💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift will make her film directorial debut with Searchlight Pictures

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Maxine Puth
9 minutes ago, Werewolves Wanted said:

Can you imagine this actually working though and them being a Hollywood duo making smash after smash?? Unlikely but fun to dream :giveup:

It would be interesting tbh

Versace
4 hours ago, Meat said:

Being passionate about something doesn’t mean you’re good at it. That video is hilariously mediocre. 

Girl I’m sorry but you’re known as one of her biggest hatters on this site, off course you’re not gonna have a good opinion of her on literally anything she does. 

1 hour ago, Versace said:

Girl I’m sorry but you’re known as one of her biggest hatters on this site, off course you’re not gonna have a good opinion of her on literally anything she does. 

You can log in on twitter and open any of the film pages. Everyone except for her stans are saying the same thing :shrug:

Space Cowboy
5 hours ago, Sorcerer said:

Huge career risk from her. If the film is panned, it's gonna be all on her. Not sure if a feature film is a right step based on her directing in All Too Well, which was pretty good but that was a music video. I hope a more established filmmaker can guide her.

Yeah it feels like ol girl is getting to ahead of herself.

huttont
5 hours ago, Sorcerer said:

I'm sure she can be a good director of music videos. This is a feature film we're talking about.

Even the funeral scene in the Anti-Hero music video was a bit too caricaturish. Imagine an entire feature film of that tone and dialogue. I wish her film will be more like the kitchen fight in ATW instead of Anti-Hero.

To be fair, I’m sure the funeral scene was supposed to be played over-the-top and caricaturish. The whole video was outlandish and campy. But yes I hope it is like the kitchen fight bc that was intense and real

Chromatography
38 minutes ago, Meat said:

You can log in on twitter and open any of the film pages. Everyone except for her stans are saying the same thing :shrug:

is it stans from different artists panning it or people who actually know what they’re talking about?

this is so ambitious and I am HERE for it. So proud of her. Whether this flops or not doesnt matter. She is adventuring into territories few female singers venture into.

Future Lovers
1 hour ago, Meat said:

That’s not true though. Film is my primary community; that’s what I do. And within the film forums and within the film groups, the response to ATW has been positive, though not widely discussed as it is a music video. Obviously no one is rushing to say that her film is going to be the same as a music video and a film are two entirely different beasts, but she does have the support of the film world and industry. 

Film twitter is just like music twitter, literary twitter, all special interest Twitter and twitter in general: an echo chamber that is unrepresentative of real world conversation that is predominantly used by negative voices within the community who are opposed to EVERYTHING. That’s why all these things that are so hot button on twitter have no impact out in the real world. 

7 hours ago, Chromatography said:

is it stans from different artists panning it or people who actually know what they’re talking about?

It’s actual film enthusiasts talking about how so many other brilliant short films from independent filmmakers deserve this spotlight but instead, the media is choosing to focus on Taylor because she has planned a ginormous campaign. And if you watch even one film by her competitors and then watch All Too Well after that, you’ll realise how comical this whole situation is. 

7 hours ago, Mr Mendes said:

That’s not true though. Film is my primary community; that’s what I do. And within the film forums and within the film groups, the response to ATW has been positive, though not widely discussed as it is a music video. Obviously no one is rushing to say that her film is going to be the same as a music video and a film are two entirely different beasts, but she does have the support of the film world and industry. 

Film twitter is just like music twitter, literary twitter, all special interest Twitter and twitter in general: an echo chamber that is unrepresentative of real world conversation that is predominantly used by negative voices within the community who are opposed to EVERYTHING. That’s why all these things that are so hot button on twitter have no impact out in the real world. 

Really? From what I’ve seen, wherever there’s a mention of Taylor being a “director”, everyone is dragging her in the quotes and her fans are fighting for their lives and calling them misogynistic and what not. You can check the recent Taylor related posts on Variety and FilmUpdates. It’s just her fans battling it out. 

Tinnitus15
17 hours ago, Maxine Puth said:

In 10 years: Lady Gaga stars in Taylor Swift Film composed by Lady Gaga written by Taylor Swift

No Way Meme GIF

Archived