news

Gaga Scores 4th Oscar Nomination For 'Hold My Hand'

mamo

Featured Posts

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RodeckDanny

OMG Double nomination! Applause & Hold My Hand! 

Slay!

:lolga:

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

3 hours ago, Bat said:

Im surprised, I liked the song but I didn't had the idea it had same impact as Shallow

Good job Lady G! :vegas:

It hasn’t. 

Hold My Hand has already won with this great nomination. Fight is between HMH and NN i think. HMH i think will definitely be performed, which is another win :bradley: Gaga better deliver another timeless live performance. 

If she wins... and gives a speech... i imagine her laughing in the end, to give a taste of Joker 2 :ladyhaha:

StrawberryBlond

Knew she would get nominated but will she win? Based on the nominees, I'd say she should stand the best chance, it's hands down the best song there. It seems like Diane was just given that nomination just because she's a staple there and as she's already got that honorary award this year, it's highly doubtful she'll win. Lift Me Up hasn't got the major recognition that we initially thought it would and has more of an outside chance. And I still stand by that Naatu Naatu was a surprise win and most awards committees won't feel the same. As for This Is A Life, that song is super irritating and a bit too short to truly win something this prestigious. I'm really perplexed by the nominations, truly. It's like the academy really didn't think many songs were worthy this year so just threw in some unknown ones to pad it out. And I know she's never been nominated but I really did think this was the time for Taylor to finally get her first Oscar recognition. Carolina was nominated by most awards committees, her only soundtrack song to have ever got this level of praise. It's so Oscar-worthy, it plays to her strengths, she did everything right...and it still wasn't enough. Once again, the Oscars have no love for her despite her getting that widely from the music industry. I may not be a fan but I feel for her here. She was seemingly deliberately snubbed, good and proper. 

15 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Knew she would get nominated but will she win? Based on the nominees, I'd say she should stand the best chance, it's hands down the best song there. It seems like Diane was just given that nomination just because she's a staple there and as she's already got that honorary award this year, it's highly doubtful she'll win. Lift Me Up hasn't got the major recognition that we initially thought it would and has more of an outside chance. And I still stand by that Naatu Naatu was a surprise win and most awards committees won't feel the same. As for This Is A Life, that song is super irritating and a bit too short to truly win something this prestigious. I'm really perplexed by the nominations, truly. It's like the academy really didn't think many songs were worthy this year so just threw in some unknown ones to pad it out. And I know she's never been nominated but I really did think this was the time for Taylor to finally get her first Oscar recognition. Carolina was nominated by most awards committees, her only soundtrack song to have ever got this level of praise. It's so Oscar-worthy, it plays to her strengths, she did everything right...and it still wasn't enough. Once again, the Oscars have no love for her despite her getting that widely from the music industry. I may not be a fan but I feel for her here. She was seemingly deliberately snubbed, good and proper. 

In my opinion, Hold My Hand is the best song nominated and I'm not even being biased. However I think it's pretty much a given that 'Naatu Naatu' will win. Gaga is going to have a harder time to win again since she already won for Shallow and the Oscars are always stingy with giving awards to the same person. Also not to mention Gaga hasn't campaigned at all this season.

Overall I'm just happy she's nominated and I hope we get to see her perform as I do truly love the song which seems like an unpopular opinion on here! 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

3 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

You just jinxed this like that Oscar nomination for House of Gucci saying it was on lock. :cyanlights:

you just jinxed this by counteracting my iconic positive omen with a negative one sis, what's good? do not do this, u should know how it works 

StrawberryBlond
39 minutes ago, mamo said:

In my opinion, Hold My Hand is the best song nominated and I'm not even being biased. However I think it's pretty much a given that 'Naatu Naatu' will win. Gaga is going to have a harder time to win again since she already won for Shallow and the Oscars are always stingy with giving awards to the same person. Also not to mention Gaga hasn't campaigned at all this season.

Overall I'm just happy she's nominated and I hope we get to see her perform as I do truly love the song which seems like an unpopular opinion on here! 

Agree, I say this completely unbiased too. I'm still amazed that Naatu Naatu has even been noticed whatsoever as a song like this never has, much less that it's wound up doing so well but I'm just saying the Oscars can think very different to other committees. But yes, Gaga was always going to be have an uphill battle winning an Oscar again because it's hard enough to win more than one even when you're a super iconic actor, much less if you're a singer first and foremost who turned to acting later. In a sense, there's a weird part of me that doesn't want her to win just because it'll make a potential winner's arc so much greater and understandable when it comes time for Joker 2 (and who knows, she may get another song nomination next year if she does another soundtrack). Also, I have no doubt that she'll smash this song live, it'll probably be the best performance of the night. That way, even if she doesn't win, it'll make the audience question why she didn't and make them root for her in future. Basically, by the time her next big acting gig comes around, there will be a feeling of "she's earned her stripes."

41 minutes ago, mamo said:

From the beginning, Gaga put minimal energy into promoting HMH, not even going to the premiere.

Her team probably thought that HMH nominations at big awards are on lock, so they put only minimal promo into it, some "for your consideration" ads and promo packages here and there.

I think from the beginning she thought that HMH wouldn't be as popular as Shallow and she'd rather play for long term, preferring an Best Actress Oscar.

4 hours ago, Brizel said:

I really can’t stand this song, sorry. Was hoping she didn’t get a nomination so wasn’t forced to perform it 

what a weird thing to say :air:

mother, what must i do?

8 hours ago, thierryrreiht said:

They NEED the ratings, so they’ll negotiate with (beg) her a lot. Up to her if the coins are enough and if she can take a break from Joker. The Oscars are mid-March, so let’s see if that’s enough time for her to film a bulk of the movie and prepare a performance.

She’s confirmed as a performer.  This was probably thought about ahead of time.  There are probably people involved in Joker beyond Gaga who breaks from shooting due to award season.

Congrats ma'am.

And she might even win. Anyone who says Natu Natu is definitely going to win is just guessing. We all thought Gaga was a certainty for a nom last year, and Kristen Stewart was for a long time supposed to be a lock for the win, but neither happened.

Archived