question

Why didnt TCB cause ticketmaster mess?

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, LilyLark said:

At the end of the day, some acts are just more popular on tour than others even if sales/streaming are on par (or even weaker). A good example is Beyonce in relation to Billie and Harry. The amount of time between the album and the tour is also a thing. It's pointless to compare these sort of things in the long run. And the media coverage is also a factor.

This. Whitney Houston was more popular than Celine or Cher but Celine and Cher's shows sold more than her. Some artists are more popular at touring aspect, just like how P!nks shows are. 

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs đŸ„š

i hope gaga is never in as much demand as beyonce or taylor! the flex of your fave being super popular isn't worth the inability to easily secure tickets!!

mother, what must i do?

whoresup

It’s Beyoncé’s first tour in 7 years. Don’t forget Gaga did the Vegas shows only 2 years before so she’s kind of been out there a lot. 

I love Gaga because of chromatica ball, but I actually didn't know that Lady Gaga had a concert until I bought tickets for Coldplay. And I didn't know much about Gaga before, but based on my impressions of her, I thought her concerts would be amazing. So I bought them both. By the way, I had seen many pop star concerts before that, but I never had the problem of not being able to buy tickets. 

About the Taylor and Beyonce concert, if I can get tickets I will be happy. But if I can't get tickets, I'll just choose to see someone else.

monstertoronto

Also, remember her entire stadium tour did sell out. It was still a massive success. 

Live4DaApplause

I feel like we avoided a lot of the mess to be honest. A lot of ticket sales happened pre-shutdown, and she was the first back to touring. Scalpers probably didn’t jump as aggressively due to the pandemic and the fear of possibly having trouble re-selling. Once demand really returned, scalpers lost their damn minds and Ticketmaster saw an opportunity to collect coin. I’m more worried about the next tour if **** doesn’t settle down. 

you can't really compare her to today's tours.

CBT was announced mid-covid, as a 6 dates tour, which were sold out immediately, but these dates were postponed twice, to 2021 and then to 2022, in the meantime, refunds were possible, people lost interest in the album, 2 years is a lot, even with promo, the music is aging in the meantime and new music is popping out in the streaming platforms.

Then she announced more dates, it was something like 14 more shows, 2 years after and still managed to SELL OUT every single date.

Honestly, she was damned lucky not to fall under the scalpers attack, it was still a risk to buy tickets at the time so most of the sales were genuine and not by scalpers.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived