💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonna tried so hard and failed. Why?

noa234

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, ssslyboy said:

Is it?  (I'm not asking sarcastically, I'm genuinely curious.)

It charted for one week in the US from what I can remember.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YouCanSitWithUs
21 hours ago, Meat said:

I mean Taylor Swift is one of the worst live performers and yet she’s about to have the biggest female tour of all time. If you have loyal fans, nothing can stop your selling power. Madonna can do anything she wants and her fans will still love her.

I agree but please never compare an artist who was afraid to even say anything about the queer community until her 7th album to a living legend who supported queerness and fought for AIDS awareness in a time where having AIDS was considered disgusting and untouchable. 

Like....Taylor Swift made the most generic, laughable, surface level vision of being inclusive possible and shoved it into what looks and feels like a Target commercial. 

Madonna watched her friends from before she was famous, people she lived in cathedral with when she was a starving artist, die from AIDS and when conservatives actually convinced the GP that you could get AIDS by being around gay people, Madonna, WHEN SHE WAS NEW AND COULD HAVE LOST HER CAREER, said "hug someone, kiss someone who has AIDS, they need love the most!" This is a woman who repeatedly risked her career and even was dropped from Pepsi (before it was cool for corporations to slap a pride flag on their logo) because she questioned the catholic church and showed religous symbolism in Like A Prayer that suggested Jesus was black. This is a woman who literally never really had to come out because in the early 1990s was eating ass, licking ***, sucking ****, having threesomes, publicly walking around nude along the highway for a photoshoot, growing her *** hair out and taking pics of it and posting it in a book that celebrated all types of bodies....a book that she then took the profits from and donated to HIV/AIDS research. 

Please...know the difference between Madonna and Taylor Swift. Before Taylor was even born in "1989" Madonna was already ahead of her. There is a difference between being popular and being such an undeniable force of pop culture that even people that don't like you cannot argue with your impact. Taylor doesn't have impact. She has relatability to a (mostly) white bubble of culture who has more access to funds and expensive devices that can stream things. 

55 minutes ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

I agree but please never compare an artist who was afraid to even say anything about the queer community until her 7th album to a living legend who supported queerness and fought for AIDS awareness in a time where having AIDS was considered disgusting and untouchable. 

Like....Taylor Swift made the most generic, laughable, surface level vision of being inclusive possible and shoved it into what looks and feels like a Target commercial. 

Madonna watched her friends from before she was famous, people she lived in cathedral with when she was a starving artist, die from AIDS and when conservatives actually convinced the GP that you could get AIDS by being around gay people, Madonna, WHEN SHE WAS NEW AND COULD HAVE LOST HER CAREER, said "hug someone, kiss someone who has AIDS, they need love the most!" This is a woman who repeatedly risked her career and even was dropped from Pepsi (before it was cool for corporations to slap a pride flag on their logo) because she questioned the catholic church and showed religous symbolism in Like A Prayer that suggested Jesus was black. This is a woman who literally never really had to come out because in the early 1990s was eating ass, licking ***, sucking ****, having threesomes, publicly walking around nude along the highway for a photoshoot, growing her *** hair out and taking pics of it and posting it in a book that celebrated all types of bodies....a book that she then took the profits from and donated to HIV/AIDS research. 

Please...know the difference between Madonna and Taylor Swift. Before Taylor was even born in "1989" Madonna was already ahead of her. There is a difference between being popular and being such an undeniable force of pop culture that even people that don't like you cannot argue with your impact. Taylor doesn't have impact. She has relatability to a (mostly) white bubble of culture who has more access to funds and expensive devices that can stream things. 

I agree with all of this of course but like it or not, Taylor is Madonna’s successor. 

YouCanSitWithUs
8 hours ago, Meat said:

I agree with all of this of course but like it or not, Taylor is Madonna’s successor. 

First of all, Madonna is still alive.

Second of all, Madonna doesn't need a successor. 

Thirdly, if she did, Taylor is not even TOP THREE in who most people would say is Madonna's "successor". (Beyonce, Britney, Gaga, Rihanna come to mind.)

Taylor does not relate to Madonna AT ALL. She is the safest MPG that comes to mind...ever. She has strategically made people think she has taken "risks" that aren't actual risks because she makes a HUGE deal out of things. Most of the other girls go through the same as her/way worse, they just aren't as loud and victimizing about it. And this is exactly why she is NOTHING like Madonna. Do you have any clue how many times Madonna got stomped on by the press about actual serious subject matter like sex/art/politics/queerness/race and she just took it and kept making music? Taylor Swift literally got a mic taken from her by Kanye and somehow it has become this giant moment.

