Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Friends of WeHo loses 75% of its audience after DragRace

MessyTop

Featured Posts

Ooof. It looks like untucked fell from 26 to 60 because it was split off of RPDR. And it still performed better than Weho.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic
3 minutes ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

I might sound old but...what the **** is Friends of WeHo?

Well it’s a reality show about catty gays who aren’t actually friends irl and most of whom don’t live in West Hollywood 

buy bionic

YouCanSitWithUs

Btw I really just wanted to say if you want to visit a city that actually represents the majority of queer America pretty well and not these over-muscled up places where everyone is gorgeous and pretty and trying to be a social climber...visit Columbus, Ohio. We have good looking people here but we also don't have a weird fixation on being good looking and pretty.  Like places like Fire Island, Ft. Lauderdale, West Hollywood, San Fran, Dallas, and Chicago do. It's just different. More about the art scene, the foodie scene, and the live performance scene. The gays throw awesome summer parties all over the villages, too. 

If you want to visit the most kind queer town in America, it's Columbus. And there is a huge community here. And rent is still about $800-1400/month. We have about 17 gays bars now, 4 lesbian bars, and a big drag scene. And we have the only black-owned gay bar in the United States now. It's a pretty cool city...and growing! It's about a million people now and it has a younger population because of the massive The Ohio State University. It is the capital so it is pretty liberal but in a chill, midwest way. And we are about 2 hours dead center of Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Indianapolis. Alot of big headquarters here including Intel, Limited Brands, Nationwide Insurance, Wendy's, White Castle, Bath and Body Works, Huntington Bank. Our Pride Festival draws about 1.5 million visitors and we have 9 distinct gayborhoods: Clintonville, Old Town East, Merion Village, the Short North, Franklinton, German Village, Victorian Village, Italian Village, and the Brewery District. We also are one of the most educated cities in America because alot of the people that go to the universities here decide to stay here! One of the reasons it's growing so fast. The economy is tech/service/government/fashion/logistics/agriculture based. Columbus, Ohio actually has the biggest fashion GDP in the U.S. outside of New York and L.A. Probably because of the Wexners. Lot of ****ing money coming in to our city. We are the one weird exception of a boom town right now in the midwest. I think people just really like the way the city is set up!

Levine

Ooooh so people hate that show because it took Drag Race' s slot? I thought it was because one of them was problematic or something like that lol Kept watching people celebrating this flop but I didn't understand why

30 minutes ago, Levine said:

Ooooh so people hate that show because it took Drag Race' s slot? I thought it was because one of them was problematic or something like that lol Kept watching people celebrating this flop but I didn't understand why

it's also because of todrick being messy and unlikeable plus the fact it's so plainly fake!

mother, what must i do?

bionic
2 hours ago, Levine said:

People hate it because:

• They shortened Drag Race by 30 mins for this
  • They split Drag Race from Untucked by putting this between the two in hope people would sit through this for it
  • Todrick generally has a terrible reputation for being a nasty piece of work, a scammer, and a fraud
  • None of the cast are actually friends. They were cast for the show.
  • Some of the cast don't actually live in WeHo
  • Gays are happy for representation but that doesn't mean we want this representation
  • Todrick, MTV, and the cast of the show have been so self-praising and arrogant about this show as if its some high brow TV documentary
buy bionic

Levine

Thank you guys, it's always hard following other countries things. I only know Todrick via Big Brother and he was nasty and a horrible human being. 

MessyTop
5 hours ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

Btw I really just wanted to say if you want to visit a city that actually represents the majority of queer America pretty well and not these over-muscled up places where everyone is gorgeous and pretty and trying to be a social climber...visit Columbus, Ohio. We have good looking people here but we also don't have a weird fixation on being good looking and pretty.  Like places like Fire Island, Ft. Lauderdale, West Hollywood, San Fran, Dallas, and Chicago do. It's just different. More about the art scene, the foodie scene, and the live performance scene. The gays throw awesome summer parties all over the villages, too. 

If you want to visit the most kind queer town in America, it's Columbus. And there is a huge community here. And rent is still about $800-1400/month. We have about 17 gays bars now, 4 lesbian bars, and a big drag scene. And we have the only black-owned gay bar in the United States now. It's a pretty cool city...and growing! It's about a million people now and it has a younger population because of the massive The Ohio State University. It is the capital so it is pretty liberal but in a chill, midwest way. And we are about 2 hours dead center of Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Indianapolis. Alot of big headquarters here including Intel, Limited Brands, Nationwide Insurance, Wendy's, White Castle, Bath and Body Works, Huntington Bank. Our Pride Festival draws about 1.5 million visitors and we have 9 distinct gayborhoods: Clintonville, Old Town East, Merion Village, the Short North, Franklinton, German Village, Victorian Village, Italian Village, and the Brewery District. We also are one of the most educated cities in America because alot of the people that go to the universities here decide to stay here! One of the reasons it's growing so fast. The economy is tech/service/government/fashion/logistics/agriculture based. Columbus, Ohio actually has the biggest fashion GDP in the U.S. outside of New York and L.A. Probably because of the Wexners. Lot of ****ing money coming in to our city. We are the one weird exception of a boom town right now in the midwest. I think people just really like the way the city is set up!

I love Columbus , the scene is pretty cool. But I have to make a clarification, there’s 2 black owned gay bars in NYC too,2 in San Francisco and the oldest one in Chicago , the more the merrier. 

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/nycs-second-black-owned-lgbtq-bar-to-open-in-harlem-070720

theres also 1 in Chicago: 

https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/06/30/jeffrey-pub-south-shore-chicago-has-one-of-the-countrys-longest-running-black-owned-gay-bars-and-its-right-in-south-shore/

chromaticainmyhead
18 hours ago, NATAH said:

i wonder how many of those are straight girls who'll eat up anything mildly gay :air:

can you blame them tho

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

chromaticainmyhead
18 hours ago, alecks said:

If they really wanted a nice little 3 hour gay tv night, like Todrick claims MTV wanted, they still could have left Drag Race at 90 mins, 30 mins for Untucked, and then Try Hards of WeHo. The pushback would have been much less because they wouldn’t be splitting up DR and Untucked.

We’re still only get 2.5 hours anyway as it is, followed by yet another episode of Ridiculousness. 

this. i hope they feel the backlash at MTV and do better

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

bionic
2 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Untucked has tanked. The ratings for the most recent episode — 214,000 viewers —  were the lowest in the show’s televised history

source: 

https://decider.com/2023/01/24/real-friends-of-weho-ratings-drag-race-controversy/amp/

i've never tuned in atlantically for untucked and i wont start now

buy bionic

Archived