on which students would write me the cutest letters (and one time a complaint about me being too strict of a teacher because I asked them to come to my apartment to watch an episode of Friends:ladyhaha:); Titanic PUKE playing cards...... 

Also, you just unlocked a core memory of me watching Spice World in college in the living room of my apartment with a bunch of my friends one night. It was so much fun. I don't think I've watched that movie in like 20 years...

She/Her/Hers

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Share this non-authorized merch please. :huntyga: I love pirated merch. Suddenly I'm recalling living in China during the Titanic craze and how I saw the zaniest unofficial merch: a woman wearing a dress covered in a pattern of Jack, Rose, and sinking ships; Titanic stationary on which students would write me the cutest letters (and one time a complaint about me being too strict of a teacher because I asked them to come to my apartment to watch an episode of Friends:ladyhaha:); Titanic PUKE playing cards...... 

Also, you just unlocked a core memory of me watching Spice World in college in the living room of my apartment with a bunch of my friends one night. It was so much fun. I don't think I've watched that movie in like 20 years...

Sadly, I got rid of most of it. But I know I had some deodorant they sold in Argentina lol. I probably do have some magazine clippings from there though so if I find them I will share some goodies haha.

Lol @ the Titanic merch!! I wish we could see a picture of that fabulous dress.

Flippy
On 2/7/2023 at 2:13 AM, HookerOnAChurch said:

Voted! Can't wait for the results. 

Please do the same for Spice World and Forever :vegas:

sassy mel b GIF by Spice Girls

The results are looking promising! 
I might end up pushing the results up if I get to a certain amount of votes (or if I get tired of waiting, hi :billie:)

But so far, it looks like we will for sure be doing one for Spice World and Forever! :party:

On 2/7/2023 at 7:47 AM, beli8 said:

Ahhhh yes! The Spice World movie is so iconic. I need to watch it again because it has been way too long and I know as an adult I will probably find certain things that are way funnier versus when I was a kid lol. I still have my ticket stubs from when I went to see it and I will cherish them forever lol:

20230207-103850.jpg

In Mexico I'm sure you guys had a lot of third party type merch though, right? I'm from Argentina and although I was already living in the states, when we would go back to visit my family I would buy the most random merch that they would sell there, of course all non-authorized stuff probably haha but I didn't care.

Ahhhh! That is so awesome! :flutter: You got to see it in theaters! 

Maybe I can host a movie night and I'll stream the movie if enough people are interested! :party:

I think Mexico for sure did! I'm not 100% sure what though, since I was a kid at the time, but my brother would know for sure! I could ask! :oprah: Now I'm curious

On 2/7/2023 at 9:16 AM, beli8 said:

Sadly, I got rid of most of it. But I know I had some deodorant they sold in Argentina lol. I probably do have some magazine clippings from there though so if I find them I will share some goodies haha.

Lol @ the Titanic merch!! I wish we could see a picture of that fabulous dress.

Spice Girls deodorant omg! :giveup: That sounds amazing! 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Flippy

Since I did this for Wannabe, and we're on page 3... here's a couple of quick facts about "Say You'll Be There"

1200x1200bf-60.jpg

Enjoy!

Let's start out with the Alternate US Version of the Music Video!

The song entered the US charts at #5, which is the highest entry by a European artist.

In February of 1997, the song won a Brit Award for Best Video. In addition, the Spice Girls' previous hit, "Wannabe," won for Best Song.

Judd Lander played the harmonica on this track. An English session man known for his blues style, he also supplied harmonica on Culture Club's hit "Karma Chameleon."

The music video was filmed in the Mojave Desert in the summer of 1996.

The song is the only hit where Mel C, doesn't sing a verse.

Also, here's this 1997 performance at the VMA's! 

@River, anything you'd like to add is very appreciated! :hug:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

6 hours ago, Flippy said:

Maybe I can host a movie night and I'll stream the movie if enough people are interested! :party:

I would definitely be down for this. It would be so much fun! 

6 hours ago, Flippy said:

Spice Girls deodorant omg! :giveup: That sounds amazing! 

I found the commercial for it. I suppose this was a legit partnership? But I think I wasnt able to find it in the US so I had to buy it when I went to Argentina.

Blown Away

I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the album. The girls always seemed like single artists to me so I expected the non-singles to be straight up crap, but they actually have some gems in there.

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Flippy
On 2/9/2023 at 7:01 AM, beli8 said:

I would definitely be down for this. It would be so much fun! 

I found the commercial for it. I suppose this was a legit partnership? But I think I wasnt able to find it in the US so I had to buy it when I went to Argentina.

Perfect! I might just do it! :) I’ll keep everyone posted! 
Also, omg! I had never seen that commercial nor did I know that SG Deodorant was a thing! :shocked:

Thank you so much for sharing the commercial!

On 2/12/2023 at 12:09 PM, Blown Away said:

I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the album. The girls always seemed like single artists to me so I expected the non-singles to be straight up crap, but they actually have some gems in there.

Yay! So glad you liked the quality of the album! Hopefully you’ll join us in the next megarate for Spice World! :hug:

Blown Away
5 hours ago, Flippy said:

Yay! So glad you liked the quality of the album! Hopefully you’ll join us in the next megarate for Spice World! :hug:

Definitely! :happy:

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Flippy
On 2/14/2023 at 3:38 PM, LovingIsACherryPie said:

I'm interested! :flutter:

Hi hi LIACP :kara: Did you vote already? Just making sure, in case you wanted to! I think I will end voting this Sunday around 8:00PM PST! :party:

LovingIsACherryPie
8 hours ago, Flippy said:

Hi hi LIACP :kara: Did you vote already? Just making sure, in case you wanted to! I think I will end voting this Sunday around 8:00PM PST! :party:

Alright, I'll vote real soon! :hug:

Cello

Omg I keep forgetting :messga: I will try to vote tonight / tomorrow 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

SlaeUrAnus

Also, the live version of IUCD at Instanbul is perfection.

Their harmonies are stellar.

In my messy era.

Flippy
1 hour ago, LovingIsACherryPie said:

Alright, I'll vote real soon! :hug:

Yay! :kara: Thank you!

1 hour ago, Cello said:

Omg I keep forgetting :messga: I will try to vote tonight / tomorrow 

No worries! We still have time! :party:

1 hour ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

Also, the live version of IUCD at Instanbul is perfection.

Their harmonies are stellar.

Ahhh! Yes! Honestly, I feel like the live version of IUCD made me love the song even more! :excited:

LovingIsACherryPie

Voted! It was very hard to give the 12. This album is amazing! I can say I really didn't expect it to be so good :sara::heart:

• Flippy changed the title to RESULTS! MEGARATE: Spice Girls - SPICE

Archived