💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bisexual Icon, Alan Cumming, Returns His OBE Honorific To British Empire

RAMROD

Featured Posts

bionic
1 minute ago, NCgaga said:

But comparing a country the size of Europe to acountry the size of California is rediculous. That’s like expecting every country in Europe to be on the same page- east Europe being far less progressive than the west. The same divide is in the US- north and west being far more progressive than the South and Midwest. People in the UK always sound rediculous making that comparison. 

I'm from a small state which is still very much on board with the post-Trump agenda (even in our blue capital) so to see anybody suggest that the UK where I spent my teen years and am still in touch with today is less progressive than the US is not it.

buy bionic

edengowon
47 minutes ago, bionic said:

so you think you'd have a better life as a trans person in the US outside of california and new york than in scotland

i'm not saying that, only that trans issues are very prominent in the british political sphere and are only becoming increasingly so. i never made a claim over legal rights, nor did i say that the uk is less progressive than america on these issues, only disputed the claim that anti-trans issues are less of a political problem in the uk than in america. the comment i referred to said that there were less 'anti-trans sentiments' in the uk and that they were less pervasive, which i don't believe is true.

there are plenty of anti-trans groups here who would happily stamp out trans rights entirely, and trans-affirming healthcare is pretty much impossible to access here for many. over the past year, the issue has only become worse, with constant transphobic media play and these political groups and figures coming to greater prominence.

to claim that these attitudes are 'less pervasive' is not at all related to legal rights or changes. even now, many here who support gay rights and other progressive issues are explicitly anti-trans.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Archived