Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Akon says women are not equal to men and need to understand “their roles”

Teletubby

Featured Posts

NichuuB
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Meanwhile u normalize a whole other issue even if it's less severe

which issue? theres no issue! thats the point. youre inventing the issue to put yourself in the position of victim 

Property of @Whale

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
Just now, SamanthaC said:

We don’t have a blind eye to it. We do this for free. We have jobs and things going on in our lives. We can’t read every single thread or every single post. If you see something problematic, report it, make a support thread, or DM one of us. And keep in mind moderating actions aren’t made public, so just because you see a post doesn’t mean it hasn’t been warned or dealt with. 

True.

Tho the replies from the mods themselves when they close or don't close a thread and which comments seemed to be in question did make me wonder

Kindness and civility should apply to all equally. Not a watered down standard if u kinda agree with them

But if my perception of the mod team regarding this has been a misjudgment then I sincerely apologise 

Economy
11 minutes ago, NichuuB said:

wich issue? theres no issue! thats the point. youre inventing the issue to put yourself in the position of victim 

I'm not making myself a Victim. I'm not a straight male :toofunny:

I simply don't agree with such normalizations

Ppl are Individuals who don't necessarily reflect their general grouping population and saying I hate a group of ppl simply is an extremely unkind and inappropriate thing to say.

I do not think because said group of ppl have had more Priveledge than others (unfairly) automatically makes such comments ok. One bad thing doesn't justify the other

I can definitely cut more slack when someone has been affected by a group of ppl has been affected by another and it's emotion or trauma talking. And I did in this case cut slack. If someone said that about a racial group or a man about woman in general my response would have been more aggressive.

But cutting slack is not equivalent to justification. It can still be called out. All I said was it wasn't appropriate or fair

Such a horrible thing I did I know!!!!! 

The internet is so unbalanced and erratic. Ppls perception of kindness or fairness seems more like a tit for tat war or a competition of who has it worse in society so they can get an unlimited free pass in saying whatever they want. And if u call it out ur made to be so evil

Flippy

chicken-praise.gif

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Economy
17 hours ago, sarahb said:

Horrific sexism aside where did he get the idea that you can create a child without a woman, like half the DNA comes from an egg :saladga:

With the nonsense he said on everything else I wouldn't have expected him to be particularly intelligent with keeping scientific facts accurate :toofunny:

Really an incubator. If it was that easy no one would choose to go thru pregnancy anymore :deadbanana:

NichuuB
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

I'm not making myself a Victim. I'm not a straight male :toofunny:

I simply don't agree with such normalizations

Ppl are Individuals who don't necessarily reflect their general grouping population and saying I hate a group of ppl simply is an extremely unkind and inappropriate thing to say.

I do not think because said group of ppl have had more Priveledge than others (unfairly) automatically makes such comments ok. One bad thing doesn't justify the other

I can definitely cut more slack when someone has been affected by a group of ppl has been affected by another and it's emotion or trauma talking. And I did in this case cut slack. If someone said that about a racial group or a man about woman in general my response would have been more aggressive.

But cutting slack is not equivalent to justification. It can still be called out. All I said was it wasn't appropriate or fair

Such a horrible thing I did I know!!!!! 

The internet is so unbalanced and erratic. Ppls perception of kindness or fairness seems more like a tit for tat war or a competition of who has it worse in society so they can get an unlimited free pass in saying whatever they want. And if u call it out ur made to be so evil

well, i see what youre saying. but it still is fake symmetry. and theres plenty of articles about fake symmetries and how they are applied in dialogues to make things like this seem to be correct, when we all know thats not it.

i wont try to reply anymore cuz theres just no point (me and you wont change our minds) and also language barrier is a pain in the ass when im trying to make a point

Property of @Whale

Economy
5 minutes ago, NichuuB said:

well, i see what youre saying. but it still is fake symmetry. and theres plenty of articles about fake symmetries and how they are applied in dialogues to make things like this seem to be correct, when we all know thats not it.

i wont try to reply anymore cuz theres just no point (me and you wont change our minds) and also language barrier is a pain in the ass when im trying to make a point

Well then, let's stop arguing if we clearly see it differently and won't change each other's minds.

The fact u at least acknowledged what I said by saying "I see what ur saying" without an angry response I something I can respect. U may not agree but at least u made an effort to understand my reasoning.

Maybe change the topic a little. I'm not very familiar with the term fake symmetry. Tell me about it. I tried googling it but I'm only getting painting related searches

Wolf Boy

If he was talking about scientific differences in regards to common things like muscle density, pregnancy ect, then ok……but all this “gods, kings” bs, so cringe :ladyhaha:

PartySick
41 minutes ago, Economy said:

This is the kind of hypocritical nonsense imo that makes me not always fully respect or agree with the way ppl on the internet preach their values and GGD is pretty saturated with it

That "preaching" is rooted in lifetimes of suffering and fighting for the right to enjoy freedom, safety, civil rights, legal statuses, sometimes even basic body autonomy and the right to be alive. All of it inflicted onto the LGBT community and women by, you guessed it, straight men.

