Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

Obv Miranda Cosgrove is the only actress we need

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Catnikko
12 minutes ago, PartySick said:

As long as they don't paint an actor eggshell white and contour the nose to hell like other movies have.

Yeah i'm hoping they don't play his looks that extreme but i think in this day and age any major skin changes they potray will get eaten alive by the world so i assume they'll play it safe

Actual patient

Justin Timberlake aka the new MJ :ororomunroe:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Reginald

Not everyone naming actresses :toofunny:

I would say Ezra Miller kind of looks like him. But, also, I feel like someone black should obviously be cast as MJ. Tough role to fill! 

bionic
7 minutes ago, River said:

Justin Timberlake aka the new MJ :ororomunroe:

Has Michael not suffered enough

buy bionic

Reginald
6 minutes ago, insight said:

Bruno Mars

I could see that, with some clever editing. Bruno Mars is like half a foot shorter than MJ was, if I remember correctly 

Logistically, there's no way they could portray the way Michael's appearance changed over the years without sparking public outrage. Casting a white actor is out of the question of course, but by the same ticket, it would be insensitive to Michael's memory and for people with vitiligo to use makeup to replicate his changing complexion.

The only way I can see it working is if they focus on his early life, up to his success with Thriller, and him announcing that he was leaving the Jackson 5, bringing us up to the BAD era.

The movie will probably catch a lot of controversy regardless, so it's a bit of a minefield. 

PartySick
11 minutes ago, catsounds said:

Yeah i'm hoping they don't play his looks that extreme but i think in this day and age any major skin changes they potray will get eaten alive by the world so i assume they'll play it safe

They could just pull an MJ The Musical. Cast a black actor and leave his face alone. There's so much more to MJ's story than his nose and vitiligo tbh

đź–¤

bionic
Just now, Reginald said:

I could see that, with some clever editing. Bruno Mars is like half a foot shorter than MJ was, if I remember correctly 

and Puerto Rican

buy bionic

bionic
1 minute ago, Fiendman said:

Logistically, there's no way they could portray the way Michael's appearance changed over the years without sparking public outrage. Casting a white actor is out of the question of course, but by the same ticket, it would be insensitive to Michael's memory and for people with vitiligo to use makeup to replicate his changing complexion.

I kinda disagree. Hollywood uses makeup all the time to imitate skin conditions and the like

buy bionic

Catnikko
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

They could just pull an MJ The Musical. Cast a black actor and leave his face alone. There's so much more to MJ's story than his nose and vitiligo tbh

yeah i agree, although if done well i think they could really show the story of struggling with it and maybe give some insight to people that think he just wanted to be white

Actual patient

Just now, bionic said:

I kinda disagree. Hollywood uses makeup all the time to imitate skin conditions and the like

For a role as iconic as Michael, who had a condition like vitiligo, I feel like that's not going to fly. But just because I don't think it'll work doesn't mean they won't try - who knows, it could work out well for them. 

Archived