Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

VELMA's debut score on Rotten Tomatoes

COOOK

Featured Posts

TheSine
9 hours ago, Railing said:

You know this is a show that has been remade countless times and will continue to be forever :rip: The original show only lasted 2 seasons before having multiple reworks in the 70s and 80s. And almost every series iteration starting with "13 Ghosts" in 1985, as well as the live action films, etc. have been total reboots with their own ideas for the characters.

It's been remade with its original characters...with their original personalities.

EDIT: This one doesn't even have scooby!!! :laughga:

🖤TheSine🖤

Railing
1 hour ago, TheSine said:

It's been remade with its original characters...with their original personalities.

EDIT: This one doesn't even have scooby!!! :laughga:

But their personalities aren't even that distinct in the original show, I feel like the most common ideas of "This is who Velma is and this is who Daphne is and bla bla bla" are based on reboots and revivals. Most iterations do their own things with the characters and formula. Some of the most notable examples being:

• In 13 Ghosts, Fred and Velma do not exist and are replaced with 2 new characters
• In the 2002/04 films, Fred is reworked to be an airhead/narcissist whilst Daphne is a little sassy and has martial arts skills + Velma's a fair bit more anxious/insecure. In the biggest personality change, Scrappy is an evil egomaniac set on world domination
• Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated starts off portraying Velma as a snarky possessive/controlling girlfriend, and Fred is a bit of a himbo obsessed with building traps
• In Daphne & Velma, only the 2 titular characters exist, their personalities are a bit different, and they solve a mystery as a duo rather than part of a larger group
• In Be Cool Scooby-Doo, Daphne has an entirely different personality, she's a bit of a weirdo leaning into "lol random" humor and has a new obsession/hobby in each episode (i.e. puppets)

On 1/18/2023 at 4:24 AM, Staryu17 said:

Too ahead of its time 

lmao i had the DVD and this was a deleted scene :air:

I saw a lot of people on twitter say it was made specifically with the "bad press is still press" idea, trying to be controversial and make people talk about it to make more money lol 

Agunimon
On 1/17/2023 at 11:24 PM, Staryu17 said:

Too ahead of its time 

I LOVED this movie as a kid.

Archived