💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna biopic has been scrapped

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
49 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

As it should. I've never understood the point of a biopic when the artist is still alive honestly 

*Rocket Man (an excellent film) has entered the chat* 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladle Ghoulash
32 minutes ago, Whigney Houstan said:

Artists just shouldn't be involved with their own biopics.:oops:

Eh, I disagree. Sure, it makes it more of an autobiographical thing, but they know more about their experiences than a third party would. 

chromaticainmyhead
51 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

As it should. I've never understood the point of a biopic when the artist is still alive honestly 

it could be a very authentic story. In Madonna's case especially when she's responsible for the script and the directing it's actually almost like writing the story of your whole life how you actually lived it and not how others have been projecting on you

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

monstertoronto
1 minute ago, deactivated001 said:

Eh, I disagree. Sure, it makes it more of an autobiographical thing, but they know more about their experiences than a third party would. 

I think they should be involved as a consultant but a film needs to work as a piece of art on its own and that’s hard if th subject both writes and directs. 

elijahfan

I can't say I didn't see that coming, but what a waste of time for everyone involved... I guess it's not unusual for some projects to take years to materialize, but I'm not sure what prevented them from getting it done. It felt like they were pretty far along preproduction.

ssslyboy
53 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

oh damn.  Welp.  This dynamic was never gonna be conducive to a smooth production.  No wonder the actress that was offered the role hesitated and never accepted it.  Not a shock they pulled the plug.

huttont

I wasn’t super invested in the biopic anyway but I WAS excited to see Julia Garner portray her. She is an excellent actress.

TimotheeChalamet
1 hour ago, Whigney Houstan said:

Artists just shouldn't be involved with their own biopics.:oops:

Agree 

KURUSHITOVSKA
3 hours ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Well because at least it's her own personal story

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

dubstep111

It’s so nuts thinking about how much hard work probably went into this and then it’s just cancelled. Probably a big waste of time and money.

Archived