Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Marilyn Monroe is the most iconic Woman of all time

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Blackout19

She is. I am really a huge fan of her. I watch I think every documentary about her life, I read everything about her. She is so iconic, she is a true legend.
I am sure nobody can take her place. I saw her movies, and omg she is doing a great job. I don't speak about her beauty, which everybody can agree.

Marilyn Monroe Kiss GIF

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Head Empty

I've always wondered if the obsession with Marilyn is mostly an American thing. As a European I've always known about her as being an "icon", but that didn't go much further than her "white dress moment". It was only later in life that I actually realised she was an actress. And just this year I learned some of her backstory.

I have to admit that I personally still don't see what made her so remarkable. Somehow her iconography has started to overshadow her actual career. She is hailed as a Hollywood goddess, but the only thing I hear people talk about is her looks and behind-the-scenes drama. The "hype" surrounding her seems disproportionate to her body of work.

That being said, maybe I'm just uneducated :messga:

Blackout19
15 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I've always wondered if the obsession with Marilyn is mostly an American thing. As a European I've always known about her as being an "icon", but that didn't go much further than her "white dress moment". It was only later in life that I actually realised she was an actress. And just this year I learned some of her backstory.

I have to admit that I personally still don't see what made her so remarkable. Somehow her iconography has started to overshadow her actual career. She is hailed as a Hollywood goddess, but the only thing I hear people talk about is her looks and behind-the-scenes drama. The "hype" surrounding her seems disproportionate to her body of work.

just watch some of her movies, especially The Misfits

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Cavadour

The Misfits is so tragic. The Grim Reaper was probably the only one to cast some shadow on the Nevada desert when it was shot. It's the swan song of MM and Clark Gable. Every actor performance is incredible.

The first time I fell in love with Marilyn, the actress, was in Niagara. So many iconic scenes are burned deep in my memory. I have to re-watch this movie from time to time. When she sings at the motel. The incredibly long shot of her from behind, walking away across the bridge. The clocktower scene with the bells... It was the first time I was deeply moved by her beauty and fragile aura.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Emigrante
3 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I also don’t get the amount of hype that surrounds her. She was great, but that’s it.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

VOLANTIS

Princess Diana is the more global icon though. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Cavadour

She died in 1962 at 36 right at the peak of her career. She was a worldwide sensation at that time. Her private life was tabloid daily feed. Her death made an instant myth icon of her. Very similar to James Dean in '55. Their acting abilities set apart, they were global phenomenons back then. I remember the 70's : MM Warhol portrait poster was everywhere. Side by side with Che Guevara's. Marilyn passed away 70 years ago. All things must pass and that's probably why her star is less shiny today, among the young generation.

Think maybe, just as if Gaga - god [or anything else] forbid - might die, right now, at 36... How many people in 2092 you think will get the amount of hype that surrounds her today ?

Cavadour

We are just speaking about fame and hype here, don't we ?

androiduser
1 minute ago, bionic said:

Cleopatra is more famous and recognizable, and has been so for over 2,000 years

that's debatable, a lot of people don't know anything about history, and even if they don't know Marilyn's name, they have seen her photos

bionic
1 minute ago, androiduser said:

that's debatable, a lot of people don't know anything about history, and even if they don't know Marilyn's name, they have seen her photos

99% of people who have access to media relating to Marilyn Monroe will also have been exposed to media relating to or influenced by Cleopatra

buy bionic

Versace

Her looks are what make her iconic and there’s nothing wrong with admitting that. She was a beauty. 

Archived