• The Fame
    • The Fame Monster
    • Born This Way
    • ARTPOP
    • Joanne
    • Chromatica

Featured Posts

Controversiaga

Which of her solo studio albums do you consider her most experimental?  
In which one does she push the boundaries most, doesn’t play it safe, and steps outside of the typical factory pop formula and makes a statement?

in my opinion, it’s Born This Way.  This was the first time we saw Gaga go above and beyond the typical expectations of commercial, radio friendly pop music.  From the production to the lyrics, the album is full of tracks that were made for the album, not for commercial radio promo.  Imo, this album is her most experimental.  I think ARTPOP wanted to be what BTW was but in EDM form, however to me it just feels like what you’d expect from an EDM album. But that being said, I’d say ARTPOP is her second most experimental, with Joanne being her most unpredictable/unexpected and most left field album. 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lextyr97

Born This Way or Joanne. 

Born This Way is grossly unique. I have never heard anything like it or as spectacular as it 😛 Joanne is just different for her

Borisapillar

There's nothing experimental about Joanne. Gaga's pop music in general is pretty formulaic. Born This Way takes the most risks, sonically.

dimitristhe

Definitely Born This Way. Who thought a pop artist would release an electronic dark pop sound with rock and gothic influences as her second one.

Let’s start with the titles of the tracks, Scheiße, Bloody Mary, Judas, Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover, Black Jesus + Amen Fashion, Highway Unicorn (Road To Love), Marry The Night. Such unique and extraordinarily song titles, she wanted to talk about themes no one talked about in pop culture before. 
The production hits hard, the synths are out of this world. Gaga and her team created a sound we didn’t expect, a sound that is fresh and timeless. They used church bells, guitars, saxophone, violins, drums, effects, a lot of vocal layers. Every song has a weird 80’s feeling with metal, electronic and goth influences. 
In my opinion that album was a creation of all her influences and interests (Madonna, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Bruce Springsteen, Fashion, rock and roll, camp).

She took a different direction, she trusted herself and explored her roots and boom, Born This Way was created.

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

Versace

Sonically it’s BTW by a mile 

Some are probs confusing AP’s high concept or Joanne’s genre shift as “experimental” 

Anderson123

Joanne if we're talking about Gaga standards because it's clearly not a sound we expected to hear from her. As for a general answer, Born This Way. It mixes a lot of stuff in there like Mariachi, Pop, Dance, Techno, opera, heavy metal, rock, etc. it was just Gaga over the top and it's an amazing album. ARTPOP is EDM but no other girl would've made something like Aura, Jewels, Swine or even Applause. 

Putang Ina Mo

Born This Way and Joanne

Born This Way sounds NOTHING, NOT EVEN SIMILAR to what her peers have released during the 2010s. For example: BTW has Scheiße – a song with a gibberish hook.

Joanne is quite experimental for me, IMO, since literally no one expected her to have "stripped down" solo album after ARTPOP, after AHS, and after the dark looks she served during the The Countess era and the "The Original LG5" era.

my username says it all 🇵🇭

AURAOFSHEISSE

How are people saying Joanne lmao that’s like the safest and most vanilla Gaga album the whole point of Joanne was to be the opposite of ARTPOP and BTW

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

Controversiaga
17 minutes ago, AUARAOFSHEISSE said:

How are people saying Joanne lmao that’s like the safest and most vanilla Gaga album the whole point of Joanne was to be the opposite of ARTPOP and BTW

I think the album as a whole is an experiment for the character of Gaga because it’s like no other album she’s put out before.  But that being said, it feels empty of what makes Gaga Gaga and I think they could’ve pushed the boundaries more with this genre but instead we played it very safe and cookie cutter.  Id say the exact same about CHROMATICA except it is a genre we expect from Gaga.

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Archived