Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Henry Cavill says he is no longer returning as Superman

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the rumours about Gunn not (liking) wanting Gal and him in the DCEU anymore were true!

And he quit The Witcher for it? :ohwell:

I mean he was after the money probably and well... Karma 

Edit : I just saw that the new Superman is written by Gunn himself and has been for a while. So he knew for a while that he didn't want Henry to come back for this role and yet he along with DC said yes to include the post credit scene in Black Adam and announce Henry's return as superman. 

I mean... How do you really think people were going to react? Or even trust v2 of DCEU? 

I'd be Henry I would sue them. Unless he hadn't sign a contract and in which case, fire your team, dude.

RAMROD
13 minutes ago, Eido said:

yet he along with DC said yes to include the post credit scene in Black Adam and announce Henry's return as superman. 

Unless he hadn't sign a contract and in which case, fire your team, dude.

Gunn have no role in saying yes to his cameo, that's all The Rock and Warner and it was very last minute cis Rock want to use Synder stans to support his Black Adam movie to no avail.

And when he announces returns as Supees, he still not signed any contract, but for that BA cameo. It's on Hollwood Reporter articles few weeks ago. You missing out alot my dude.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Gunn have no role in saying yes to his cameo, that's all The Rock and Warner and it was very last minute cis Rock want to use Synder stans to support his Black Adam movie to no avail.

And when he announces returns as Supees, he still not signed any contract, but for that BA cameo. It's on Hollwood Reporter articles few weeks ago. You missing out alot my dude.

Gunn was already aware for quite some time about what was happening with the DCEU, as he was also writing the next superman movie and being hired as the new head of the DCEU. It didn't happen overnight

I highly doubt that the different heads of DC and Warner didn't realize the implications of shooting that scene. Especially Gunn. And yes, just like Feige, as manager he can say yes or no. 

The only thing I'll give him is that he hadn't presented the full idea he had for his version of the DCEU yet. But still he could (should?) have said something. But Henry didn't sign anything so it's really dumb on his end. 

20 minutes ago, Eido said:

Gunn was already aware for quite some time about what was happening with the DCEU, as he was also writing the next superman movie and being hired as the new head of the DCEU. It didn't happen overnight

I highly doubt that the different heads of DC and Warner didn't realize the implications of shooting that scene. Especially Gunn. And yes, just like Feige, as manager he can say yes or no. 

The only thing I'll give him is that he hadn't presented the full idea he had for his version of the DCEU yet. But still he could (should?) have said something. But Henry didn't sign anything so it's really dumb on his end. 

But didn't Gunn only become the new head of DCEU after Black Adam?

RAMROD
26 minutes ago, Eido said:

4 minutes ago, Monet said:

But didn't Gunn only become the new head of DCEU after Black Adam?

Exactly. Gunn did not have the power until. So impossible for him have a say in it during this time. 

Reality

This actually makes me very excited!

Look, I think Henry Cavill was actually a fine Superman, but the DCEU is in such a mess right now that they need a hard reset. Imo the two best DC movies in recent years have been The Batman and Joker, which are both outside of the DCEU. Aside from the first Wonder Woman, The Suicide Squad (James Gunn's version), and maaaybe Birds of Prey, I think all the other DCEU movies were mediocre or worse. The "will they/won't they" Warner Bros has been doing with the Snyderverse has been so annoying and honestly at this point, I'd rather them just start from scratch instead of trying to salvage pieces of a broken universe.

The news here is bigger than Henry Cavill not being Superman. This is gonna be a new DCEU and that's a good thing. Of course, we'll have to see how these new movies turn out, but doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. 

DC characters/stories are just as strong, if not stronger, than Marvel. Their movies should reflect that.

🃏🖤👹

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Reality said:

This actually makes me very excited!

Look, I think Henry Cavill was actually a fine Superman, but the DCEU is in such a mess right now that they need a hard reset. Imo the two best DC movies in recent years have been The Batman and Joker, which are both outside of the DCEU. Aside from the first Wonder Woman, The Suicide Squad (James Gunn's version), and maaaybe Birds of Prey, I think all the other DCEU movies were mediocre or worse. The "will they/won't they" Warner Bros has been doing with the Snyderverse has been so annoying and honestly at this point, I'd rather them just start from scratch instead of trying to salvage pieces of a broken universe.

The news here is bigger than Henry Cavill not being Superman. This is gonna be a new DCEU and that's a good thing. Of course, we'll have to see how these new movies turn out, but doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. 

DC characters/stories are just as strong, if not stronger, than Marvel. Their movies should reflect that.

Honestly, can't be better.

That Synder verse need to die already, it becomes very corrosive. And people, although they seldom wants to admit it, are tired of the dramas at this point. Gunn clearly understood, he need to take this tough decision for a better, hopefully, DC future. Purge everything and everyone, Gadot WW, Cavill Supes, Batfleck, Momoa Aquaman, Ezra Flash, and Margot Harley Quinn, and build a new one from scratch. 

Reality
11 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Honestly, can't be better.

That Synder verse need to die already, it becomes very corrosive. And people, although they seldom wants to admit it, are tired of the dramas at this point. Gunn clearly understood, he need to take this tough decision for a better, hopefully, DC future. Purge everything and everyone, Gadot WW, Cavill Supes, Batfleck, Momoa Aquaman, Ezra Flash, and Margot Harley Quinn, and build a new one from scratch. 

I'm interested to see what'll happen to Peacemaker, Margot's Harley, and the rest of the Suicide Squad. Cause like, they're in the same universe but they're also Gunn's creations. He'll probably end the iterations of those characters too, but I just wonder how it would feel to create something and have it essentially be all for nothing now.

🃏🖤👹

Shipper
3 hours ago, Monet said:

Jesus Christ, he left The Witcher because he was returning, and now he isn't. 

Well he left Witcher cause Netflix did not follow the story to the T like he wanted. That was always one of his condition when he was casted, but as usual, Netflix wants to make it different and butchered it. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Shipper
3 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

Damn I'm p!ssed. He was so happy to be back as Superman and now this. Mess. Apparently James Gunn is now working on an early life movie of Superman so the new actor has to be younger. Ageism. :air:

That didnt stop people from Disney hiring Harrison Ford for the new Indiana Jones movie and they de-aged him using CGI. 🫠

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Archived