• Created
  • Last Reply
TheSine
2 hours ago, weed said:

Grammys don't do your job challenge

(Possible) (Never went wrong)

🖤TheSine🖤

2 hours ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

I would definitely say give Bey her AOTY grammy for this album had she not been so heavily "supported" by the academy over all these years... it's good for her but it seems like receiving Grammys has become some sort of sports that determines your legacy or something when you reach an almost ridiculous amount of trophies ... you either do it for the trophy or do it for the music and it's such a pity artists like Bey have played a major part in that silly sport where trophies are put above the music on the cost of every artists that doesn't do it for the Grammy and probably less likely will ever receive a nom when there are always only the big names up there sharing their greed

All I’ll say is it’s different when you’re a Black woman leading that charge. You’re looked to to excel for more than just yourself bc it’s hard af for Black people to get their recognition by these bodies (that 25 won over Lemonade is kinda testament to that tbh). Beyoncé kinda wears the pressure of being THE woman to win it all for Black people’s cultural legacy kinda like how Michelle Obama had and Oprah, too. so it’s a bit diff for non-Black people to get bc for white artists, you’re not really doing it for your culture or community. It’s for you. For someone like Beyoncé it’s for her and by proxy for Black people to get recognition for their excellence. So it is about the trophy, to a degree, but it’s because she’s in a position where a win for her is bigger than just a win for her, you know?

I mean if we’re being honest, AOTY always comes down to most culturally impactful album of the year lmao to that end, it’s Renaissance hands-down and we all know this. Not even TSwift had as much of a splash for the release itself (despite being a huge one herself). I’d say SZA is probably the only other album that would popularly fall under consideration imo (again, going off of the criteria I put above that we all know it is lol), but I think SOS was dropped right after the submission period?

56 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I mean if we’re being honest, AOTY always comes down to most culturally impactful album of the year lmao to that end, it’s Renaissance hands-down and we all know this. Not even TSwift had as much of a splash for the release itself (despite being a huge one herself). I’d say SZA is probably the only other album that would popularly fall under consideration imo (again, going off of the criteria I put above that we all know it is lol), but I think SOS was dropped right after the submission period?

According to this logic TFM should’ve won instead of that Arcade Fire album and ASIB should’ve at least gotten a nomination but did it?

Idk if, “fishing,” is the right term…all they did was post a screenshot of the LA Times article…758150-B2-B832-4-FDD-8-AF5-CB0428106008.

Spoiler

Renaissance for AOTY tho :vegas:

Future Lovers

Renaissane, Mr. Morale, and Un Verano are the only ones deserving of the win from the nominees and of those three Renaissance is the stand out. 

Saying that it shouldn't win because of the sampling is a silly, silly argument. If you were aware of just how many songs include samples, sometimes from more than one song, you'd lose your mind. It is the industry standard, and the only thing different about Renaissance is it's wearing it's sampling on it's sleeve. 

To criticize the sampling is also to completely ignore the concept of the album. Sampling is ball culture. Ball music is sampled to high heavens and always has been. 

Record of the year at best, the album is just samples and leaning on already successful melodies

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived