💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

MTV: “ARTPOP foretold pop’s future”

Meat

Featured Posts

mgid:arc:imageassetref:mtv.com:97b3ccfb-

With the avant-garde album in 2013, Gaga sought to unite the pop and art worlds through electronic-inspired music and a Jeff Koons-crafted album coverjuxtaposing a nude sculpture of herself against Sandro Botticelli’s famed Renaissance painting The Birth of Venus. Despite its lofty ambitions, ARTPOPfailed to duplicate the massive commercial success of its predecessor, Born This Way. After its technicolor tracks fell off Gaga’s tour set lists and she later joked in a tongue-in-cheek tweet that she “[didn’t] remember ARTPOP,” it seemed Mother Monster had turned her back on the era altogether — until a 2021 fan-led campaign, inspired by Gaga’s promise of an unreleased second volume, thrust the record to No. 2 on iTunes. “We always believed it was ahead of its time,” she wrote in response to its resurgence. “Years later turns out, sometimes, artists know. And so do little monsters.”

Ahead of its time is right. In the decade since ARTPOP’s release, future-thinking subgenres like hyperpop and a house revival have all hit the mainstream. The album’s adrenaline rush of EDM, synthpop, and trap now reads less otherworldly than pioneering, though it’s not just a matter of evolving trends or an unreleased part two that has kept ARTPOP in the cultural conversation. The raw emotion and unabashed passion behind the project continue to strike a nerve with its creator as much as with her adoring fans.

Full article: https://www.mtv.com/news/8rpvs5/lady-gaga-ARTPOP-new-retro?fbclid=PAAaYqxGNf_Z25EFx8P2HM2MN6v9s6zeZY0CDmH_bUkaPEBapfyoavmxYa79Q

Also,

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ELECTROHEART

Yes it did :queenga:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

PatrickMonster

Omg Im so hyped for what she might do for the 10th anniversary! Releasing dwuw solo as DJWS suggested would be amazing tbh

ProfessionalClown

We’re def getting something for the 10th anniversary. I just know it. There’s too much wink wink nudge nudge to not have something at least decently big for us planned 

This part :fatcat:

Unfortunately, releasing a sequel is a complex equation of record-label logistics, according to DJ White Shadow, who has been one of the album’s most vocal supporters. “It’s literally putting up a fourth pyramid,” he said. “If it were only [Gaga, me, and the fans] involved, then we’d have ARTPOP Part 8.” 

According to DJ White Shadow, the track was “completely done” before Kelly’s inclusion, which was a last-minute decision both he and Gaga regret. “I wish we would’ve put the song out without him, because it was still my favorite song [on the album] without him,” he told MTV News. “Maybe for the 10-year, I’ll see if I can suggest resurrecting the demo for that one.”

hoeslay

Let's not get too deep into an ACT 2 hole haha. But yay!! I do think we can be optimistic about ~ yes ~ something fun will happen this year for the 10 year anniversary. 

1 minute ago, hoeslay said:

Let's not get too deep into an ACT 2 hole haha. But yay!! I do think we can be optimistic about ~ yes ~ something fun will happen this year for the 10 year anniversary. 

“If the fans want something, I would be very, very surprised if she doesn’t give them something,” [Nick] Monson said. “But don’t bombard the poor lady.”

11 minutes ago, doraemon said:

“If the fans want something, I would be very, very surprised if she doesn’t give them something,” [Nick] Monson said. “But don’t bombard the poor lady.”

The poor lady in question is busy promoting makeup and filming

keep on looking for Psyduck

Archived