Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chromaticainmyhead
2 minutes ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

It doesn't sit well with me.

I just hope at the end of the day something good comes out of these deals. Beyoncé should be wise enough to know how to invest the money or the influence that comes with such performances 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

GypsyVida
3 hours ago, MasterOfPuppets said:

That was a public concert not a privately bought gig for a very exclusive clientel. 

So what you're upset about is that the concert was for rich influencers and celebrities, not normal people like us. I can get behind that and understand why you're upset. However your original comment didn't focus on that. It focused on how Beyonce, an artist beloved by the LGBTQ+ community, performed in the UAE. There were probably quite a few gay people in Beyonce's audience just as there were probably quite a few straight people in Gaga's 2014 audience.

I just think it's unfair to be mad at Beyonce for performing (regardless of audience demographic and gig pay) in Dubai but then say it's okay for Gaga to perform there because "the show was open to LGBTQ+ people".

Personally, I don't care if Beyonce performed there for rich elites or the poorest of the poor. Same thing with Gaga. Gaga has done paid private concerts in the US before. In my eyes there's no difference between doing them in the US vs the UAE.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

MasterOfPuppets
14 minutes ago, GypsyVida said:

So what you're upset about is that the concert was for rich influencers and celebrities, not normal people like us. I can get behind that and understand why you're upset. However your original comment didn't focus on that. It focused on how Beyonce, an artist beloved by the LGBTQ+ community, performed in the UAE. There were probably quite a few gay people in Beyonce's audience just as there were probably quite a few straight people in Gaga's 2014 audience.

I just think it's unfair to be mad at Beyonce for performing (regardless of audience demographic and gig pay) in Dubai but then say it's okay for Gaga to perform there because "the show was open to LGBTQ+ people".

Personally, I don't care if Beyonce performed there for rich elites or the poorest of the poor. Same thing with Gaga. Gaga has done paid private concerts in the US before. In my eyes there's no difference between doing them in the US vs the UAE.

Yes you‘re right, I should have been more specific in my first post about what I wanted to say, it was just my angry first thoughts. And I also respect your point of view regardless of mine being different. 

22 hours ago, PussOfYonce said:

would you decline 24 million dollars for 1 hour? :marges:

Yes, if I already had a billion and didn’t want to feel like a rent-a-singer for some rich people. Money isn’t everything to me but obviously it is to many other already rich people

Sorry but the "public event" "private gig" difference doesn't sound convincing to me. The reality is both performed in this country.  You can criticize them both if you want, but singling out Beyoncé is unfair.

Levine
On 1/21/2023 at 8:33 PM, MasterOfPuppets said:

Wow, how can someone that is worshipped by so many LGBTQ+ people perform in a country like the UAE. The money must have tasted well. 

Because she's always been a hypocrite and a money hungry woman. 

I saw an interesting thread on Twitter that believes act II is titled "Utopia" since she mentioned something about this concert being a Utopia of people from all over the world, etc. during her intro speech 

WHICH, for the record, obviously could simply be a reference to having a private gig of influencers from all over the world LOL I am not that oblivious --- HOWEVER, how cool would it be if this was actually a hint/preview of act II and it's sounds from all over the world??? (she performed a bunch of The Gift and songs fused with middle east sounds)

which again, I realize could just be an homage to Dubai and the hotel BUT also like this concert WAS really random? and RIGHT in the middle of a major album rollout? AND they promoted it pretty heavily for how "private" it was... and one of the magazines who were there reported something to the effect of "if this is a preview of what's to come" (!!!)

Idk I'm rambling but it's fun to imagine what act II could be :'-) 

On 1/21/2023 at 7:51 PM, Space Cowboy said:

I just know Gaga would have the balls to sing born this way if they get her to do a set there next. 

She did when she had the ARTPOP ball there in 2014!

Space Cowboy
31 minutes ago, Ivy said:

She did when she had the ARTPOP ball there in 2014!

We stan an actual rockstar :firega:

On 1/21/2023 at 8:33 PM, MasterOfPuppets said:

Wow, how can someone that is worshipped by so many LGBTQ+ people perform in a country like the UAE. The money must have tasted well. 

This! After this, don't try to be an LGBTQ+ ally :kiss:

KingRedd

My thing is this… not only do fans there want to see her, there are laws in certain states that are anti lgbt. Should she not perform in those states? The LGBT community, specifically the T, are killed, harassed, embarrassed, and outlawed around America. This just seems like convenient outrage for those who beg for people to not like Beyoncé for whatever reason. Let’s move on 

May I Read You? 😎

Levine
26 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

My thing is this… not only do fans there want to see her, there are laws in certain states that are anti lgbt. Should she not perform in those states? The LGBT community, specifically the T, are killed, harassed, embarrassed, and outlawed around America. This just seems like convenient outrage for those who beg for people to not like Beyoncé for whatever reason. Let’s move on 

She didn't perform for her fans, it was a private gig for rich people (e so 4, vediamo se lo capite).

Levine
On 1/22/2023 at 8:11 AM, littlepotter said:

The difference here is Gaga performed a concert open to the public, a.k.a LGBTQ fans were able to attend and experience this magical empowering concert full of queerness. Beyonce performed a private event for the rich who undoubtedly back this homophobic government, and didn't even do a single song from her "queer empowerment" album. 

I want to quote this again, because the narrivate her fans are writing is wrong. 

Archived