Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonna tried so hard and failed. Why?

noa234

Featured Posts

agentprovocate
3 hours ago, noa234 said:

She did everything she could possibly do to destroy her legacy yet still 41 years later, her tour sold out in a matter of hours (with higher ticket prices than any Pop star), her compilation album of ancient and already existing remixes is constantly charting, and a Hard Candy demo went TT viral and is re-peaking on Spotify every day. 

For the longest time haters have been echoing the sentiment that Madonna had long destroyed her legacy and is completely forgotten & resorted to theater tours due to lack of demand. What happened?

madonna-vanity-fair_HP.jpg?quality=75&st

omg im sooooo so sorry ! I misunderstood everything..... omg please sorry

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
agentprovocate
23 minutes ago, Night Vision said:

Erm, you either didn't read the OP or you totally misunderstood it.

you are right!!!!  im so so so sorry ! idid not read the first part :-(

27monster27

Just a thought:

Michael Jackson, a man, got accused of being a sexual deviant towards minors and people said "this won't hurt his legacy". Madonna, a woman, made social media posts people didn't like and people say that her legacy is dying.

This says everything you need to know about misogyny.

he/him/his

Bc tbh despite everything she might do *now* she is a pop legend. She and Janet Jackson are the blueprint for modern pop. When you have as many undeniably great songs as Madonna plus the damn near untouchable like a prayer, regardless of if you think she’s cringe now, she’s the queen. I’m glad she’s leaning into rather than away from it now. It’s not a bad thing to lean into your age. I get why she resisted it bc it could feel like the ageist sexist dicks won out, but when you are a gold star decorated pop veteran/titan, honestly own that pedigree for what it is. You put in that work for your legacy, bask in it imo. It’s unmatched.

and also Madame x was great. People are way too focused on “perfect” albums but I kinda like when an album feels a bit…idk rough? It feels like a project; ideas being expressed. Madame X had a pov.

Agunimon
4 hours ago, ScreamQueen007 said:

What is the vision and statement of Madame X? 

Oh My God Omg GIF

Madame X is one of her best albums. So sad to see the pop fanbase miss that one. 

RichAssPiss

It's extremely common for artists who become irrelevant to the contemporary music scene to thrive when they lean into nostalgia, catalog releases, and greatest hits tours. The cynicism is that she ended her second run at the charts (Ray of Light, Music, Hard Candy) with mediocre and oddball choices. And she went from being a vital artist still having hits to someone banking on past successes. 

6 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

It's extremely common for artists who become irrelevant to the contemporary music scene to thrive when they lean into nostalgia, catalog releases, and greatest hits tours. The cynicism is that she ended her second run at the charts (Ray of Light, Music, Hard Candy) with mediocre and oddball choices. And she went from being a vital artist still having hits to someone banking on past successes. 

But why is an artist’s vitality only measured by further output? That’s a very capitalistic mindset which art doesn’t need to exist in. That’s my sticking point with people saying she’s a has been. It’s very narrow-minded to what art can be and, frankly, insulting to artists whose work is about expressing their pov and if it crosses over with commercial success then so be it. I think where she’s at now is not leaning into nostalgia which makes her sound done but taking a look at her extensive pioneering work and considering it in today’s context. Frankly, it’s the moment for that bc the girls today are all indebted to her 80s-90s work. Like Madonna isn’t irrelevant to the scene; a tour like this is happening bc of how insanely relevant her legacy is rn with the return of house, ballroom, dance music, disco, funk, all that. It doesn’t have to be her cranking out a new album for her to be relevant imo

Chromatography

the only way she could ruin her legacy if she went on some crazy racist rant, ala kanye

Anveeroy
4 hours ago, Meat said:

I mean Taylor Swift is one of the worst live performers and yet she’s about to have the biggest female tour of all time. If you have loyal fans, nothing can stop your selling power. Madonna can do anything she wants and her fans will still love her.

please dont you dare to compare Madonna to TS! Just dont!

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Space Cowboy
6 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

And there's nothing wrong with that I think? She is a legacy artist wether she likes it or not.

Future Lovers
10 hours ago, ScreamQueen007 said:

Can you name her music achievements that you speak of without actually looking them up? 
oprah winfrey GIF
Oprah No GIF

You can’t be serious 

ssslyboy
12 hours ago, noa234 said:

her compilation album of ancient and already existing remixes is constantly charting

Is it?  (I'm not asking sarcastically, I'm genuinely curious.)

12 hours ago, Anveeroy said:

please dont you dare to compare Madonna to TS! Just dont!

Taylor is Madonna’s only successor in terms of commercial value. They have a lot in common if you really think about it. Both are great album sellers, both are humongous touring acts, both are famous for songwriting and both tried hard to be accepted by Hollywood but didn’t get in.

Archived