other

Pope Francis: “Being homosexual is not a crime”

noa234

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

This is not the serve he thinks it is :awkney: it's still discriminatory and harmful to queer people. Not that we should expect the church to be accepting of us anyway.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

God be like:

Well you’re gay which means you won’t go to jail but also… You won’t go to heaven either…yay!!!!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7a2cc340dd784d1255a4c747c167aa428c2135e5d&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Hottie Detector

RudraCNG

Thanks to statements like "it's a sin" from religious authorities, homosexuality is a crime in a lot of countries, so if you're not gonna say anything useful shut the f up.

RenegAde

As a person who grew up Catholic, no matter how i have tried to rationalise and theorise , the scriptures are pretty univocal, homosexuality is considered a sin....sadly 

The reason why we have to make a distinction between " sin " and "crime"  is because a lot of self rightouse Christians see the two as synonymous which is actually dangerous to the lgbt community because this misconception is then translated into the laws which ultimately determines our safety and human rights.

If people made this distinction between "sin" and "crime" the homophobic laws would not exist in the first place. Which is what is actually important to me, don't no body care what the church thinks about my personal life 

HermioneT
25 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

This is not the serve he thinks it is :awkney: it's still discriminatory and harmful to queer people. Not that we should expect the church to be accepting of us anyway.

I struggle with this dual way of "accepting" queerness in churches at lot.:saladga:

My church (protestant) does offer same sex weddings HOWEVER it is not the same ceremony as it would be for heterosexuals couples. For example the pastor isn't allowed to let the wedding bells ring, the wording of the ceremony and its title are different and, most discriminating, the pastor and community chair members have to vote with 2/3 in favour it beforehand (which has -as far as I know - always been in favour). Obviously as a queer couple who isn't too deeply invested in this particular church, you wouldn't notice all of these differences, but it's actually still discrimination. (My bf is a vicar and literally told his supervisor that he is definitely going to perform the  "normal wedding" ceremony on queer couples because of this and found out that most pastors do this out of spite :ladyhaha:)

There are churches with full acceptance and no "it's a sin, but we / God loves you regardless" -views, often Lutheran confessions, I think.

She / hers

monstrosity
36 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

God be like:

Well you’re gay which means you won’t go to jail but also… You won’t go to heaven either…yay!!!!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7a2cc340dd784d1255a4c747c167aa428c2135e5d&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Are they the god you’re referring to?

21 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

As a person who grew up Catholic, no matter how i have tried to rationalise and theorise , the scriptures are pretty univocal, homosexuality is considered a sin....sadly 

Until you realize that it all stems from an ill intentioned translation of the original scriptures, but homophobes within the church will never correct that.

Controversiaga

There shouldn’t be laws based on mythology 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

RenegAde
15 minutes ago, Lukas96 said:

Until you realize that it all stems from an ill intentioned translation of the original scriptures, but homophobes within the church will never correct that.

Show me the original scriptures? The conversation is moot anyways cuz whether one exists or not, Christianity isn't changing its biblical doctrines anytime soon and  we don't need the validation of a religion to lead full lives 

Archived