I honestly never got why it was that big of a deal. Yeah it was shitty of Kanye, but it wasn't the worst thing...he did it to literally gas up another female.  And I'm going to say it here even though Kanye is not really popular right now....rude as it was, Kanye West was right. "Single Ladies" was the best music video of not only that year but of that decade and is iconic. Do half of you even remember which Taylor Swift song beat Beyonce's Single Ladies? Off of the top of my head, I can't. But it was probably another whiny song about a boy just like all her other songs. 

Am I wrong? Because I don't even care to look it up. 

Point blank: people really do not see Taylor Swift as that "IT" girl the way you think they do. They see her as big, kind of how Justin Bieber is just big. But it's not "cool" or "cultured" to be a Swift stan. Because people don't put respect on their name like that. Taylor might be an excellent writer but like....it's not hard to become an excellent writer when you pretty much stay on the same subject matter for 15 ****ing years. 

She is not revolutionary. Her impact is....limited. And her ability to be relatable is kind of forced. Name one thing she has done for ANY community that is in front of mind for the general public. Like...when you say Madonna people know what she did for gays. When you say Beyonce people know what she does for black kids. When you say Gaga people know what she does for gay people and bullied kids. When you say Michael Jackson people knew how much money he gave away. When you see Dolly Parton people know how she cares for children. When you see Miley you see how she has organizations that help gay and trans kids. When you see Tina Turner people know how she stood up for women of domestic violence situations. When you see Rihanna you see how she stands up for visibility for all sorts of races. 

What does Taylor Swift stand for? What does she really represent the most? Let's be honest here: her self! And maybe the fans that worship her. That is why showing up to some of her fans' houses was a weird move to me. Like...it wasn't a sweepstakes. She stalked her favorite fans and then went to their houses. They get invited early to her house to hear her music based on how much they worship her. Does anyone not see this?

51 minutes ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

First of all, Madonna is still alive.

Second of all, Madonna doesn't need a successor. 

Thirdly, if she did, Taylor is not even TOP THREE in who most people would say is Madonna's "successor". (Beyonce, Britney, Gaga, Rihanna come to mind.)

Taylor does not relate to Madonna AT ALL. She is the safest MPG that comes to mind...ever. She has strategically made people think she has taken "risks" that aren't actual risks because she makes a HUGE deal out of things. Most of the other girls go through the same as her/way worse, they just aren't as loud and victimizing about it. And this is exactly why she is NOTHING like Madonna. Do you have any clue how many times Madonna got stomped on by the press about actual serious subject matter like sex/art/politics/queerness/race and she just took it and kept making music? Taylor Swift literally got a mic taken from her by Kanye and somehow it has become this giant moment.

I honestly never got why it was that big of a deal. Yeah it was shitty of Kanye, but it wasn't the worst thing...he did it to literally gas up another female.  And I'm going to say it here even though Kanye is not really popular right now....rude as it was, Kanye West was right. "Single Ladies" was the best music video of not only that year but of that decade and is iconic. Do half of you even remember which Taylor Swift song beat Beyonce's Single Ladies? Off of the top of my head, I can't. But it was probably another whiny song about a boy just like all her other songs. 

Am I wrong? Because I don't even care to look it up. 

Point blank: people really do not see Taylor Swift as that "IT" girl the way you think they do. They see her as big, kind of how Justin Bieber is just big. But it's not "cool" or "cultured" to be a Swift stan. Because people don't put respect on their name like that. Taylor might be an excellent writer but like....it's not hard to become an excellent writer when you pretty much stay on the same subject matter for 15 ****ing years. 

She is not revolutionary. Her impact is....limited. And her ability to be relatable is kind of forced. Name one thing she has done for ANY community that is in front of mind for the general public. Like...when you say Madonna people know what she did for gays. When you say Beyonce people know what she does for black kids. When you say Gaga people know what she does for gay people and bullied kids. When you say Michael Jackson people knew how much money he gave away. When you see Dolly Parton people know how she cares for children. When you see Miley you see how she has organizations that help gay and trans kids. When you see Tina Turner people know how she stood up for women of domestic violence situations. When you see Rihanna you see how she stands up for visibility for all sorts of races. 

What does Taylor Swift stand for? What does she really represent the most? Let's be honest here: her self! And maybe the fans that worship her. That is why showing up to some of her fans' houses was a weird move to me. Like...it wasn't a sweepstakes. She stalked her favorite fans and then went to their houses. They get invited early to her house to hear her music based on how much they worship her. Does anyone not see this?

How this became a giant rant on taylor swift :triggered:

girl nobody is reading that

bionic

Young people try to minimize Madonna's impact because they weren't around for the peak(s) of it and frankly nobody except Gaga (and maybe Bey) have came close to recapturing the Madonna mania. Young people think Madonna is irrelevant because their context for a superstar is Camilla Cabello, Lana Del Rey, etc. 

buy bionic

Archived