💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

HDD: Adele, Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar unlikely to perform at the Grammys

Sorcerer

Featured Posts

Damn, Beyoncé really did drop Renaissance like it was a random SoundCloud mixtape :deadbanana: You guys better never complain about Chromatica's relative lack of promo again :partysick:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Man the music industry is at the most boring it has ever been... No performances, no visuals, max 2 singles, barely any interviews, no hype for new records, nothing groundbreaking or exciting... :nails:

Completely agree. It's been incredibly boring for years. I loved being excited for new albums but haven't felt that way in so long, it's depressing 

Monstermilo
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Man the music industry is at the most boring it has ever been... No performances, no visuals, max 2 singles, barely any interviews, no hype for new records, nothing groundbreaking or exciting... :nails:

what do u expect when the leading artists rn are drake and taylor swift 

theyre both so commercially successful but have never been exciting artists. they are the definition of safe 

we need a new figure to come and stir **** up, like gaga did in 2008........... i havent been excited about pop music since then

I’m so irked that she performed in Dubai for millionaires and billionaires but have given her loyal fans absolutely nothing this era. The rest of the era can flop for all I care at this point. I don’t think she has a stronghold on Gen Z, the way she has on millennials and I think this is shown in how SZA has become a more powerful streaming force than she is.

andy232000

There used to be a time when artists would plan around the Grammys just to attend. Now all this big names wont even give them the time of day, even if nominated. Yikes

StrawberryBlond

I don't quite get it. Is it purely labels refusing their artists the ability to perform at these occasions or are the artists themselves weighing in and having the final say? The biggest names don't promote like they used to and unsurprisingly, their sales figures are suffering as a result as the newer acts are starting to overtake them. You'd think at the very least that they'd put aside time to perform at the biggest night in the music industry calendar. It's exposure, if anything. I think part of the reason why Gaga continues to get nominated and win is because she's always supported the Grammy process, thanked them for nominations, shown gratitude when she wins and even roped in the Grammy name when she did ASIB. Because of this, the academy always want to make room for her. If more artists played the game, they'd maybe have less to complain about when it comes to lack of Grammy wins and recognition. If you're a big name, you should want to perform at the most prestigious televised music event which only happens once a year, especially if you have many nominations. Make sure you don't have a tour date or another prior engagement that night and show up with the performance of your life so you get remembered and it could easily translate into sales, more people noticing you, fan appreciation, etc. Why choose fame if you don't want to promote yourself?

Archived