Do you agree?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

• Yes.
    • No.

Featured Posts

samsmiithhhauqyw71.jpg

as a cult site dominated by (mostly) LGTBQ+  icons

Do you agree that the root cause of not liking Sam's latest artistic rebranding is self-hatred and internalized homophobia?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poltergeist

I mean, just if you don't enjoy something it's not hate and any-phobia.

But if people can't express it politely, then there's definetely something wrong with them!

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

MessyTop
6 minutes ago, Dojo said:

samsmiithhhauqyw71.jpg

as a cult site dominated by (mostly) LGTBQ+  icons

Do you agree that the root cause of not liking Sam's latest artistic rebranding is self-hating and internalized homophobia?

Honest question: who’s not liking it? 5 people in Twitter? Lol 

the video is great, Sam looks great. Love the vibe, sadly the song is not that good. 

1 minute ago, MessyTop said:

Honest question: who’s not liking it? 5 people in Twitter? Lol 

i can see that you are not here to make friends huh :partysick:

MessyTop
2 minutes ago, Dojo said:

i can see that you are not here to make friends huh :partysick:

Uh? I liked the video. I’ve seen nothing but support for Sam. That’s why I’m so confused. 

2 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Uh? I liked the video. I’ve seen nothing but support for Sam. That’s why I’m so confused. 

i was just quoting the song lol 

nightadieu
2 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Time to get out of your bubble, social media is flooded with hatred towards Sam

SharGaga

I'm not a fan of Sam's new style/fashion but honestly I don't really care what they're doing at all. People should let them be. 

MessyTop
3 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

Time to get out of your bubble, social media is flooded with hatred towards Sam

Lol flooded. Sure Jan sure. 

nightadieu
Just now, MessyTop said:

Are you so delusional that you’re questioning hard facts? :triggered:

bionic

Yep. To be fat, gay (queer?), camp, sexual, and unapologetic about it is a black mark to most people. I support Sam

buy bionic

JohnDeWayne

I totally agree. I am a queer man and yet there is something deep inside me that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable when I watch this video. And then I remember that it’s my evangelical upbringing and internalized homophobia that make me feel this way. There’s literally nothing wrong with them expressing themselves that way and if they are happy, I love that for them! It’s crazy how the way you were socialized as a child can stick with you deep in your psyche for so long. I know there are so many people who will watch this video and immediately say, “gross” without examining why they had that reaction. 
If it’s not your taste, that fine. But let’s not pretend that the majority of the hate isn’t homophobia. 

StrawberryBlond

As far as I can see, any criticism towards Sam has nothing to do with sexual or gender identity but more to do with the cringey nature of their output lately, coupled with a lack of self-awareness about said cringeiness. Unholy was a very polorising song and everyone seemed to either love it or hate it. Then the fashion choices were very unflattering, especially those ripped booty shorts and nipple pasties. These things won't be liked by everyone, they're very niche choices and there's almost a sense of Sam wanting you to be shocked, which is a vibe that never goes down well, unless it's a punk rock statement made to the right audience. Perhaps it would come over better if Sam did this with self-belief. I'm just not buying that Sam genuinely has the confidence they're been trying to portray. It seems that they're trying too hard to be a queer icon and a pop superstar and that lack of self-belief shines through and the public pick up on it. You also have to remember that this image is a complete 360 from their old image at the start of their career, which will always be jarring. Let's not pretend that everyone was welcoming of Madonna, Xtina and Miley when they went through major image changes either. You'll also notice that when they toned down their overly sexual images into something a bit more palatable, the public was a lot more receptive. Sam just needs to be more genuine and try not to engineer acceptance. Not everyone will like you but that's ok. Good things tend to come to us when we just chill out and let it all work out naturally.

28 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

i've seen so many viral tweets calling sam a fat ass and justifying it by bringing up their past actions

mother, what must i do?

Cameltoe Chariot

But are we allowed to not like it because we think the visuals are weak and an attempt to shock people to generate press? Are we not allowed to think the costumes they're wearing are ugly and awkward?

I have zero issues with Sam's weight or queerness. I'm not concerned with whether the outfits "fit" them, or whether they're too "flamboyant". I just think the clothes are ugly and poorly styled, and the sexual displays feel awkward like a teenager saying "penis" and then giggling :awkney:

It feels like people throw around words like fatphobic or nb-phobic to try and silence people who aren't into them. I feel like that's just as bad as actual phobic behaviour because it cheapens the real examples of that type of hatred.

...Aaaaand I also think they people are blowing this out of proportion because no one seems to be listening to or watching Sam outside of Unholy :ororomunroe:

• Moderator locked this topic

Archived