Tinnitus15
1 minute ago, franminervini said:

Excited for the outfits :ororomunroe:

And the choreos, visuals, vocals ahhh

• YAAAS 1

Ziggy
4 hours ago, franminervini said:

The leaked pics from the book look sooooo much like Chromatica 😂

Ehhhh not really imo. She’s wearing futuristic stuff but that’s kinda it. Tbh chromatica was all over the place visually but where it is most similar to this is the alien stuff and I think that’s honestly only a small portion of the visuals. But we’re fixating on it bc we’re queer and love a good futuristic visual especially with hajime sorayama as the reference point Lmao also bc Beyoncé hasn’t really done that so it’s p different

seems to me that both are inspired by club kid fashions more than anything which makes sense given the respective album genres they’re playing in

Edited by Ziggy
  • Thanks 1

Roughhouse Dandy

This is so bad for my health. How am I supposed to wait for August?? 😭 visuals about to break my soul 

Good Morning Help GIF by Satisfied Customer

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • YAAAS 1

Ziggy
3 hours ago, Fanta said:

This is why every time I try to root for Beyonce I end up with a stank look on my face. No matter how talented she is, one thing no one will ever be able to say about her is that she is original.

That booklet has Chromatica written all over it and I don't even care for Chromatica like that. I don't think it would be so annoying if her stans didn't act like she's the originator of all things creative.

I mean if we’re *really* gonna go there Gaga’s chromatica stuff just ripped a bunch of anime aesthetics and insta artist vibes, basically. Like it itself wasn’t that original just done well. At this level of pop, no one’s original. Even the r fashions of chromatica were pulling hard references left and right not unlike these ones.

I think we gotta accept that it isn’t about originality in this game, and more about synthesis of the reference points. Both do that well imo

Edited by Ziggy

COOOK
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

I mean if we’re *really* gonna go there Gaga’s chromatica stuff just ripped a bunch of anime aesthetics and insta artist vibes, basically. Like it itself wasn’t that original just done well. At this level of pop, no one’s original. Even the r fashions of chromatica were pulling hard references left and right not unlike these ones.

I think we gotta accept that it isn’t about originality in this game, and more about synthesis of the reference points. Both do that well imo

I think this is what they're referring to:

Spoiler

large.1314815379_Chromatica(DeluxeTrifoldVinyl)RSDExclusive42.jpg.d442729f92e518747f24c4c55c369e17.jpg gargar.png

The similarities are there

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

NATAH
11 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Ehhhh not really imo. She’s wearing futuristic stuff but that’s kinda it. Tbh chromatica was all over the place visually but where it is most similar to this is the alien stuff and I think that’s honestly only a small portion of the visuals. But we’re fixating on it bc we’re queer and love a good futuristic visual especially with hajime sorayama as the reference point Lmao also bc Beyoncé hasn’t really done that so it’s p different

seems to me that both are inspired by club kid fashions more than anything which makes sense given the respective album genres they’re playing in

all over the place visually? chromatica's visuals were super consistent with the futuristic grunge :messga:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 4

Ziggy
1 minute ago, COOOK said:

I think this is what they're referring to:

Hide contents

large.1314815379_Chromatica(DeluxeTrifoldVinyl)RSDExclusive42.jpg.d442729f92e518747f24c4c55c369e17.jpg gargar.png

The similarities are there

Totally but I think tbh it’s both referencing the nyc 80s club kid referencing the 40s nyc poster vibe. Like it was original for neither of them hahahaha idk they’re similar but I hesitate to call it copying when Gaga’s was kinda a cut and paste aesthetic job also. They both look great! But very clearly doing the “retro poster promoting a queer club gig” vibe which matches their albums but are doing it to such an overt degree without their own spin that idk if we could really say Beyoncé is copying gaga. 

• Thanks 2

Ziggy
2 minutes ago, NATAH said:

all over the place visually? chromatica's visuals were super consistent with the futuristic grunge :messga:

Idk I see your point but I felt like Gaga oscillated a lot between alien experiment, club kid, whatever 911 was (no shade lmao), the tour looks, etc. like she went between high and low fashion a lot imo which is more what I mean

Cello

Damn I wish I was going to this. There were some reasonable tickets available for Cardiff a few weeks ago but I still couldn't justify the cost rn :traumatica: Hope everyone going has an incredible time :staymad:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Juniper
38 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Idk I see your point but I felt like Gaga oscillated a lot between alien experiment, club kid, whatever 911 was (no shade lmao), the tour looks, etc. like she went between high and low fashion a lot imo which is more what I mean

The era was so drawn out her mood probably shifted a lot.

911 was the best representation of the album imo but it’s probably because I love it so much. 

• Love 1

androiduser
2 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

Reveal hidden contents

If this is true, I hope it can compete with what Madonna did for her confessions tour !

I think the structure at the roof is the regular screen that is there all the time for sports matches

• Thanks 1