Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

MTV: “ARTPOP foretold pop’s future”

Meat

Featured Posts

Starmie25

Whether you guys like it or not, ARTPOP is also DJWS' creation too, so he has all means to discuss the music.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow it’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on here! I’m baaaaaack

Minus the pain that Gaga went through at the beginning of it, the ARTPOP era will always be amazing. The music standing the test of time and just like the article said, ahead of its time! I loooove that album! Not holding my breath for Part II but this album and era will always hold a special place in my heart 💕 

16 hours ago, monketsharona said:

No shade to any Gaga producers because I totally respect all of them for all the good things they've done personally and creatively but almost none of them are that hot and trendy producers anymore. 

I mean RedOne while be being hitmaker kinda retired, DJWS's career as pop music producer never really had significant boost outside of Gaga, Fernando Garibay kind of vanished from music industry, Bloodpop's peak was in 2015 / 2017. Even Mark Ronson hasn't made big significant things since his own album in 2019 and Nothing Breaks Like A Heart success. 

And honestly I don't give a damn, I'll be always very opened to any of them working again with Gaga. 

Well, Garibay’s biggest heights were pre-Gaga. He had been a known entity well before her so him being less hot now kinda makes sense. You don’t always stick around like a Max Martin does

AnglerfishbraBENUS
17 hours ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

Those are both from Born This Way.

And yes....straight Tik Tok that hates on Gaga knows about R Kelly, Lina Morgana, and Marina Ambromavich (or at least they think they do) and their are some WILD things they say! 

you really came here to tell me Bloody Mary and Judas are on born this way lol 

people don’t associate ARTPOP with r kelly. just DWUW if they even know it. 

The zeitgeist is on Gaga’s side

YouCanSitWithUs
On 1/21/2023 at 1:51 PM, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

you really came here to tell me Bloody Mary and Judas are on born this way lol 

people don’t associate ARTPOP with r kelly. just DWUW if they even know it. 

The zeitgeist is on Gaga’s side

I think in general the zeitgeist is on Gaga's side...but....

it definitely could do some significant damage. 

Agunimon

Can someone who is not an ARTPOP stan objectively clarify to me what it is about ARTPOP that resonates to foretelling the future of pop? From what I can see, that is what Born This Way and The Fame Monster did more than anything. I found ARTPOP to be more in line with current music trends, especially the Zedd tracks, rather than anything that came after it. Whereas you can tell the influence Born This Way especially had in music to come.

TimotheeChalamet
1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

Can someone who is not an ARTPOP stan objectively clarify to me what it is about ARTPOP that resonates to foretelling the future of pop? From what I can see, that is what Born This Way and The Fame Monster did more than anything. I found ARTPOP to be more in line with current music trends, especially the Zedd tracks, rather than anything that came after it. Whereas you can tell the influence Born This Way especially had in music to come.

Nothing

Versace

Gurl we’re in the streaming era 

Releasing music is easier than ever 

I see no problem in releasing ACT 2 as an EP or an ARTPOP deluxe edition with 4-6 new songs that you can say is exclusive to iTunes, Spotify or Amazon music (you don’t need to create physicals even unless it sells really well then you can push for a Vinyl). 

Gaga and her team always be missing out on opportunities, I’m surprised her label don’t step in for these things For example a Blood Mary animated music video and ACT 2 on digital platforms is free money on the table.  

Ladle Ghoulash
On 1/20/2023 at 5:03 PM, HookerOnAChurch said:

I'm not asking for a whole ACT 2 but something like this would be very well appreciated: 

ARTPOP (THE TENTH ANNIVERSARY) 

Disc One (ARTPOP as we know, with the solo DWUW version) 

Disc Two: 

1. TEA (Previously Unreleased) 

2. Temple (Previously Unreleased) 

3. Brooklyn Nights (Previously Unreleased) 

4. Princess Die (Previously Unreleased)

5. Partynauseous (Demo)

6. In Like With You (Demo) 

7. Nothing on (But the Radio) DJWS Version

I would also love if they added Tinnitus and/or Onion Girl to disc two, but this would be ideal tbh

Smother Em Eh

Heck Yeah! It’s so exciting to think she will do something for the 10th anniversary 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived