other

List artists that had a rags to riches story

waterfall

Featured Posts

waterfall

- ik Kelly had one

- madonna

- nicki 

- justin (im not sure but i think his dad ditched him but both his parents trash lowkey since it was his grandparents that actually raised him 💀 ik he was one of the first few stars that got social media famous and was able to capitalize that)

- rappers

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta comes to mind…

Her father threw her out of the house because she wanted to become a star and her father was like…

”no, we are wealthy people, you are going to school to be educated and become a dentist”

Devastated by her father’s decision, Stefanie then took her piano and wondered the streets of NY until she became Lady Gaga…a true story 

She now does dentistry as a side job…

En5v7nuWEAICcHU.jpg

Hottie Detector

dimitristhe

Mariah Carey: she was raised in a dysfunctional and poor family by her mother. Her father was black and her mother white, so she was bullied for being mixed. Also, she had to live with two other girls, sleep in an old sofa and wear only 2 dresses to make a living. One of the two dresses that I mention is the black mini dress that she wore in her debut album, debut single cover and video and her first live performance. 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

The Fame

Not many people know her but Kerli comes to mind. She was raised in an abusive household that she had to learn to survive in. Now she is a beautiful little creature living in the forest and making glorious music.

Cardi B was poor and had to work as a stripper

Trixie Mattel was dirt poor growing up in Wisconsin, too.

Gimme More

Britney, she literally came from nothing and she saved her family from bankruptcy when she got her record deal. She also worked in a crawfish shop when she was a child to get money.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

RochestrMonstr

The Spiceworld version of The Spice Girls (nostalgic terrible guilty pleasure right there). 

I don’t think they were actually poor in real life though, and I know Victoria was from more of an upper middle class background compared to the others (which contributed to her being “Posh” among the group).

ProfessionalClown

Post Malone was definitely someone who really worked hard AF for what they did. I remember being a huge Minecraft YouTuber fan and he did livestreams with SkyDoesMinecraft and MinecraftUniverse since they all lived together. I think Jason (MU) helped produce some of his early music and is still in contact with him. He really worked hard for his fame, def deserves it as well.  He’s such a cool guy 

im just proud to say I knew him before he was post :huntyga:

RAMROD
33 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

The Spiceworld version of The Spice Girls (nostalgic terrible guilty pleasure right there). 

I don’t think they were actually poor in real life though, and I know Victoria was from more of an upper middle class background compared to the others (which contributed to her being “Posh” among the group).

Expect Victoria, the rest of girls are from low to middle class. Humble beginnings.

Emma grew up with her mom in Finchley, London, after her parents divorce. She was martial arts instructor. Her dad was a milkman.

Geri grew up in a council estate in North Watford, before left house as teenager, (and had to do some of those topless modeling to earn money, aside from performing in night clubs), and had to live in her friend couch for awhile once, before she joined SG. Her dad didn't  have regular job, and left the family when Geri was 9. Her mom did cleaning jobs.

Mel B growing up in council estate in Harehills, Leeds, (which neighborhood said to be having infamous  reputation), for a bit as a kid, before moving to a nicer neighborhood in Kirkstall, Leeds. Mel was working as a telemarketer before joining SG.

Victoria was born rich, her dad were electronic engineer and mom was insurance clerk before owning hair salon, she once told in an interview she got around everywhere with Rolls Royce as a kid. 

Mel C grew up in Widnes, Chesire. She had a good upbringing. Her mother was a secretary, and dad was a fitter in elevator company 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

51 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Post Malone was definitely someone who really worked hard AF for what they did. I remember being a huge Minecraft YouTuber fan and he did livestreams with SkyDoesMinecraft and MinecraftUniverse since they all lived together. I think Jason (MU) helped produce some of his early music and is still in contact with him. He really worked hard for his fame, def deserves it as well.  He’s such a cool guy 

im just proud to say I knew him before he was post :huntyga:

And he has stayed humble till this day, I always say it and I will say it over and over again, what attracts me to Posty is not only how handsome he is but also how down to earth he is, although he was born in NY he is still My Texan influenced, Rocker Boy  :heart:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d799f3827cdd288ab23e

Also this Video:

He remembered all her daughters names, and although some think he appears as clueless and dumb, he asked her “how old is your daughter” after she said her daughter wanted to marry him… 

See that’s called being Smart, Kind and Important :vegas:

And this other viral one …

Hottie Detector

StarstruckIllusion

I have nothing to add other than the fact I thought Gaga grew up lower-middle class until like 2 years ago… I was so embarrassed ☠️

Archived