Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Sam's ‘Gloria’ - 37k, Ava's 'Diamonds And Dancefloors' - 15k

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Madame Goo Goo

Y’all honestly could not have actually thought Ava was selling higher than this like come on…

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr Fudge

Ok I’m just gonna say it: do straight people even know who Ava Max is or is the gay community the only ones backing her?

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

edengowon
50 minutes ago, Dr Fudge said:

Ok I’m just gonna say it: do straight people even know who Ava Max is or is the gay community the only ones backing her?

in europe it's pretty much everyone. but judging by numbers it seems to be just the gays in america.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Chromatography
57 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

Y’all honestly could not have actually thought Ava was selling higher than this like come on…

i hear her actually quite often on the radio in the US. i’m a little surprised she didn’t crack top 20

TheFame Monster
9 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i hear her actually quite often on the radio in the US. i’m a little surprised she didn’t crack top 20

I was hearing Million Dollar Baby pretty often a few weeks ago, but it’s out of the Top 30 on Pop and has been losing spins since the week before the album dropped. It didn’t help that Atlantic released the song to radio one month after its digital release. 

During Heaven & Hell, Kings & Queens was growing and peaked months after the albums release. 

I feel like this era is already dead with two singles that did nothing. The album was delayed because it had no hit and in those few extra months Atlantic did nothing to try to secure one

thatfoxyfeeling

#28??? That isn’t just a flop, it’s career ending. Her label aren’t gonna want to invest in another album. 

Teletubby
17 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

#28??? That isn’t just a flop, it’s career ending. Her label aren’t gonna want to invest in another album. 

this isn't bad for Ava. Heaven & Hell debuted at #27. Ava's pure sales are more than half of Sam's and Sam had #1 song on The Hot 100. her label doesn't invest in her enough to expect a better position. They didn't even get her good positions on playlists during release week.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

MelbHawker

Ava deserves better numbers for D&D.. it’s genuinely a really good, fun pop album. I think her label hasn’t really pushed the record.. the singles have been messy too. There wasn’t any momentum prior to its release. I can’t stop listening to it :legend:

HookerOnAChurch

The point is this in my opinion: D&D is undoubtedly a good record, among the best in the synth pop field but it lacks charisma, as well as Ava herself. This album is great, you can dance to it, have fun but it has no soul. 

The fact that it is dance music does not justify that it should lack artistic depth. Let's take Future Nostalgia for example, it was dance music, but at the same time it was an album with attributes and it conquered the world.

Ava Max is very talented but often, and it's very sad, talent is not enough. Having an album full of bop doesn't necessarily mean you hit the mark.

nightadieu

LOLing at everyone saying Gloria was a flop and praising the hell out of the blandness that’s D&D :billie:

Archived