Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ava Max's New Album Is Amazing!!

Caothan Mcbride

Featured Posts

jimmytimestep

The album is STELLAR. Future Nostalgia level honestly.

It is such a shame this release was plagued with the leaks and bad single choices. IMO:

She should have been out the gate with Million Dollar Baby.

Maybe You’re the Problem or Hold Up should have been promo singles.

Sleepwalker should have been the 2nd and album release single, with appropriate promo. Like…WHY is she not on SNL this week?

with that level of set up, she could have had infinite successful single releases from this album after that. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cavadour
28 minutes ago, Concertaholic said:

They’re all kinda cheesy but that’s the best part! So many earworms!

So true. Pure earwormcandy. As Nick Levine aptly put it on NME "...these are deliriously catchy bangers that slap harder the louder you play them. The question is: are you too proud to resist?"

Ava sings. She loves to sing and you can hear it. I love her powerful choruses. So infectious. Did they swap for Blue Ava cover? I hope so.

Another one here for Turn Off The Lights (in full hour loop here today:woohoo:) and Ghost, that midtempo with a touch of disco groove is so perfect. But honestly I can really tell if there's one single song I don't like.

Ava deserves recognition. No doubt about that.

25 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

The album is STELLAR. Future Nostalgia level honestly

Yeah. Lots of touches recalls FN, I agree. Dua has a real band of good musicians and that adds a lot on stage... Ava needs some support, for sure. Patience, patience, hard work and dedication...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Agunimon
22 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

The album is STELLAR. Future Nostalgia level honestly.

I agree with this so much, which is so frustrating because it was so poorly managed and it could have made some serious impact similar to what Future Nostalgia did.

stevana229

I feel like Maybe You're The Problem is one of the weaker songs on the album yet it was the lead single.... 

Gagaism
1 hour ago, Cavadour said:

So true. Pure earwormcandy. As Nick Levine aptly put it on NME "...these are deliriously catchy bangers that slap harder the louder you play them. The question is: are you too proud to resist?"

Ava sings. She loves to sing and you can hear it. I love her powerful choruses. So infectious. Did they swap for Blue Ava cover? I hope so.

Another one here for Turn Off The Lights (in full hour loop here today:woohoo:) and Ghost, that midtempo with a touch of disco groove is so perfect. But honestly I can really tell if there's one single song I don't like.

Ava deserves recognition. No doubt about that.

Yeah. Lots of touches recalls FN, I agree. Dua has a real band of good musicians and that adds a lot on stage... Ava needs some support, for sure. Patience, patience, hard work and dedication...

Ava has a great band live actually, like really good. As she keeps on stepping up she’ll get better and better. 

Cavadour
21 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

Ava has a great band live actually, like really good

Oh yes ? I didn't see much of a band on the live videos (besides dancers), like Dua's band is everywhere, on videos, small acoustic venues, on tour... Could you point me live perfs with a band, please ? I'm really curious. I might have missed that...

Edit: Her collabs are among the mv I watched and liked the most. Alan Walker & Ava Max - Alone, Pt. II (Live at Château de Fontainebleau) - beautiful - and The Motto come to mind rn.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

VasilisVas

I finally listened to the entire album and I love it. The only song I don’t like is maybe you’re the problem. The rest of the album slaps and I can see growth from heaven and hell. I saw some users saying it’s as good as future nostalgia. I will dare to say I like this album a lot more than future nostalgia as a whole. The only song I still listen to from future nostalgia is the iconic Physical. I really hope ava finds more success with this album. 

Highs: (in no particular order) get out of my heart, turn off the lights, dancing’s done, sleepwalker, cold as ice, last night on earth

good songs: million dollar baby, weapons

Most likely to skip: maybe you’re the problem, one of us

Gagaism

Im so happy that her released this one, I’m in love with the album. An improvement from heaven and hell, great songs… im just so happy, can’t wait to see her live anytime soon :giveup:

Gagaism
2 hours ago, Cavadour said:

Oh yes ? I didn't see much of a band on the live videos (besides dancers), like Dua's band is everywhere, on videos, small acoustic venues, on tour... Could you point me live perfs with a band, please ? I'm really curious. I might have missed that...

Edit: Her collabs are among the mv I watched and liked the most. Alan Walker & Ava Max - Alone, Pt. II (Live at Château de Fontainebleau) - beautiful - and The Motto come to mind rn.

I just mentioned the band because I got to see her live a couple months ago. I was impressed by how they sounded GOOD! I can’t wait to see her live again, hope she will do any kind of tour to this era.

monstertoronto

Love this album! Basically all bops!  Sleepwalker and title track are so good!  Ghost too. Can’t wait to see this all live!

TortureMeOnReplay
9 minutes ago, erfaan said:

Okay maybe I am an Ava Maxxxer!!

Ghost is INSANE. Should've been the lead. 

Do you mean a Maxipad?

Archived