Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Pope Francis: “Being homosexual is not a crime”

noa234

Featured Posts

This is about as strong a supportive statement as could be hoped for from a pope.

5 hours ago, Lukas96 said:

I was agreeing with you though, just adding info to show how the doctrine is ridiculous and unfounded.

The first time the word "homosexual" appears in a translation of the bible is 1946 in the RSV version, prior to that the word “arsenokoitai”, which is the one translated a homosexual, was translated as "pedophile" or "child molester" way back in the 1800s... so yeah, the bible never really mentioned homosexuality.

It's much more than just that one reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_homosexuality

People quibble over each instance, but I think for the most part they're kidding themselves, trying to rescue something (that is, the bible) that doesn't deserve to be rescued.

The doctrine IS ridiculous and unfounded, because the bible is ridiculous and unfounded.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Didn’t the Pope d*e a few weeks ago?? :awkney: 

girl that was the old one :air:

mother, what must i do?

ThisGuyTony
1 minute ago, NATAH said:

girl that was the old one :air:

The Pope before him? :emma: I thought it was the current one :air: 

1 minute ago, ThisGuyTony said:

yes :air:

i think :selena:

mother, what must i do?

skaxboy

Eating shellfish is not a crime but is a sin. 

Wearing mixed fabrics is not a crime but is a sin. 

I’m cool with that. 

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

This is about as strong a supportive statement as could be hoped for from a pope.

It's much more than just that one reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_homosexuality

People quibble over each instance, but I think for the most part they're kidding themselves, trying to rescue something (that is, the bible) that doesn't deserve to be rescued.

The doctrine IS ridiculous and unfounded, because the bible is ridiculous and unfounded.

I don't think we're trying to rescue anything, but to criticize it's manipulation by the church itself

This isn't even theologically "correct": the Bible translators purposely translated the word "pederasts" (those who initiate children sexually, such as in the Ancient Greek and Roman empires) for "sodomites" in order to hide the structural pedophilia of the Church. I'm not sure when this happened, but I think it happened in the Middle Ages. Also, in the apocryphal gospels, you can read Philip saying "although they didn't procreate, they were allowed in Heaven's gates", which theology students interpret as referring to homosexuality.

On 1/25/2023 at 6:54 PM, ThisGuyTony said:

Joseph Ratzinger, AKA Benedict the 16th, is the one who recently died. Known as a reactionary, he was pope from 2005-2013, at which point he retired -- the first pope to leave the office alive in about 600 years.

Jorge Bergoglio, AKA Francis, has been the pope since Ratzinger retired, and remains so. He's considered progressive, as popes go.

Archived