Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Popgirlfans not happy with Naatu Naatu win...why?

Vicks

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO

It’s giving racism when Rihanna, a POC, lost? 

yeah, there are a few racists hating on the situation (I even called one out on this very site for it) but the majority of pop fans are mad because they’re childish and want their fave to win, nothing to do with racism. Minus those few ássholes that were being obnoxiously racist about it. But not the majority, that’s a maturity issue not a race one. 

SwissMonster
2 hours ago, Glojuice said:

It’s not a wildcard win though. If the pop girl fans stopped living in their bubble they would know Naatu Naatu has been leading the odds for a while.

Hold My Hand was clearly leading the Golden Globe odds. Naatu Naatu was third, with a huge gap. So don’t know what bubble you speak off?

0-D10-ED8-B-3723-4-D07-A564-28-FC2-CAC6-

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

alsemanche
5 hours ago, Vicks said:

the colonisers finally getting defeated by the colonized

It's getting weird :rip:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

I mean... The song itself isn't really good :ohwell: (it's a little bit catchy but I heard it 4 times and it became annoying :wtfga:), the scene where it's featured, tho... :bon:

Also, as much as I love Hold My Hand, it wasn't strong enough so I didn't expect it to win... :fatcat: Carolina and Lift Me Up were weak too :bear:

1 hour ago, SwissMonster said:

Hold My Hand was clearly leading the Golden Globe odds. Naatu Naatu was third, with a huge gap. So don’t know what bubble you speak off?

0-D10-ED8-B-3723-4-D07-A564-28-FC2-CAC6-

Check out the Oscar odds. The GG odds were based on Gaga having multiple awards at GG but it’s obvious the momentum for the Oscars is with Naatu (Gagas at 3 for the Oscar odds)

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, Glojuice said:

Check out the Oscar odds. The GG odds were based on Gaga having multiple awards at GG but it’s obvious the momentum for the Oscars is with Naatu (Gagas at 3 for the Oscar odds)

We are not talking about the oscars here tho, we are talking GG not oscars. Also no the Gold Derby Odds are critics odds, nothing based on how much awards someone has. Naatu Naatu was definitely a surprise win at the GG. Naatu Naatu rose in the oscar odds because of their GG win. They tend to award different people tho so Gaga isn’t out of the run, but it’s definitely more competitive now

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

3 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

We are not talking about the oscars here tho, we are talking GG not oscars. Also no the Gold Derby Odds are critics odds, nothing based on how much awards someone has. Naatu Naatu was definitely a surprise win at the GG. Naatu Naatu rose in the oscar odds because of their GG win. They tend to award different people tho so Gaga isn’t out of the run, but it’s definitely more competitive now

Mate you are debating the wrong person, I closely follow the awards even when Gaga is not competitive. It’s pointless looking at individual award odds instead of the Oscars as most of the derby voters just vote for the Oscars and generally ignore the others. Secondly voters look at the GGs as a more showy award show that pick bigger stars and Gaga has a good track record, which is why in only the GGs she was at the top of the odds.

Thirdly, you are lying about Naatu Naatu increasing in the odds. It’s been 1 for a few days and prior to that it was 2, Rihanna 1 and Gaga 3. Gold derby odds rarely fluctuate immediately as it requires thousands of voters to update their votes which doesn’t happen very quickly. 

CAPRISONGS
14 hours ago, Hold My Ham said:

because not everyone here sucks her toes and worships her farts

then leave. ur the reason she hates us

hieronymus
33 minutes ago, CAPRISONGS said:

then leave. ur the reason she hates us

no and no :rockstar:

JohnnyVersace

Tbh I'd be mad if they gave it to Rihanna since she showed up. 

Lift Me Up is really.......something :volantis:

22 hours ago, Glojuice said:

It’s not a wildcard win though. If the pop girl fans stopped living in their bubble they would know Naatu Naatu has been leading the odds for a while. It’s a great song and is a well deserved award.

If you see it within the context of the film you would know how it stands out (I personally didn’t like the movie though, the Gandhi erasure by Hindu nationalists is unsettling) 

I have been following the standings for months and seen RRR, and still think that the award should have gone to Lift Me Up (which actually brought me to tears in the theater).

Archived