💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Variety: Rihanna to drop R9 exclusively on Apple Music

Teletubby

Featured Posts

tylerjs

Good for her on getting that Apple payout. Artists don't seem to care about traditional drop patterns in terms of maxing initial impact like they used to and it makes sense. If the album is really going to do well, it's not on drop day--it'll be after songs go viral on TikTok and by then it'll be available in more places anyway.

That said, as much as I love the clean aesthetic of AM, Spotify is objectively a better app. AM constantly skips, glitches, has a clumsy UX (can't just revisit Liked songs like in Spotify), Spotify has a thousand times more curated playlists and they're a thousand times better than any that Apple Music makes, Spotify has impeccable library management, etc.

I'm a diehard Apple fan and have tried so many times to like AM but it just doesn't function well enough to beat Spotify. 

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Levine

Will all the AM users find her album spammed everywhere forced to listen to it? Didn't she do the same with a Samsung deal or something?

7 hours ago, Teletubby said:

R9 will be Super Bowl Halftime Show (Live Album):ororomunroe:

when is the superbowl y'all?

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, Dojo said:

when is the superbowl y'all?

next Sunday (Feb. 12)

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

hijadeputa

Omgggggggggggg I Think she is gonna debut the lead single at the super ball, eat my pussss😭😭😭

LadyEnigma

Girl why, I still won’t buy AM no one can make me (except for maybe Lana and Gaga but we won’t talk ab that)

Anderson123

As it should. I always thought the whole idea of doing the Superbowl was to drop the damn album that has been in the works for years. Then when she said doing the show didn't mean new music was a little suspicious. With Apple as sponsor it'd have been a huge mistake.

jimmytimestep

I'll believe it when it happens

edit: And if it DOES happen, which i REALLY doubt, I don't think keeping it as an AM exclusive for a short time is gonna hurt Ms. Fenty in any way.

Chuckles

Probably just a 24h exclusive, no way they are risking a #1 debut in its first week. But as streaming works, it can also get a higher peak at #1 the second week after Apple releases its embargo 

JohnnyVersace

You can get free 3-6 month trials for Apple Music literally everywhere lol. Y'all love to complain I stg :littlepotter:

Magic Mike
7 hours ago, soularpower said:

it just doesn't function well enough to beat Spotify. 

But has better sound quality. You can mute the voice in songs. You have spatial audio. And u can stream music you’ve downloaded from other sites / offline files you might have in your computer, like Gaga demos in your music library alongside with the official releases. AM is superior because of that. With the rest you’ve said I’m with u completely 

Plastic Flower
1 hour ago, Magic Mike said:

But has better sound quality. You can mute the voice in songs. You have spatial audio. And u can stream music you’ve downloaded from other sites / offline files you might have in your computer, like Gaga demos in your music library alongside with the official releases. AM is superior because of that. With the rest you’ve said I’m with u completely 

I used to have AM but had to cancel due to the app being complete garbage for Android users :cyanlights: I'm sorry for being poor. 

Tidal is probably the better option for me. I dislike Spotify and apps like Deezer and Prime Music are incredibly annoying to use. 

Drop it

Economy
14 hours ago, Helxig said:

Boooo exclusive releases in 2023 boooooo 

Most of us will be either signing up for a trial and deleting, or getting it from non-traceable sources then I guess... :billie:

Tbh. Why do they even bother?

Archived