Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Songs That Sound Like Other Songs

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually get the Scream and DWUW connection. More than just thematically, the aggressive vocals and all that plus scream has a bit of an rnb melody to it when you look past MJ and Janet’s vocal performance which kinda spins it away from melodic to ferocious

hadnt heard that connection before but I like it

Space Cowboy
3 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

Babylon : Vogue by Madonna, Go West by Pet Shop Boys

Hadn't thought of this one before

Space Cowboy
3 hours ago, The Z said:

Stupid Love reminds me of Highway To Hell  for whatever reason 

That is so random :billie:

Space Cowboy
3 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I mean now he says it...

Can you tell me what's similar between these 2 please? I must have a bad ear. :huntyga:

It's the lyrics "I'm not sorry" and the video thematically looks also similar to the leaked scenes of dwuw

Space Cowboy
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I actually get the Scream and DWUW connection. More than just thematically, the aggressive vocals and all that plus scream has a bit of an rnb melody to it when you look past MJ and Janet’s vocal performance which kinda spins it away from melodic to ferocious

hadnt heard that connection before but I like it

Even the videos I feel are a bit similar with the white backdrop, just my opinion

Ladle Ghoulash
2 hours ago, tomsches said:

Reading all these comments I’m realizing that my ears must not be working right because with like 95% of them I’m like: in what universe do they sound similar? 

There are some on here that I can understand (FOHL and I Wanna Dance With Somebody), but when folks are saying that she actually sampled tracks that don't really sound that much the song in question, I'm like 🥴

Anderson123
29 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Hadn't thought of this one before

It’s not really that Babylon sounds like that but it was intentional. A lot of 90’s house songs had that type of instrumental. It also reminds me a little bit of this:

Space Cowboy
3 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

It’s not really that Babylon sounds like that but it was intentional. A lot of 90’s house songs had that type of instrumental. It also reminds me a little bit of this:

I didn't think to connect more with Babylon I should've. Some of the harmonies in Madonna's like a prayer, remind me of Babylon's.

Space Cowboy
10 hours ago, Ophelia said:

I Wanna Be with You and Speechless - Elton’s Your Song

Dance in The Dark - Strangelove by Depeche Mode

Judas - Wannabe by Lolilux (it has the same instrumental)

Bad Romance - Ballanation by Dj Dean and Dominator by Human Resource

Stupid Love - Switch by Jvst Say Yes

Poker Face - Ma Baker by Boney M

most of these are samples. I collect inspirations/samples for Gaga songs in Spotify playlists, each album has it’s own „extended experience” playlist. Thank you for the tracks in the OP! If anyone wants to check these:

Reveal hidden contents

Most of these are finished (excl. BTW) but I will be checking the songs in the OP and seeing what could fit! Thanksss again, love this thread idea!

I just looked over at your comment again, the dedication you have is honorable and your playlists are 🔥

Space Cowboy
8 hours ago, tomsches said:

Reading all these comments I’m realizing that my ears must not be working right because with like 95% of them I’m like: in what universe do they sound similar? 

Did you read in the op where I said that I was 'reminded' of other songs? Sonically the songs I list don't All sound exactly like those that I reference. I am Reminded of others, while some yes I do think sonically sound like others.

RochestrMonstr

I have never understood comparing Alejandro to Fernando, except the name drop. People have said they sound similar since Alejandro came out.

The harmonies in Alejandro’s chorus do remind me of something ABBA would do but not in Fernando. 

edit before I get called out hopefully🤞: I know this thread isn’t about songs being sonically similar, but people elsewhere mentioning Alejandro and Fernando sounding similar has always confused me. 

hieronymus

I'm surprised no one has mentioned YoĂź and I and What's Up by Four Non-Blondes.

Archived