Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Talking "Bloody Mary" with DJWS & Clinton Sparks

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

58 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

My understanding is that 'Bloody Mary' was a fake title on a fanmade Fame Monster tracklist and that's where the confusion came from :oops:

Clearly the fan was on the same wavelength as Gaga back then I guess :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, NATAH said:

i loved this! what a lovely surprise!

so what about Bloody Mary originally being a song for TFM then? is that fake or was it only in the written stages at the time?

BM RedOne version was for TFM but it didn't make the cut.

Then there was the first Fernando Gariby version, but later DJWS and Clint joined the production and finished the song.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chica...simply put...you are an icon, you are a legend and you are THE MOMENT. Come on now!

I always love your interviews thoughrougt the years. I pray you one day can become a pop culture journalist on radio or on some prestigious music blog or something and have access to interview all the artists, producers, writers, dancers etc that inspire and touch your soul and I hope you take us along the journey (so we can sneak in the questions we want answered as well like you always manage to do for us lol! :giggle:

congrats on another killer interview queen and thanks again :hug: :heart: 

ChicaSkas
1 hour ago, NATAH said:

now we're asking the real questions!

Soon, need to locate 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• ChicaSkas changed the title to Talking "Bloody Mary" with DJWS & Clinton Sparks
25 minutes ago, River said:

Then there was the first Fernando Gariby version, but later DJWS and Clint joined the production and finished the song.

isn't DJWS is saying the idea came from Clinton unless Clinton already knew about the RedOne demo and repurposed it?

mother, what must i do?

4 minutes ago, NATAH said:

isn't DJWS is saying the idea came from Clinton unless Clinton already knew about the RedOne demo and repurposed it?

He came up with the idea of the Gregorian chant, which was absent in the RedOne version.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

You are so professional and amazing!

I wish this is an in-person video interview :giveup:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Flippy

Chica, thank you so much for this! You’re amazing! :hug: I love the interviews you do! :kara: 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

TheBadRomancer

ugh Clinton Sparks did the best remix of bloody mary imo

also wow matt williams what a throwback DADA

ChicaSkas
3 hours ago, Oriane said:

Is it me or he didn't understand the question :air:

So you were right, originally there were 2 concepts here, and I've fixed the article to show that.

The two concepts are:

1. the fact that Clinton had an idea for the chants of GA - GA in the beginning of the song, that idea stayed

2. the fact that Clinton also had an idea for the live perf of BM to include giant flashing red letters of GA - GA behind her as she sang --- that idea DID NOT stay as Paul and LG didn't like it. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Shipper

Oh wow I feel so happy to read that they share the joy of this Bloody Mary-Wednesday track with us.

Im also so happy with this interview. Like seriously, thank you for getting in touch with them!! :diane:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

ChrissyBot
1 hour ago, ChicaSkas said:

So you were right, originally there were 2 concepts here, and I've fixed the article to show that.

The two concepts are:

1. the fact that Clinton had an idea for the chants of GA - GA in the beginning of the song, that idea stayed

2. the fact that Clinton also had an idea for the live perf of BM to include giant flashing red letters of GA - GA behind her as she sang --- that idea DID NOT stay as Paul and LG didn't like it. 

Have you asked him about some stories about NOBTR? That would also be a really interesting

PropaGaga
3 hours ago, River said:

There was no RedOne (or Fernando) version of "Bloody Mary" for TFM. That was indeed a fake title created by some fan. The only version of the song is the track DJWS and Clinton Sparks worked on for Gaga, which she wrote/recorded in 2010 for BTW. DJWS said on Twitter ages ago that Fernando actually had nothing to do with the development of that song, despite being credited on it.

ChicaSkas
11 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

There was no RedOne (or Fernando) version of "Bloody Mary" for TFM. That was indeed a fake title created by some fan. The only version of the song is the track DJWS and Clinton Sparks worked on for Gaga, which she wrote/recorded in 2010 for BTW. DJWS said on Twitter ages ago that Fernando actually had nothing to do with the development of that song, despite being credited on it.

:legend:hi king :sara:

Essentially yes, there is no Fernando Garibay version of Bloody Mary.

RAMROD

Thank you for this, @ChicaSkas  :applause:

Ah, you missed the important question, the cult question if Bloody Mary was indeed from TFM era or not, if the supposedly demo that been floating around is real :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ChicaSkas
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Thank you for this, @ChicaSkas  :applause:

Ah, you missed the important question, the cult question if Bloody Mary was indeed from TFM era or not, if the supposedly demo that been floating around is real :billie:

That can be asked 

Archived