music news

Beyonce´s publicist fishing for grammies

Dojo

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Space Cowboy said:

In my opinion they gave her too many Grammys too soon, now it's a bit silly.

imo RENAISSANCE do deserve AOTY :messga:

Space Cowboy
1 minute ago, Dojo said:

imo RENAISSANCE do deserve AOTY :messga:

They say that about all her albums and isn't her dad in the committee?? or was at one point. It's her wins that seem fishy to me.

LilyLark

Probably going to get dragged for this, but she while she deserved AOTY for Lemonade and Self Titled....I really don't think Renaissance is it. I understand sampling is a valid art form, but Renaissance samples so much that every single song brings to mind a previous track if one is aware of old school disco, etc.

That said, she's absolutely going to win AOTY as she should have won twice in the past (and a lot of people legitimately love Renaissance) and she committed to performing.

Just now, GAGASEXUAL said:

It doesn't deserve it.

why is it sad that i think it deserves it bestie?

GAGASEXUAL
2 minutes ago, Dojo said:

why is it sad that i think it deserves it bestie?

Because we don't have "excuse me no" reaction anymore :bear: It's not sad, I respect your opinion 

LilyLark
6 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

They say that about all her albums and isn't her dad in the committee?? or was at one point. It's her wins that seem fishy to me.

Lemonade, Self Titled, and Renaissance all were very well reviewed and sold well. Any album from a fairly big star that gets good reviews + has good sales numbers is bound to be nominated and/or win Grammys. You see that with Gaga, Taylor, etc. Katy is the only one who is snubbed.....

IDK if her Dad was on the committee, but the Grammys have always been fishy asf so she's not doing anything differently. Brandi Carlson is extremely talented, but has connections to multiple people on the AOTY committee (there was some media coverage of it). H.E.R is another example. And for all the shadiness of the Grammys, Black women are almost never nominated nor win in AOTY so I'd be happy for a Bey win (even if I think the win should have been for Lemonade or Self Titled).

Rahrahbitchson

I dont think she deserves AOTY just because she hasnt won it, it will not be fair, i havent heard her album besides cuff it, BMS, alien superstar and summer renaissance, so i dont really know if she deserve that over 30 or some other album, but i honestly feel that people are pushing a narrative that she HAVE to won AOTY just because she hasnt won it before and not really because the album is worthy of it 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

chromaticainmyhead

I would definitely say give Bey her AOTY grammy for this album had she not been so heavily "supported" by the academy over all these years... it's good for her but it seems like receiving Grammys has become some sort of sports that determines your legacy or something when you reach an almost ridiculous amount of trophies ... you either do it for the trophy or do it for the music and it's such a pity artists like Bey have played a major part in that silly sport where trophies are put above the music on the cost of every artists that doesn't do it for the Grammy and probably less likely will ever receive a nom when there are always only the big names up there sharing their greed

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Archived