💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Oscars: "Hold My Hand" shortlisted

Dennis

Featured Posts

Oh thought this meant good my hand isnt considered

was ready for the comment:guess oscars decides to not hold gands.

applause?????

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

Good. :heart:

Feels so weird not feeling super excited about all this stuff and just..pleased. Happy for her of course, but feels different now that's she's already won this award. I remember being hyped with every little award she won back in like, 2015, lol.

Though, if she doesn't get nominated watch me be serving this:

😆

DoremonLove

Deserves. :party:hope it makes it into nominations. Im keeping ny expectations very very low:laughga:

How can anoyone not love gaga

ScreamQueen007
18 hours ago, Meat said:

That’s Diane Warren’s song. She has a fixed spot at the Oscars. 

Fixed spot? Till It Happens to You was nominated but didn’t win. Lost to Sam Smith :wtfga:

Born This Way
18 hours ago, Meat said:

I ain’t worried and Vegas were disqualified for the use of a sample 

I love Doja but yay less competition for Gaga.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

25 minutes ago, ScreamQueen007 said:

Fixed spot? Till It Happens to You was nominated but didn’t win. Lost to Sam Smith :wtfga:

Fixed spot for a nomination. She gets one every year.

How come Avatar 2 can be nominated if it premiered like, yesterday? 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

James Gibson
8 minutes ago, Red said:

How come Avatar 2 can be nominated if it premiered like, yesterday? 

Every movie released till december 31st is eligible.

In this case, the studio send the filme privately to academy members before so they can vote for the shortlists.

StrawberryBlond

Good to see. It appears to be a real front-runner and is definitely one of the most recognisable on the list which is always a good omen for winning. Let's not pretend that its long been rumoured that the academy don't properly listen to all the songs, they just prefer to go for the biggest hit that they know. But we know that when Shallow won, they were doing it for artistic merit as well, so it's one thing Gaga will have in her favour going into this.

On 12/21/2022 at 9:16 PM, andy232000 said:

The song is too old. They nominated "Dos Orugitas" last year from Encanto and they cannot send more than one song for competition. They ****ed up real good not sending Bruno lol

I couldn't even remember this being nominated last year, which really shows how anything to do with the movie really took off this year. Disney must forever look at this moment as a real missed opportunity, likely not believing that Bruno stood any chance and didn't even envision it becoming the hit it did. It didn't even occur to me until this happened that some movies send a more Oscar-baity song upon the film's release only to have another unexpected one from the soundtrack become a hit further down the line.

andy232000
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Good to see. It appears to be a real front-runner and is definitely one of the most recognisable on the list which is always a good omen for winning. Let's not pretend that its long been rumoured that the academy don't properly listen to all the songs, they just prefer to go for the biggest hit that they know. But we know that when Shallow won, they were doing it for artistic merit as well, so it's one thing Gaga will have in her favour going into this.

I couldn't even remember this being nominated last year, which really shows how anything to do with the movie really took off this year. Disney must forever look at this moment as a real missed opportunity, likely not believing that Bruno stood any chance and didn't even envision it becoming the hit it did. It didn't even occur to me until this happened that some movies send a more Oscar-baity song upon the film's release only to have another unexpected one from the soundtrack become a hit further down the line.

From what I remember they did have to chose between Bruno and Dos Orugitas, but they decided the latter was a more faithful representation of Colombia and the meaning of the movie. Bruno was just the bop that got famous. But if you ask me, they probably ****ed up and did not imagine that Bruno would be THAT big.

Archived