1. 1. I am...

• Gryffindor
    • Hufflepuff
    • Ravenclaw
    • Slytherin

Featured Posts

Bowman
1 hour ago, COOOK said:

Hey, did you get it? What are your thoughts about it and where are you in the story? :enigma:

Hey! i haven’t bought it yet as i’ve been quite busy recently with work  :messga: i was thinking i’ll get it later today as i’m free :enigma:

How are you finding it? 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • YAAAS 1

COOOK
Just now, Bowman said:

Hey! i haven’t bought it yet as i’ve been quite busy recently with work  :messga: i was thinking i’ll get it later today as i’m free :enigma:

How are you finding it? 

Just like I imagined it to be :enigma: I recently finished the main story and I'm now on side quests, collectibles, perfecting my Room of Requirement... taking my time and stretching my experience with it as much as I can while still enjoying it

Head Empty

I'm still progressing the story, even though I already have 50 hours of playtime :laughga:. Loving the exploration and some of the side-characters, but I have one big complaint:

I think the main character is pretty bland/annoying at times, and the masculine voice actor doesn't convince me at all. I know they did this so that players can self-insert, but to me it makes the character very unrelatable and fake. Especially since you're pretty much forced into killing tons of people/creatures and breaking into their homes, without it having any moral repercussions :motherofpuppies:. This is especially clear when:

(spoiler warnings for the second half of the game)

Spoiler

You have to go into the Goblin mine with the Ravenclaw who speaks Gobbledigook. He's getting traumatized left and right because he had no clue what he was getting dragged into, and the main character is just like "Oh you'll be fine, this isn't the first time I've massacred goblins :anveeroy:"

And in terms of atmosphere :

Spoiler

I wish there was more content like the Professor Black polyjuice potion segment. When the main character transformed into Professor Black, they suddenly get a personality and start having fun with their surroundings. It really captures the atmosphere Hogwarts as a community, rather than just a building.

On 3/7/2023 at 4:37 AM, River said:

I honestly don't have a clue how tf the switch will handle this game, it's packed with assets.

it's another proof that a new stronger switch is coming before HL switch release

Nope winter 

Bowman
1 hour ago, COOOK said:

Just like I imagined it to be :enigma: I recently finished the main story and I'm now on side quests, collectibles, perfecting my Room of Requirement... taking my time and stretching my experience with it as much as I can while still enjoying it

oh wow :flutter: go you! it sounds so fun! i’m glad you’re taking your time on it and making the most out of it :enigma: 

i literally can’t wait to explore everything on this game :legend:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Love 1

TortureMeOnReplay
2 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I'm still progressing the story, even though I already have 50 hours of playtime :laughga:. Loving the exploration and some of the side-characters, but I have one big complaint:

I think the main character is pretty bland/annoying at times, and the masculine voice actor doesn't convince me at all. I know they did this so that players can self-insert, but to me it makes the character very unrelatable and fake. Especially since you're pretty much forced into killing tons of people/creatures and breaking into their homes, without it having any moral repercussions :motherofpuppies:. This is especially clear when:

(spoiler warnings for the second half of the game)

Reveal hidden contents

You have to go into the Goblin mine with the Ravenclaw who speaks Gobbledigook. He's getting traumatized left and right because he had no clue what he was getting dragged into, and the main character is just like "Oh you'll be fine, this isn't the first time I've massacred goblins :anveeroy:"

And in terms of atmosphere :

Reveal hidden contents

I wish there was more content like the Professor Black polyjuice potion segment. When the main character transformed into Professor Black, they suddenly get a personality and start having fun with their surroundings. It really captures the atmosphere Hogwarts as a community, rather than just a building.

I feel like the self-insert aspect of the game was a cheap ticket out of whatever happened that changed certain aspects of the game. The announcement trailer seemed to show a slightly different story centered around a different antagonist. My guess is that the story was based around the man with the skull mask but they headed a different direction and just ended up with poachers. Which explains the dual story aspect and the overall weaker story. 

River

THAT'S IT

Platinumed the game!!!

FINISHED

DONE

now to start another game lol

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • YAAAS 4

Cameltoe Chariot
5 minutes ago, River said:

THAT'S IT

Platinumed the game!!!

FINISHED

DONE

now to start another game lol

I just have to

Spoiler

find the map room as the 3 other houses

and finish my collectibles and then I’ll be platinum too :ororomunroe:

• YAAAS 1

Roronoa

I started reading Harry Potter again. It’s too good. :kry: Harry (book Harry not Daniel Radcliffe) is my favorite character. 

River
46 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I just have to

Hide contents

find the map room as the 3 other houses

and finish my collectibles and then I’ll be platinum too :ororomunroe:

the collectibles are a pain I search for like half day and then 2 were in the beast vavavroom

• Shook 1

bionic

i have made it to my first hogesmead trip and let me tell you... i have a gaming pc with good specs but the game runs like ass any time there's ANY user input into the game (i.e. casting spells). it will run terribly on the switch lmao

also maybe 1 in 3 times i start the game up my character clips through the map for all eternity. can't quick travel OR return to menu so have to force quit game, relaunch, reload from a previous saved point and hope it doesn't happen there

buy bionic

River
26 minutes ago, bionic said:

i have made it to my first hogesmead trip and let me tell you... i have a gaming pc with good specs but the game runs like ass any time there's ANY user input into the game (i.e. casting spells). it will run terribly on the switch lmao

also maybe 1 in 3 times i start the game up my character clips through the map for all eternity. can't quick travel OR return to menu so have to force quit game, relaunch, reload from a previous saved point and hope it doesn't happen there

pc has many glitches because the game was made for ps5 and only then they ported it to everything else

I believe that there is a mode that fixes many things

bionic
Just now, River said:

pc has many glitches because the game was made for ps5 and only then they ported it to everything else

I believe that there is a mode that fixes many things

seems bad optimisation or whatever you call the platform transition lol

i refuse to buy more ps5 games because i barely touch the thing

buy bionic

• 7 months later...
Auralegends

For all the people that haven't played it because they only play on Nintendo Switch (me)

Nintendo released a trailer with footage captured from Switch. I think it looks ok?

• Shook 1

16 minutes ago, Auralegends said:

For all the people that haven't played it because they only play on Nintendo Switch (me)

Nintendo released a trailer with footage captured from Switch. I think it looks ok?

It looks less impressive than the next gen release I would say, it kind of reminds me of how Skyrim was for the ps3.

But still impressive that they managed to bring this game to the switch though, so if you only have switch, it's a good port.

Rumors says that they will release a switch 2 free patch later and bring the graphics to ps4 pro level

• Love 1