Beyonce´s publicist fishing for grammies

Dojo

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProfessionalClown
8 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I mean if we’re being honest, AOTY always comes down to most culturally impactful album of the year lmao to that end, it’s Renaissance hands-down and we all know this. Not even TSwift had as much of a splash for the release itself (despite being a huge one herself). I’d say SZA is probably the only other album that would popularly fall under consideration imo (again, going off of the criteria I put above that we all know it is lol), but I think SOS was dropped right after the submission period?

Renaissance was def not the most culturally influential album of the year, by far.

4 hours ago, Mr Mendes said:

Renaissane, Mr. Morale, and Un Verano are the only ones deserving of the win from the nominees and of those three Renaissance is the stand out. 

Saying that it shouldn't win because of the sampling is a silly, silly argument. If you were aware of just how many songs include samples, sometimes from more than one song, you'd lose your mind. It is the industry standard, and the only thing different about Renaissance is it's wearing it's sampling on it's sleeve. 

To criticize the sampling is also to completely ignore the concept of the album. Sampling is ball culture. Ball music is sampled to high heavens and always has been. 

and to say it’s a lesser album bc it compiled a lot of samples is silly also bc it isn’t like it’s easy to put together beats that way. Like she put right said Fred in with a speech about the founding of the national black theater? To effectively sample like Renaissance does is an art. I consider it a moot point if it comes from sampling given how much has to go into that

10 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Renaissance was def not the most culturally influential album of the year, by far.

Ok then which was on that list? Which one had the hugest boom splash and made everyone stop? I’m not saying you had to like it but not many albums got the kind of attention that Renaissance did? *maybe bad bunny

RAMROD

Yoncé will win, and she should. She is only gone up and up. Probably her peak of her artistry is now. It's her time to get her flowers.

Especially after Grammys snubbed her big time 2 times before. They should know now is her time and also they are like don't want no bad press.

Letting Yoncé win on the start of Black History Month sounds right too by the way. Nobody else would want to win categories Yoncé is in, making an upset, and get the evils from Black community for eternity.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Chromatography
12 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Ok then which was on that list? Which one had the hugest boom splash and made everyone stop? I’m not saying you had to like it but not many albums got the kind of attention that Renaissance did? *maybe bad bunny

absolutely it’s bad bunny over beyonce in this case and i hate myself for saying this, but harry as well. i don’t like him, but he’s everywhere. all 3 singles in the US were everywhere. beyonce had bms for a month or 2 and cuff it blew up on tik tok for a bit but otherwise nothing…it’s not like she dropped all of these visuals and performances. maybe i’m wrong but from my perspective harry and bad bunny for sure got more attention with their albums 

10 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

If You Say So Shrug GIF

10 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Should I copy and paste my thoughts I shared on ATRL :billie:

Or will I immediately regret the wrath of the hive :alsemanche:

That’s why I summoned you…

Girl you made me wheeze :lmao:

Hottie Detector

littlepotter

She deserves it by far especially out of the nominees. Some girls haven't released anything half as good as Renaissance in the past decade. 

chaeri pls

6 hours ago, Chromatography said:

absolutely it’s bad bunny over beyonce in this case and i hate myself for saying this, but harry as well. i don’t like him, but he’s everywhere. all 3 singles in the US were everywhere. beyonce had bms for a month or 2 and cuff it blew up on tik tok for a bit but otherwise nothing…it’s not like she dropped all of these visuals and performances. maybe i’m wrong but from my perspective harry and bad bunny for sure got more attention with their albums 

See I think it’s more that Harry just kinda actually blew up finally lol so now he is vaulted whereas Beyoncé didn’t have anywhere to go bc she’s already at the top of the game. But if we look at the albums themselves that caused more buzz I’d think Renaissance did, personally. Harry had some solid singles that got picked up and a good tour and the album did solid but I think it was more like he just grew more in popularity whereas Beyoncé and Renaissance had a bit of an undisputed hype and explosion. I mean, the streaming numbers alone are testament to that. Bad bunny I think is the only comparable one imo

lasagna

i never pay much attention to award shows cuz theyre rigged and stupid but if any album deserves aoty its renaissance its unbelievably good

human turd

Rahrahbitchson

Not people saying Un Verano Sin Ti deserves to win :neyde:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Archived