celeb

Controversy around Sam Smith's "I'm Not Here To Make Friends" music video

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Goldfish said:

I can guarantee there is absolutely NO controversy surrounding this video.

It’s all just his team trying to drum up interest. how can Sam even say that when the show was recorded before the video was even released? Lol

this was my first thought, i was like mm what? 

not sam being in their WAP era, we love that for them

moonsago

I have 0 problem with the content itself, I just find it unbelievable coming from them, I can’t get over the stinginess and awkwardness, I understand the vision and the type of character they want to create but they don’t seem to be that at all, it does not come across as genuine. I can’t help but find it cringy, they don’t have the attitude to pull off this kind of larger than life, hyper-sexual, hyper-glamorous, ‘I don’t give a F’ persona, it feels too much like dress up. That’s just my opinion and I could be totally wrong, but maybe if they’d sell it better people would believe it more? I don’t know. The music is great though as always, the MV is gorgeous, and if this is really them then I’m happy for them but I just don’t buy it, it does not feel authentic at all. 

BillieGOAT

No shade but they’re not at the level of fame where enough people are even watching this video to get upset about it

AnglerfishbraBENUS

lol at ‘Miles Curys- Wrecking Ball’

I think Sam should continue to stomp on the necks of the haters as queerly as possible.

Healed My Heart
54 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

There is but is mostly internal, they’ve been getting hate since the first time they decided to be free and not give and F
. They’re even shaming their weight and appearances 

Under the VEVO promo videos people were saying pretty awful things about them just like on Twitter and every pop forum

Even I have been asked and beg to stop using gifs about them just because it makes them uncomfortable
. Just think about that
 Im  using this as an example and an example only
 but we can use gifs of Beyonce shaking her booty, but somehow Sam is being frowned for it
 well deal with it, there’s more to come :vegas:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d791598eef7505bfc625

THIS

Jennifer Lopez Yes GIF by mtv

She/her 💗💜💙

10 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

50 people on Twitter is not controversy.

This. There's always trolls who will critizise anything everywhere

Patrickern777

I didn't like Sam's music, but I love thems attitude and so happy for a queer to have this moment and let the people who is body shaming others and is homophobic to have their piece of thems cake! :firega:

Pennywise
4 hours ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Wait a minute, I thought this fanbase HATED Sam Smith?!? 

barack-obama-obama.gif

Hating them doesn't mean invalidating their self expression and joining the right-wing-made witch hunt. I, for example, don't like them because I find them annoying. They still have every right to self expression however they choose to. This whole pearl-clutching, think-of-the-children thing is just homophobia/transphobia in a new dress, nothing else. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Archived