💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Caroline Polachek was annoyed over Kate Bush comparison

Kimmo

Featured Posts

RAMROD

She is becoming annoying, and she is not even Stadium class artist yet. Typical indie artist shïts :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

hieronymus

when this was making the rounds on twitter, a ton of people were clowning on her, acting like no one was even saying that, but it's literally all over her comment sections. lol 

tomsches

I get it, as an artist I would want to be known as myself and not as the … of the 2020s or the whatever. She probably secretly loves the comparison but for the sake of artistic integrity and stuff she can’t go along with it. 
also, I don’t really see much of a similarity  between her and Kate and even less between her and Björk. I feel like every indie girl ever is being compared to the two, which I guess is more of a compliment for B and K 

monstertoronto

I always had the impression that Caroline was supposed to be like a new Gaga and I just couldn’t get into her for some reason. These more artsy alternative comparisons make more sense to me. She doesn’t sound at alll ike Bjork to me, but if that’s the type of genre she’s in that is probably why I don’t connect. 

androiduser

I don't know her work, I will check it out now, but I didn't see this as an ungrateful comment, she's saying that there is no need to call someone "this generation's Kate Bush" because we have the Kate Bush, she didn't go anywhere...

15 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

I always had the impression that Caroline was supposed to be like a new Gaga and I just couldn’t get into her for some reason. These more artsy alternative comparisons make more sense to me. She doesn’t sound at alll ike Bjork to me, but if that’s the type of genre she’s in that is probably why I don’t connect. 

You need to be fashionable to be the new Gaga. 

subtextandfantasy

I think it’s so weird how quick publications are to making such huge comparisons this early in artists’ careers. Pang just came out a couple of years ago, and other than that and her new singles thats pretty much all she has out as a solo artist under her own name. Door and Billions are such amazing songs and I completely agree that there’s definitely some Kate Bush in there. But still, give her some time to put out a couple of really amazing albums, and then compare her to Kate. Like she is a LEGEND, its such a huge comparison. I get Caroline’s frustration though, like Kate literally scooted up worldwide on several charts over the summer. So shes kinda even more relevant than she used to be with all of the press she got, and very much still an active artist. Maybe there could’ve been a better way for her to say it lmaoo

CatelynnMarie

all she's really saying is they're both separate artists doing their thing, and no one should be comparing anyone. there's no "replacing" anyone. like there's this stigma around, "oh x is the new z(ed)", specifically when the other artist is alive and currently in the music scene. at least that's what i got out of it when she tweeted it. i actually thought it was slight shade towards an interview that was just coming out for a magazine that day (i had just read it when she posted that, then the promo for the magazine). which, makes no sense, but idk lol it was just awkward timing 

BleepBloop
4 hours ago, RAMROD said:

She is becoming annoying, and she is not even Stadium class artist yet. Typical indie artist shïts :diane:

What does this even mean..?

You can be a smaller artist and have something to say

BleepBloop

Also, to answer your question from ATRL, @Kimmo. She’s been consistently compared to Kate Bush ever since releasing PANG in 2019, from fans and publications alike. The latest major case of that was in this interview by The Guardian:

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2023/jan/13/caroline-polachek-on-pop-privacy-and-imperfection-i-wanted-undeniable-anthemic-diva-moments

it’s not something she pulled out of her *ss

RAMROD
25 minutes ago, BleepBloop said:

What does this even mean..?

You can be a smaller artist and have something to say

gun-dance.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived