💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Popgirlfans not happy with Naatu Naatu win...why?

Vicks

Featured Posts

Future Lovers
20 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

We are not talking about the oscars here tho, we are talking GG not oscars. Also no the Gold Derby Odds are critics odds, nothing based on how much awards someone has. Naatu Naatu was definitely a surprise win at the GG. Naatu Naatu rose in the oscar odds because of their GG win. They tend to award different people tho so Gaga isn’t out of the run, but it’s definitely more competitive now

But this is why GoldDerby is often not the best source for what is actually favored early into award season which is where these odds originate. GoldDerby odds are based off of a very wide net of analysts and their predictions at various stages of the season. In these early stages, predictions are going to skew for the "populace choices" which are going to be the films and the songs that had the widest amount of exposure either via box office, festival success, or public conversation.

Once the award season actually gets into the swing of things, you'll see how much they adjust. They this early can only take guesses, to treat it as gospel is going to lead to disappointment. They can't get into the heads of the voting bodies until they start to see trends picking up in the award circuit. Until then, you just see the biggest names leading. 

The fact that NN was at all sitting anywhere near HMH, LMU, and Carolina speaks to how strong of a competitor it's been viewed as from the start. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SwissMonster
6 hours ago, Mr Mendes said:

But this is why GoldDerby is often not the best source for what is actually favored early into award season which is where these odds originate. GoldDerby odds are based off of a very wide net of analysts and their predictions at various stages of the season. In these early stages, predictions are going to skew for the "populace choices" which are going to be the films and the songs that had the widest amount of exposure either via box office, festival success, or public conversation.

Once the award season actually gets into the swing of things, you'll see how much they adjust. They this early can only take guesses, to treat it as gospel is going to lead to disappointment. They can't get into the heads of the voting bodies until they start to see trends picking up in the award circuit. Until then, you just see the biggest names leading. 

The fact that NN was at all sitting anywhere near HMH, LMU, and Carolina speaks to how strong of a competitor it's been viewed as from the start. 

Yeah I never said the opposite, actually I did say its more competitive now. I was just quoting the user who said Naatu Naatu was the favorite to win in the odds, which was untrue. Not saying the odds are accurate, especially at this early stage.

SwissMonsterÂźïž - Creating controversy since 1999

StrawberryBlond

I've only just realised upon finally hearing this song that it's the same one that's been selected for my Bollywood class's new routine! I looked at the translated lyrics and I have to say, it's a fun dance song, but it certainly isn't a feat of songwriting. I always think that for a song to win at such a prestigious awards show, it must really be well-written. Hold My Hand and Carolina definitely are better written and seem more like the sort of thing that wins these awards. I also think they were the only real stand-outs in terms of movie songs this year. I don't know, it seems like it was a very low competitive year so that's why we got the nominations we did. This win is a big surprise but the GG's can be one for surprising picks whereas the Oscars keep things a bit more classic. The accolades for the song have been updated on Wikipedia now and it turns out its won a few so it's strange that it looked as if it hadn't even been nominated until now. So far as I can see, opinions about the best songs are all over the place right now and there's no clear winner.

Archived