💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why all the hate for Ava Max?

GagaUnderYou

Featured Posts

GagaUnderYou

Don’t see her as a threat to Gaga since they’re in their own streams, and their music is pretty different. 

She’s made her mark already with streaming, and she’s big enough to work with producers Gaga has worked with. There is enough room in the industry for her. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gaga already supported her behind the scenes and sent flowers or something. 

Her new album is decent. Is she the new IT girl? We should all try supporting her unless she gives us a reason not to lol

She seems generic and bland, I don't hate her. And I think Gaga comparisons have nothing to do with that feeling

She seems to care a lot about her music and the pop-music she creates. Is it wild, crazy Björkpop? No and it doesn‘t have to be. It‘s great Pop Music for the Radio and the Pop Music many people enjoy. I think Ava is insanely talented and truly admires Pop Music as you can see various references in her work. I think the hate is because she‘s fairly young, she‘s a bit weird and Fans feel threatened by that. Gaga has her lane, her throne. Let‘s uplift Ava or if you don‘t like her - not be hateful towards her.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

RainingOnMe

I don't think she deserves the hate. I think that her actual image itself is very reminiscent of Gaga, to say otherwise is just, well, not true.

Now, on the music aspect, a lot of her songs are highly manufactured and passed through over 10 writers/producers to cater it to that said image... I think she is an amazing songwriter and most of her career this far hasn't showcased that.

I'll 100% be a full supporter when she shows us that she's here for the art and the authenticity. I understand her label (Atlantic Records) is known for forcing their artists to ditch all their authenticity in order to get a few hits. I hope she can break through this barrier one day.

Ive been really into Ava Max lately! I will admit she caught my eye when I saw how similar she looked to Gaga, but her music is really good, even if its generic and overproduced.

We can't hold every artist to the behemoth standard that is Gaga imo. Ava makes fun music and has cute looks. Thats all I want. 

monstertoronto

I think when an artist comes out and immediately gets compared to an established artist, like Ava has been constantly compared to Gaga, it’s hard for people to not try to state that the new artist is a poor imitation of their established fave. People feel there’s a lack of authenticity and want to drag them. But it’s not fair. Ava actually writes her own songs and has been singing and writing since she was a teen. She is authentically dedicated to being a musical artist. If you read about the inspirations for her songs you can see that they’re fueled by personal experiences and emotions.  Pop music in general as a genre often gets slammed for being generic if it isn’t “alternative” and it’s the same criticism that Gaga and even Madonna faced when they were starting out too. It comes with the territory. Ava is hugely talented with an amazing voice and writes consistently catchy bops. We should be happy we have another artist giving us bops and support her and if you don’t like her, no need to hate. 

ssslyboy

I like her. :awesome:  I think her songs are really fun and catchy, although I think she needs to work on her stage presence, etc.  The fact that people hate on her actually makes me like her more because I think of her as an underdog and I like rooting for an underdog.

bpmMonkey

I haven’t really seen any „hate“ at all for her.. people might don’t understand the concept of criticism and always jump straight to hate. It’s not boo, some people just don’t enjoy other people and even give their reason why.. chill <3

Personally speaking I do not hate her and enjoy listening to her songs when on the radio. For me, all her songs seem stuck on the same formula. Like any of her songs on the album I would normally find catchy but all of them to be following the sampled/nostalgic/retro/euro pop formula becomes tiring. And for some reason I find the production odd, like I don’t hear much variation in depth in either her singing voice or the production. There are bits and pieces and cool pop greatness scattered throughout but again no actual variation. And this is from someone who also felt Future Nostagia was too “inspired” although I did enjoy the songs better. Maybe Ava will also grow on me. She does have the talent.

Monstermilo

i dont hate her i like a few songs 

but she isnt exciting 

shes like gaga but without the vision, she doesnt have anything important to say 

Better Day

I don’t hate her, just can’t stand the lack of trying from her end. They are absolutely nothing unique and interesting about her. I listened to her album, it was like she got prototypes from the trends of the last few years and sang over it with stock lyrics 

Together You And I!

Debithius

Nobody thinks she is a threat to Gaga. This isn't some Gaga vs Madonna thing. She just thinks she is better than what she actually is. Her music is just basic and not innovative. Plain, bland and boring.

Archived