💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Bloody Mary to impact HAC Radio

Rifek

Featured Posts

Economy
41 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

But I think the other point is that pop radio is impacted on the 17th so two more days before we can expect it. 

Ok that's what I was asking in my comment. Cuz I thought top 40/pop impacted on the 10th for some reason 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nswain1110
1 hour ago, darkgaga said:

Why do they always impact so late. Why not same day as pop. And why is pop also only impacting now. The hype is dead…

Regarding the hype bring "dead" - I have to disagree. The momentum for the song is still rolling - popular songs stay in public consciousness for many months. Sometimes a year or longer. 

Also Radio is a separate and older audience than the much younger Tik Tok crowd who primarily stream. Tik Tok proved that the song can secure a steady audience in streaming. The song is stable in streaming and continues to pick up new listeners. Now the label is banking on further success with a new audience. It's not so much about "hype" as it is about capitalizing on a song that's popular with youth and "new" to older radio listeners. 

As far as waiting longer on HAC, the label wants as many HAC stations as possible to add BM on impact date. They have a better chance of that if it's already doing well on another format (Pop). 

Let's just be happy and grateful that an 11 year old album track is having all this success and label promotion. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

Debithius
1 hour ago, darkgaga said:

Why do they always impact so late. Why not same day as pop. And why is pop also only impacting now. The hype is dead…

2,2 million daily streams is dead?

Papergangstuh
29 minutes ago, nswain1110 said:

Let's just be happy and grateful that an 11 year old album track is having all this success and label promotion. 

They’ll do anything to complain, especially if they can blame Interscope or Bobby. 

Economy
47 minutes ago, Rifek said:

No, it means it is the day all stations get the full accesss to the song to play it 

How does the access work? Cuz I know some stations can play before impact date so how does impact date work exactly?

SevenWonder

It seems super consistent on streaming. Assuming it stays that way for the next few weeks, radio will def help rise on Billboard, right?

I want it to go Top 40 SO bad!!

Space Cowboy

I've heard it on sun radio in Austin last week, and they're kinda like an indie channel lol

ssslyboy
1 hour ago, Rifek said:

No, it means it is the day all stations get the full accesss to the song to play it 

This isn't true.  All radio stations already have "access" to anything they want to play.  The impact date is just the record company putting their stamp on a specific date so that it looks official, and to send a message to any stations that didn't get the memo, so to speak.  Radio does not have to wait for permission/access.  This is why the song was already Top 30 on Pop before the Pop impact date and already charting on Hot AC before that format's impact date.  That said, impact date should encourage stations that aren't spinning it yet to begin because it sends a clear signal that there is an official campaign beginning for the song.

4 minutes ago, ssslyboy said:

This isn't true.  All radio stations already have "access" to anything they want to play.  The impact date is just the record company putting their stamp on a specific date so that it looks official, and to send a message to any stations that didn't get the memo, so to speak.  Radio does not have to wait for permission/access.  This is why the song was already Top 30 on Pop before the Pop impact date and already charting on Hot AC before that format's impact date.  That said, impact date should encourage stations that aren't spinning it yet to begin because it sends a clear signal that there is an official campaign beginning for the song.

So can we expect it to become a hit or not?

darkgaga
2 hours ago, Debithius said:

2,2 million daily streams is dead?

Okay. It is not dead. But the peak was around Christmas. I understand why it didnt impact then, but why not already the first week of 2023? I just dont get that, and I have the feeling the momentum is lost a bit already. Stil 2.2 M for an 11 year old song is amazing, dont get me wrong

StarstruckIllusion
2 hours ago, Rifek said:

why is there restricted access in the first place?

EDIT: nvm Rifek lied

Economy
4 hours ago, Economy said:

Pop radio still isn't playing it at all here in Toronto...

Not even Kiss 92.5 and they are her most supportive major radio station :triggered:

@Creyk u yazzed this :neyde:

Archived