💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

New Avatar (ATLA / TLOK) series and movies 2025+

Eido

Featured Posts

TortureMeOnReplay

It makes sense chronologically to do it this way, but skipping the earthbender and going to fire nation for the next story would have been more interesting imo. Having been the agressors in the 100 year war, I think it would have been an interesting story to follow someone within their upbringing. To see what parts of their culture stuck around and what cultures evolved, with fire nation always having the most discipline and strict tradition. There could have been a lot of social commentary regarding real world events, including Germany post WW2 and slavery/colonialism with the English and Americans. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, badfaith said:

Definitely watch TLOK. From what I remember, the city scenes are mostly in S1, and the rest are scattered throughout and even then, it's like 1920's era mixed with steampunk aesthetics. The bending I would say is the biggest change, more refined, efficient and quick, compared to the ATLA's more traditional movements. They also made it a sport and it is honestly the only sport I would watch.

There is actually a VR game called Rumble which is an awesome earthbending game and they make use of TLOK's pro-bending. 

Yeah 1920's mixed with steampunk isn't really my favorite aesthetic tbh. However, I bought the complete TLOK series on dvd years ago, just in case. (It wasn't on Netflix back then) So I will definitely watch it someday.

LateToCult
1 minute ago, Economy said:

My flop ass for a moment thought it was a series based on avatar movie :lmao:

Ew. Shame on you for confusing THE AVATAR with blue people movie. :ladyhaha:

ALittleMonsta

AVATAR is factually the best series ever known to man and woman.
EDIT: and non binaries too, I would never forget about you!!! :heart:

AnglerfishbraBENUS
4 hours ago, holy scheisse said:
  Hide contents

in the legend of korra (the sequel series to the first one), Avatar Korra opens the portal to the spirit worlds and it brings back balance to the world and people suddenly start developing air bending abilities. Season 3-4 focus partly on rebuilding the air nation 

Korra is the successor to Aang, water bending avatar that came after him. this series will be about whoever the earth bending avatar is after korra!

thank you! i had no idea there was a new avatar!

I'm kinda sad having to let go of Korra and her team (even though one of the film will be focusing on them) 

But looking forward for the new Avatar being an eartbender jock addicted to tiktok :huntyga:

And seriously I am really looking forward for this new Avatar to see how he(or she) will handle the new cycle Raava and Korra started (since the connection broke and she lost all her previous lives)

holy scheisse
14 minutes ago, Eido said:

I'm kinda sad having to let go of Korra and her team (even though one of the film will be focusing on them) 

But looking forward for the new Avatar being an eartbender jock addicted to tiktok :huntyga:

And seriously I am really looking forward for this new Avatar to see how he(or she) will handle the new cycle Raava and Korra started (since the connection broke and she lost all her previous lives)

Maybe if we’re lucky we’ll get to see silver daddy bolín or mako :ally:

2 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Maybe if we’re lucky we’ll get to see silver daddy bolín or mako :ally:

😈

6 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

It makes sense chronologically to do it this way, but skipping the earthbender and going to fire nation for the next story would have been more interesting imo. Having been the agressors in the 100 year war, I think it would have been an interesting story to follow someone within their upbringing. To see what parts of their culture stuck around and what cultures evolved, with fire nation always having the most discipline and strict tradition. There could have been a lot of social commentary regarding real world events, including Germany post WW2 and slavery/colonialism with the English and Americans. 

Well, those wouldn’t be the commentary bc they mostly pull from eastern history not western. The Fire Nation is most similar to an industrializing Japan (as we saw it in ATLA) so what we’d have seen in the way of commentary would be more likely to do with post-WW2 Japan or something like that. But eh I don’t think that that’s super interesting to do at this point bc if they skipped the earth avatar to get there you’d have, what, 270-300ish years since the 100 Year War ended. Since the world has gone through such enormous booms of tech and modernization in that time, I don’t really think that we’d be able to get that commentary you’re talking about from an avatar. That said, I’d love to see them use this new series as a chance to observe tech and it’s role and try to return and bring back some of the old traditions to better care for the earth. I think as we see from TLoK, they’re pretty wantonly wasteful and a natural response to industrialization is a turning back towards nature and older tradition 

3 hours ago, Galvon said:

Yeah 1920's mixed with steampunk isn't really my favorite aesthetic tbh. However, I bought the complete TLOK series on dvd years ago, just in case. (It wasn't on Netflix back then) So I will definitely watch it someday.

It’s not mine either but it definitely infuses quite a bit of the world you know and love into this one :) it’s a tighter story so less exploring around for extended periods but still really great especially seasons 3 and 4. ATLA quality honestly.

My one wish of this series is we see more of the world. I felt like we saw so little of the world in Korra bc they flew everywhere in airships and such and went to specific sites then left said sites back to republic city that we didn’t get a real sense of what the world was like now.

so I hope in this one we get some room to breathe in the world we’re walking into :) 

10 hours ago, River said:

please be gay plz be gay :bradley:

they owe us a better lgbtq+ love story:grr:

Korra and Asami were a lesbian couple in the comics after season 4

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

• Eido changed the title to New Avatar (ATLA / TLOK) series and movies 2025+

Archived