• Sasha
    • Mistress
    • Luxx
    • Anetra

Featured Posts

badfaith
1 minute ago, weed said:
  Hide contents

omg.... apparently Anetra injured a dancer/they got injured somehow and BROKE THEIR LEG! finale has been on standby the last 30-ish minutes. All apparently, only from random tweets I see on twitter.

Spoiler

Damn, must have been a powerful kick 

weed
1 minute ago, badfaith said:
  Hide contents

Damn, must have been a powerful kick 

Spoiler

literally!!.. all alleged. Hopefully it doesn't ruin everything for her :saladga: wishing the best healing for the dancer

Ladle Ghoulash
10 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Also about the episode: Anetra and Sasha's runways were amazing, especially Anetra. I loved MIB too. Luxx's was fine, HATED that wig line. 

The rumix was fine, I'm almost never impressed by them so whatever. Sasha was the correct winner. Her alien look was everything :giveup: Anetra performed well but her verse was weak, and MIB's verse was fine but her performance wasn't. 

And Anetra clearly won that lipsync. There was no need for a double save at all. I wish they actually gave us a top 3 for once. Ugh. Also how many times is MIB gonna blame her gowns for her lipsyncs :alsemanche: You know the show has a lipsync every single episode, come prepared for that :alsemanche: Anetra had a full ass gown and she figured out a way to lipsync in it and have a reveal. 

Anw, GIVE SASHA THAT CROWN!!! This episode cemented her as the clear winner. Rooting for Anetra as well though. 

Also low key feel like not eliminating MIB feels like prolonging the inevitable if it's a lip sync smackdown for the crown because no way in hell is she winning that against Sasha, Anetra, or Luxx.

• Thanks 1

Ladle Ghoulash
6 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

So they posted the lipsync on youtube and 90% of the comments are saying MIB won that lipsync and that Anetra should've gone home. Did everyone watch the same lipsync or did I miss something?

Imo MIB isn't a good lip syncer. She makes the same faces for every song and it never really feels like she connects w/ the music 

• Thanks 1

BUtterfield 8

Nobody spoil anything for me I just wanna know this particular incident cause it got posted randomly on YouTube but 

Spoiler

Something happened to Anetra’s backup dancer?

weed
3 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Nobody spoil anything for me I just wanna know this particular incident cause it got posted randomly on YouTube but 

Reveal hidden contents

Something happened to Anetra’s backup dancer?

Ya it's true. 

Spoiler

I've seen posts saying Anetra injured him and others saying he injured himself

BUtterfield 8
1 minute ago, weed said:

Ya it's true. 

Hide contents

I've seen posts saying Anetra injured him and others saying he injured himself

Oh damn hopefully they’re okay 

weed

f*ck!! lol not my fantasy but the 2nd best. spoiler

Spoiler

Malaysia is Miss Congeniality. Was rooting for Spice lol but Malaysia deserves. 

weed
Spoiler

so the finale is officially over. I've seen low quality pics of half of the girls, most look amazing. Excited to see Salina's bc people praise it, Loosey's in HQ bc she looks scary, and the top 4 I haven't really seen anything. Top 2 is Anetra and Sasha, as it should be. Mistress apparently slayed the original song portion, looked pissed to not be top 2 lol. Sasha had a big reveal and it was not executed flawlessly but everyone cheered for her the most. She's also from LA. 

Levine
13 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Well, I think Sasha is excellent but I think we just talk about her differently lmao

To me drag excellence is Bob The Drag Queen, Monet, Jinkx even, Bendela, Detox, Alaska people who can do anything. And as much as I like Sasha, she doesn't come close to the queens I cited. 

• Sad 1

Levine
33 minutes ago, weed said:
  Reveal hidden contents

so the finale is officially over. I've seen low quality pics of half of the girls, most look amazing. Excited to see Salina's bc people praise it, Loosey's in HQ bc she looks scary, and the top 4 I haven't really seen anything. Top 2 is Anetra and Sasha, as it should be. Mistress apparently slayed the original song portion, looked pissed to not be top 2 lol. Sasha had a big reveal and it was not executed flawlessly but everyone cheered for her the most. She's also from LA. 

Spoiler

I HAAAAAAAAAAATE the single performances, it's so stupid and it only helps the queens who have the most budget! Like give us the lipsync smackdown or, at least, come up with something new. Happy for the top 2, the winner was clear since the announcement and I'm fine with it, I read that they didn't even film the double crowning lmao. I hope to see Anetra in an AS

I'm happy for miss congeniality, even tho the CRUEL edit of the first half of the season didn't show us everything so I literally had no idea on who could have been, I thought Selina or Spice, but I'm happy for Malaysia! 

• Love 1

mwjuell91
7 minutes ago, Levine said:

To me drag excellence is Bob The Drag Queen, Monet, Jinkx even, Bendela, Detox, Alaska people who can do anything. And as much as I like Sasha, she doesn't come close to the queens I cited. 

she's got a different skillset. She is a dancer first and foremost and can outperform all these queens in that category.

• Like 2

Levine
3 hours ago, mwjuell91 said:

she's got a different skillset. She is a dancer first and foremost and can outperform all these queens in that category.

And that's it. She dances better than all of the names I wrote, but with the "right song" Bob, Monet and Detox can eat her up in a lipsync.

She doesn't have the whole package to be excellent, but that doesn't take away her talent and importance in the drag scene.

DanielM

Sasha is such a leader, I think she is the one to replace RuPaul, actually. I never saw that in any queen, I am in love with her. She's MOTHER. I don't think she had one mistep throughout the season, so I am officially rooting for her, even though I love Anetra 

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Ziggy
4 hours ago, Levine said:

Tbh the show was also different then so I’m not gonna cast stones bc, hell, we only lately have gotten a chance to get to know Sasha and I do think interactions outside the actual challenges are a big part of what creates a “legend” to people . She’s THE pageant queen. It’s just a different world than the drag these gals do. 

at the end of the day, im no drag queen so far be it from me to claim what’s excellence and not but what I will say is that Sasha is just of a different breed than these other girls. When she mentioned working at the Baton I was like oh damn okay. That’s like ooooold school drag in Chicago. And Mimi Marks is an OG. It’s not an age thing so much as the environment. Like this is super throwback pageant drag. Tbh drag race hasn’t had someone like that in a very long time and doesn’t usually cast them/they don’t tend to go far so I think we have never gotten to have too much exposure to them aside from a handful. Bc it’s so removed of the type of drag all those you mentioned do, I don’t think it’s fair to minimize one drag in service of the other. Both are very difficult and require a lot of skill. Tbh I don’t think a lot of them would handle the pageant world of drag all that well. Drag race just doesn’t give too much a platform for it to shine. It definitely leans toward giving comedy queens with a solid look a leg up

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 1