đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

AHS: What happened?

COOOK

Featured Posts

Chinosky
57 minutes ago, Flippy said:

For me I’ve enjoyed every season but if I’m being completely honest, I didn’t even finish this last season (had 2 episodes left). 
I wouldn’t be surprised if this series ends after season 12 (which it should at this point, unfortunately)

Show got renewed in 2019 for 13 seasons

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flippy
59 minutes ago, mishamonster said:

Honestly I didn't like this season except for the last 2 episodes. I highly recommend finishing it. The last 2 episodes felt completely different and reminded me of Six Feet Under. 

Really? That’s good to know! Thank you! I just might finish it then! :party:

32 minutes ago, Chinosky said:

Not this :bradley: Well, maybe after S13 then :cyanlights:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Red Tide (part 1 of season 10) was AMAZING. Right up there with Asylum and Murder House imo. Of course, they had to mess the finale up :neyde:

He does have a few gems, though. Since you mentioned Feud, season 1 (Bette and Joan) is my and my boyfriend's all-time favourite show. We've rewatched it countless times, it's just sooo good. I believe season 2 was going to be Charles and Diana but then The Crown became a hit so they scrapped it. 

Ratched was also very good (whatever happened to season 2??) and of course Dahmer is up there as well.

47 minutes ago, Chinosky said:

He better plan the 13th season as the last one in case it doesn't get renewed, and end the series with a bang :pray:

Just now, Clayton said:

season 2 was going to be Charles and Diana

This!! I knew it was something good :bradley:

r4therupbeat

Jessica left. Also Ryan himself said he should've continued the series with Coven but at the time they made the decision to stick to the 'same actors different story' kind of theme. 

Also they always **** it up from mid-end because they still write whilst they are filming or something I can't remember exactly

8 hours ago, RAMROD said:

It's Murphy habit to do that, look what happened to Glee, Nip/Tuck, Popular. Seems he rather the series to die a slow painful death than cancel it outright once the magic dissipates 

That's kind of just the American TV system in general: As long as a show is making money, they keep renewing it. So bigger stories are rarely told, nothing ever gets fully resolved, and basically every show is run into the ground, before it's cancelled. There are exceptions, and I think it's changing, but not enough, yet.

(I have no opinion on AHS itself because I only watched the Gaga seasons. Sorry.)

crackhead

I actually really liked Roanoke! That was the last time I was genuinely excited about AHS. I feel like it’s the season that everyone either loves or hates.
1984 & Apocalypse were good too, and I loved the idea of a boys coven, the story is not too bad if you get into it tbh, and I’ve actually been enjoying this new season a lot although it doesn’t feel like AHS at all. 
The downfall was definitely Freakshow, and for me, I could barely watch Hotel (the last thing AHS needs to be is LONGER, jfc). Both seasons had such great concepts but were relying too much on shock-value & blood & weird sex-scenes imo. Freakshow had soooo much hype during the teasers but it always seems like everyone was let down after release when I talk to ppl ab it. I think he was trying too hard to capitalize on the first 3 seasons, and when that failed in season 4 he tried even hard with season 5. 
The spin-off series also has a lot of mixed opinions, I personally really liked it and think that the episodes are pretty entertaining at the very least. I liked the more condensed feeling, it didn’t have any room for plot-holes or over complicated storylines. I think actually that was the biggest issue of Freakshow & Hotel and honestly they may have been better as 1:30-2 hour long movies tbh. By season 4 it was time to try something new, but it just kept relying on the same stuff that made the first seasons popular, in a more drawn-out, over-the-top, exhausting way. 

I think Ryan has improved in a lot of ways and grown well w the times, though. The new stuff may not be for everyone but it’s definitely better than mid-AHS imo, but ultimately the series is probably going to come to end soon, and think it’s tackled all of the concepts it can, whether they were good or bad.

tyler k

I used to be the biggest defender of this show up until Apocalypse. 

I didn't mind the show having references to other seasons and thought it was fairly well done bc it would be little things here and there, for the fans, and Orphans in Freakshow is one of the best AHS episodes. But by Apocalypse, it just got so out of hand and way too fan-service-y.

I really enjoyed Roanoke, it's the season I rewatch the most along with Asylum & Murder House. But that's about it. Coven & Freak Show are fine, they look beautiful and the characters/acting are fantastic, but the writing just gets soooo poor by the end of each season. Hotel was fun bc of Gaga and the setting & aesthetic of it all, imo. Cult actually still holds up and warrants a rewatch bc it's aged quite well. 

1984 is the only season I've enjoyed of the last few years. Double Feature was awful, I was so upset how they fumbled the ending of Red Tide like truly SO UPSET. and Death Valley?! garbage. I didn't bother watching NYC because I didn't want to watch a season full of gay trauma and another HIV/AIDS story.

It makes me sad to see how poor the writing has gotten and I just wish they would end the show already. It's really starting to overstay it's welcome.  

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

I can sum up my feelings about the show recently with my viewing experience for each season:

Roanoke: Disappointed (looking back it’s good as a binge watch, just not a weekly release)

Cult: A bit cringe but entertaining

Apocalypse: Most hyped up dumpster fire ever. Tragic.

1984: Surprisingly great

Double Feature: Started out as peak AHS and turned into the worst thing I’ve ever watched by episode 6

NYC: A fever dream. I feel like it didn’t even happen. Very much a non event, didn’t feel like AHS. The analogy was stupid and predictable.

Ive been watching since Gaga announced she’d be in it so I’ve been sticking with this show for a WHILE. It was my favourite show all throughout my teens. I have a hard time letting it go but I’ve stopped expecting anything out of it. It’s definitely dying out.

JohnnyVersace

I thought NYC was brilliant tbh. Especially filming in iconic gay institutions like The Eagle and Pines.

Future Lovers

It was never really good to start with I fear, it’s just that as it’s gone on, the visuals, casting choices, and atmosphere stopped being quality enough to distract from the consistently poor writing. 

Helxig

I get the feeling Ryan gave up caring about AHS when he took on so many other projects, but they continued to pump out more seasons just because it kept getting renewed and that = $$

I feel like they're just gonna keep milking the cash cow until people finally stop watching

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig
5 hours ago, Enigma said:

I can sum up my feelings about the show recently with my viewing experience for each season:

Roanoke: Disappointed (looking back it’s good as a binge watch, just not a weekly release)

Cult: A bit cringe but entertaining

Apocalypse: Most hyped up dumpster fire ever. Tragic.

1984: Surprisingly great

Double Feature: Started out as peak AHS and turned into the worst thing I’ve ever watched by episode 6

NYC: A fever dream. I feel like it didn’t even happen. Very much a non event, didn’t feel like AHS. The analogy was stupid and predictable.

Ive been watching since Gaga announced she’d be in it so I’ve been sticking with this show for a WHILE. It was my favourite show all throughout my teens. I have a hard time letting it go but I’ve stopped expecting anything out of it. It’s definitely dying out.

Literally the exact same opinions, except I thought Roanoke was okay. You hit the nail on the head

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived