💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Drake wants artists to get bonuses when they reach Spotify milestones

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Drake reportedly became the first artist in Spotify history to surpass 75 billion collective streams, and used the moment to call out Spotify.

We should get bonuses like athletes to motivate the future artists to be consistent and competitive,” he wrote in an Instagram Story resharing a graphic that looks to be from Spotify, but which the streamer does not appear to have shared on its official accounts. “So feel free to send me a LeBron sized cheque. I have enough dinner plates.

To drive his point home even further, the rapper punctuated the thought with a laughing emoji and heart with an arrow running through it, and made sure to tag Spotify’s Instagram handle, too.
Fn9wy__aQAESODY?format=jpg&name=large

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

thierryrreiht

I try to sell myself but I am really laughing

because I just like the music, not the bling

music not the bling…

FATCAT
Just now, Aussie said:

Poor Drake, desperate to become a billionaire (or is he already?)

Nope, about $250 Million

Purr more, hiss less.

RahrahWitch

Wow how greedy can you be? Artists who brake records are already multi-millionaires, they don't need monetary incentives.

bionic

Spotify rig it for him so it would be totally meaningless and basically just a way for artists to money launder

buy bionic

Agunimon

Completely out of touch with the working class right now. Massive layoffs in a number of industries, tons of companies not doing pay raises to even accommodate the cost of living, recession seemingly approaching, and he's out here asking for bonus checks from platforms. Take it up with your label and not your Instagram following.

Luv u Sum

i think that's very fair

maybe not for the reason he's sayyingggg but spotify does not pay artists enough and if someone like drake is bringing so much money to spotify then they should be compensated as such 

the plastix doll

It's perfectly fair for artists to get bonuses especially considering how much the label actually takes from the artist

Squidward T
6 hours ago, Luv u Sum said:

i think that's very fair

maybe not for the reason he's sayyingggg but spotify does not pay artists enough and if someone like drake is bringing so much money to spotify then they should be compensated as such 

They get paid enough, a billion streams equals 5 million dollars in royalties. 100m streams equals close to 900k,  I don’t feel sorry. The only people suffering are artists who don’t get the advertisement on Spotify that mainstream artists get. 

Squidward T
5 hours ago, the plastix doll said:

It's perfectly fair for artists to get bonuses especially considering how much the label actually takes from the artist

Without the label backing them,  they wouldn’t be making anything. You know how much it takes to promote an artist. The advertising costs alone are substantial 

tomsches

I want to get a bonus each time I’ve corrected 100 homework assignments in a row. 

TortureMeOnReplay

Does he send bonuses to the artists he sampled? Or his producers? I think he owes them big checks. 

I don't understand why this man is relevant. His music all sounds the same, he has nothing to say, it's not even catchy. He's putting out albums with 20+ tracks in order to have high sales figures and inflate his fame. He seems like a douche and has been in some weird controversies. Including being "friends" with a minor. 

Archived