achievement

Bloody Mary to debut on the Billboard Hot 100

Kimmo

Featured Posts

berlinforme
42 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Can you? 'Cause I can't :messga:

Well... maybe it's me. Hi. I'm the problem. :haroon:

Tbf it's arguably easier if you're not in the US. Though I think it might also be because Taylor never had any big or controversial scandals. The awards thing was more about Kanye and besides that it was mostly rather gossip like 'oh she dates so many different men'. No meat dress, Judas or broken hip. Also, no Fox News segments about her satanism and how she corrupts the youth. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RochestrMonstr
1 minute ago, berlinforme said:

Well... maybe it's me. Hi. I'm the problem. :haroon:

Tbf it's arguably easier if you're not in the US. Though I think it might also be because Taylor never had any big or controversial scandals. The awards thing was more about Kanye and besides that it was mostly rather gossip like 'oh she dates so many different men'. No meat dress, Judas or broken hip. Also, no Fox News segments about her satanism and how she corrupts the youth. 

I think were right about how if you aren’t a Taylor fan (and aren’t on pop culture websites) it’s very possible to ignore Taylor’s existence. 

Gaga was so talked about in 2011 that even if you wanted to get away from her it was impossible. That was why I agreed when she did her “media blackout” at the end of 2011 

It’s the bubbling under .. I feel like her and her team are screwing this us by not releasing their own sped up version 

AnglerfishbraBENUS
10 hours ago, Bradley said:

I somewhat agree. I think You and I is a great song that showcases the versatility of her (and the BTW album) but her aesthetic was high fashion and alien haute couture at that time and a country-influenced song wasn't exactly complementing the fashion.

Gaga is a terrific ballad singer but it wasn't until Joanne and ASIB when she toned down her 'crazy fashion' that her ballads really resonated with people. ScheiBe would've been an amazing choice.

actually You and I was a perfect single choice imo. it should have realistically been the second or third single (on album release) because it went number 1 on itunes and would have been an easy #1. everyone had been anticipating it since she sang it for like 3 years on tour lol

Ladle Ghoulash
7 hours ago, PartySick said:

I'm so confused by the "she was overexposed" thing.

Taylor Swift is literally everywhere right now and it's doing nothing but boosting her so why would popularity hurt Gaga in 2011? Actually, why is Gaga the only artist that seems to be hurt by popularity?

Genuine question :hmm:

Taylor Swift is nowhere near as polarizing. Gaga being overexposed in 2011 had everything to do with her increasingly shocking/avant garde image, coupled with her becoming more vocal about social activism. 

monstertoronto
On 1/4/2023 at 1:53 PM, deactivated001 said:

Taylor Swift is nowhere near as polarizing. Gaga being overexposed in 2011 had everything to do with her increasingly shocking/avant garde image, coupled with her becoming more vocal about social activism. 

That’s exactly it. Gaga was a phenom partly because she was so inescapable but also because she did it while being so outside the norm and constantly pushing envelopes. When I went to TMB version 1, it was already a big mix of fans but it was largely the fans with tons of people dressed up in crazy looks and a lot of the gheys. By the time I saw TMB 2.0, she had broken through the mainstream and the crowd was filled with middle aged people and soccer moms and the type of crowd you typically would see for acts that have been around for years and years already.  I remember thinking it was so remarkable that all these straight GP people were sitting there watching interstitial videos of Gaga with tentatcles coming out of her mouth or vomiting or smoking wearing hardcore bondage headgear. I was amazed at how she managed to become mainstream while maintaining her left field vision. Taylor is an example of someone courting the same mainstream audience but offering absolutely no edge to bump against. 

Archived