"ALL straight men?!"

Of course not. Only a fool would take that statement as literally and personally as that.

The only double standard that matters is that while straight men get to enjoy being human; with lives, rights, and freedoms; the LGBT community and women are still out here fighting just to be recognized as people.

And I know for a fact you're smart enough to understand that and understand why a gay person making a generalized rude statement on a pop music forum about a general group of people that generally puts us through hell every day just for the crime of existing is not an issue worth all this drama.

23 minutes ago, Economy said:

But if my perception of the mod team regarding this has been a misjudgment then I sincerely apologise 

Apology accepted!

We're people with our own histories, lives, and opinions. You are free to bring up any issues in the Support section or hit the report button when you think something needs our attention.

We are reasonable people. Talk TO us, not ABOUT us.

🖤

NichuuB
8 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well then, let's stop arguing if we clearly see it differently and won't change each other's minds.

The fact u at least acknowledged what I said by saying "I see what ur saying" without an angry response I something I can respect. U may not agree but at least u made an effort to understand my reasoning.

Maybe change the topic a little. I'm not very familiar with the term fake symmetry. Tell me about it. I tried googling it but I'm only getting painting related searches

I dont think thats how you say in english, but thats how we say in portuguese (at least in brazil), hence why i talked about the language barrier. heres the definition translated from portuguese:

" False symmetry is the belief that actions performed by actors in different social positions would generate the same results. They do not."

Its like saying female objetification is the same as male objetification. its not.

Or someone saying a bad thing about Black people is the same as saying something about white people. it aint

and so on. 

I dont know if theres such term in english, but i remember you saying youre portuguese, even tho you live in canada, so it wont be hard understanding articles about it

Property of @Whale

NichuuB
9 minutes ago, PartySick said:

That "preaching" is rooted in lifetimes of suffering and fighting for the right to enjoy freedom, safety, civil rights, legal statuses, sometimes even basic body autonomy and the right to be alive. All of it inflicted onto the LGBT community and women by, you guessed it, straight men.

"ALL straight men?!"

Of course not. Only a fool would take that statement as literally and personally as that.

The only double standard that matters is that while straight men get to enjoy being human; with lives, rights, and freedoms; the LGBT community and women are still out here fighting just to be recognized as people.

And I know for a fact you're smart enough to understand that and understand why a gay person making a generalized rude statement on a pop music forum about a general group of people that generally puts us through hell every day just for the crime of existing is not an issue worth all this drama.

Apology accepted!

We're people with our own histories, lives, and opinions. You are free to bring up any issues in the Support section or hit the report button when you think something needs our attention.

@Economy and here are plenty reasonings about why what you said is indeed a fake symmetry 

Property of @Whale

sarahb

Christ is it so hard to just not want to generalise entire groups of people regardless of whether they're 'privileged' or not :saladga:

That's all it boils down to, not insulting people for being part of a certain group they had no choice to be in. 

It literally helps no one, just annoys people at best and pushes them more towards hate and extremism at worst. 

Economy
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

"ALL straight men?!"

I'm not really disputing any of this. I agree with all of it in principal.

I think it comes down to a deep rooted belief I was raised with that I believe in very strongly for myself to this day and that is that one evil or one wrong doesn't justify another

It's why I wouldn't justify stealing $100 from a bank (assuming I could get away with it) and say it's ok because the capitalist system is even more unjust.

A wrong is a wrong. It doesn't justify another just because the next one is "less bad"

But it's not about derailing threads. I still acknowledged the main point first. But really the only times u can possibly call this stuff out also is in discussions like this because it's the only time ppl will usually do that in the first place

I'm not certain I know how to explain what I'm trying to say properly in words. My point sounds superficial and incomplete to what I'm really thinking. Ughhh words are so insufficient for the human thought sometimes. 

13 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Apology accepted!

Well I appreciate that. Guess I was the guilty one of being frustrated this time

Economy
5 minutes ago, NichuuB said:

I dont think thats how you say in english, but thats how we say in portuguese (at least in brazil), hence why i talked about the language barrier. heres the definition translated from portuguese:

" False symmetry is the belief that actions performed by actors in different social positions would generate the same results. They do not."

Its like saying female objetification is the same as male objetification. its not.

Or someone saying a bad thing about Black people is the same as saying something about white people. it aint

and so on. 

I dont know if theres such term in english, but i remember you saying youre portuguese, even tho you live in canada, so it wont be hard understanding articles about it

Ah gotcha. Thanks for clarifying

But I wasn't saying it's the same at all. I think u think I was insinuating something I wasn't. What I was saying was that one doesn't justify the other. Not the the result of one is equivalent to the other

That was my point all along

Also my background is Portuguese and I speak it fluently. Feel free to say something u don't know how to say in English in Portuguese. I will likely understand it (unless it's a rare word or terminology, then I probably won't)

NichuuB
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

It's why I wouldn't justify stealing $100 from a bank (assuming I could get away with it) and say it's ok because the capitalist system is even more unjust.

Oh my god, comparing the previous comment with this right here. thats exactly your answer for false symmetry

Property of @Whale

Archived